What's new

Guide Updated Kung lao BnB Thread 2013

Corner Combos 1 Meter
·(any string that combos into spin) Spin, jumpkick+divekick, backwards Jumpkick+tele3, Standing3+Ex Hat, jumpkick+tele3, 24 = 48% off of 21
it's easier to do spin jkdk, backjkdk, 3EXhat, jktele3, plum flower
Your combo the margin for error is extremely slim for where you'll whiff the EX Hat. the one i posted if you hit the 3 at all the EX hat is guaranteed. they do the exact same damage, so i'd go with the easier one

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
it's easier to do spin jkdk, backjkdk, 3EXhat, jktele3, plum flower
Your combo the margin for error is extremely slim for where you'll whiff the EX Hat. the one i posted if you hit the 3 at all the EX hat is guaranteed. they do the exact same damage, so i'd go with the easier one
Try delaying the dive kick after the first jump kick and see if it gets any easier...

Try delaying the dive kick after the first jump kick and see if it gets any easier...
i do that. by now i think it's assumed so i dont note a delay. but the combo pmg posted requires more precision in the following points or you'll whiff the exhat:
jktele
instant3
3exhat

in the combo i posted you can afford not to be perfect on all 3 of those. how much time you get is determined by the delay on the jkdk and if you delay it both times (i can do it with one delay, but it's easy with 2)

xInfra Deadx

i do that. by now i think it's assumed so i dont note a delay. but the combo pmg posted requires more precision in the following points or you'll whiff the exhat:
jktele
instant3
3exhat

in the combo i posted you can afford not to be perfect on all 3 of those. how much time you get is determined by the delay on the jkdk and if you delay it both times (i can do it with one delay, but it's easy with 2)
I'll be the first to admit, I never use that combo anyway for that reason. I do use meter on an EX teleport after 2 4 for some insane corner pressure...if the opponent doesn't have X Ray that is...

I'll be the first to admit, I never use that combo anyway for that reason. I do use meter on an EX teleport after 2 4 for some insane corner pressure...if the opponent doesn't have X Ray that is...
then try the one i posted. i promise it's a lot more viable and with tele3,21spin does 55% :D (you'd be shocked at how many top players get caught with that because they think there's no way you have the balls to do it)

then try the one i posted. i promise it's a lot more viable and with tele3,21spin does 55% :D (you'd be shocked at how many top players get caught with that because they think there's no way you have the balls to do it)
that combo is also an option if you have a hard time doing tele 3, I dont have any problems with the tele 3 combo but if you have a hard time doing it, delaying the dive kick after the first jumpkick will give you more than enough time to do the rest of the combo.

I am already used to the combo and doing a tele 3 in a combo builds more meter than a divekick, another reason tele 3 would be better is because it has better wall carry.

You can get more damage off of an AA spin by just doing the normal spin combo. The only difference is if you spin at the max height of your opponents jump, you just have to delay the jk/dk.
AA Spin, Jumpkick+Divekick, Divekick, 24, 1+3 (2)=30%
vs.
AA Spin, NJP, Jumpkick+Divekick, Roll+Spin=24%
You want to use the NJP version with meter because it gets you 1% more damage, but for meterless I don't really see a reason to not do the higher damage combo.

You can get more damage off of an AA spin by just doing the normal spin combo. The only difference is if you spin at the max height of your opponents jump, you just have to delay the jk/dk.
AA Spin, Jumpkick+Divekick, Divekick, 24, 1+3 (2)=30%
vs.
AA Spin, NJP, Jumpkick+Divekick, Roll+Spin=24%
You want to use the NJP version with meter because it gets you 1% more damage, but for meterless I don't really see a reason to not do the higher damage combo.
thanks this is definitely a great find, Ill go to the lab and try this out.

also added new standing 2 jab anti air combo and 24 ex spin combo, 1 bar of meter is definitely worth it if it secures you the round or match.

xInfra Deadx

thanks this is definitely a great find, Ill go to the lab and try this out.

also added new standing 2 jab anti air combo and 24 ex spin combo, 1 bar of meter is definitely worth it if it secures you the round or match.
Here's another aa combo for you to try out. I'm getting pretty consistent with this combo:

aa Spin > njp >> 2 / Spin >> 2, 4, 1+3, 2 = 27%

Honestly though, i'm not sure about the 30% aa...hit them while they're high up in the air and this feels really inconsistent...

Here's another aa combo for you to try out. I'm getting pretty consistent with this combo:

Honestly though, i'm not sure about the 30% aa...hit them while they're high up in the air and this feels really inconsistent...
I am aware of that combo, cant get the hang of it somehow.

Ya it is definitely a lot trickier than the 24% version, but the timing is definitely feasible. These different AA combos are something you could change up on the fly in a match as well. If you spin closer to the max of their jump arc, they will be really high and you can just NJP combo if you aren't comfortable with the timing. If you spin when they are lower in their jump, you can use the normal spin combo for the extra damage.

Also while looking around at Reo's channel today I saw a nice BnB he uploaded that I think is worth mentioning
21~Spin, Jumpkick+Divekick, 1, Divekick, 24, 1+3 (2)=36%

1% higher damage and it is barely harder

Ya it is definitely a lot trickier than the 24% version, but the timing is definitely feasible. These different AA combos are something you could change up on the fly in a match as well. If you spin closer to the max of their jump arc, they will be really high and you can just NJP combo if you aren't comfortable with the timing. If you spin when they are lower in their jump, you can use the normal spin combo for the extra damage.

Also while looking around at Reo's channel today I saw a nice BnB he uploaded that I think is worth mentioning
21~Spin, Jumpkick+Divekick, 1, Divekick, 24, 1+3 (2)=36%

1% higher damage and it is barely harder
you can also do the standing 1 jab after the second divekick which is the combo I use sometimes, but if you start the combo differently like after a jumpin punch after some launching strings the 1% extra will just scale away.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
There is another meterless variation of the standing 2 AA combo that also does 27% damage:
2, slight dash, 2>spin, dash Jk/Dk, roll>spin. 27%. Very easy to do as long as you dash after the first spin. I also like to do this one just to style on people: 2, slight dash, 2 4, 2 4 1+3, 2 for 25%. You only have to dash slightly once and be a bit patient on the second 2 4.

Holmesy

Noob
Two different variations to the standing 2 AA combo:
2 dash 2 spin dash 2 spin slight dash 24 1+3 2 for 30%, 27% without the just frame.
2 dash 2 spin dash dive kick dive kick dash 24 1+3 2 for 31%, 28% without the just frame.

Two different variations to the standing 2 AA combo:
2 dash 2 spin dash 2 spin slight dash 24 1+3 2 for 30%, 27% without the just frame.
2 dash 2 spin dive kick dive kick dash 24 1+3 2 for 31%, 28% without the just frame.
Ill go to the lab with these.

Note: highlighted some combos that may have gone under the radar, that are recommended to do or combos that are improved versions of the previous.

Holmesy

Noob
The first combo I can get consistently but i'm not so good at the second one. By the way I edited the second combo with a dash after the spin, I think it is needed.

xInfra Deadx

I have some combos i'm gonna share with you guys.

Air to Air (1 bar): Dive Kick >> 2 / EX Hat - F3 / Spin(reverse direction) - Dive Kick >> 2, 4, 1+3, 2 - 40%
Adding a Jump Kick to start the same combo listed above will do 43%

Air to Air Dive Kick in the corner: Dive Kick - Back Jump Kick / Teleport 3 - 2, 4 / Spin - Jump Kick / Teleport 3 - 2, 4, 1+3, 2 - 39%
Situational. Somewhat awkward timing.

Air to Air corner: Jump Kick / Dive Kick - Back Jump Kick / Teleport 3 - 2, 4 / Spin - 1, 1, 2, 1 - 2, 4, 1+3, 2 - 40%
Jump Kick / Dive Kick - Back Jump Kick / Teleport 3 - 1, 1, 2, 1 - 2, 4 / Spin - 2, 4, 1+3, 2 - 40%
Situational like the one above but the timing isn't awkward.

1 bar Corner: B1, F1 - 2 / EX Hat - Jump Kick / Delayed Dive Kick - Back Jump Kick / Teleport 3 - 2, 4 / Spin - 2, 4, 1+3, 2 - 49%

Hi, I am new to MK9 but not new to MK series, started with KL and have been practicing his combos for 4 days now and cant really connect after his dive kick or double dive kick, tried dashes no dashes cant seem to get close to connect 24 after that, is it really that hard or most likely I am doing something wrong? Need help as this is getting really frustrating :(

Hi, I am new to MK9 but not new to MK series, started with KL and have been practicing his combos for 4 days now and cant really connect after his dive kick or double dive kick, tried dashes no dashes cant seem to get close to connect 24 after that, is it really that hard or most likely I am doing something wrong? Need help as this is getting really frustrating :(

read the thread from the start, Ive broken down the combo in parts for it to be easier to learn.

coolwhip

Noob
Isn't this actually 112 Spin, jumpkick, divekick, divekick, dash forward, 24 1+3 2 ?
If you want to do the double dive kick combo, you need to dash after the spin (before the JK/DK), in order to connect with the second dive kick from close enough to where you can do a small dash and finish with 24.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
If you want to do the double dive kick combo, you need to dash after the spin (before the JK/DK), in order to connect with the second dive kick from close enough to where you can do a small dash and finish with 24.
I'm positive you can connect everything without the first dash, and you NEED that last dash forward before the 24. In fact, if you dash forward before the jk, you may end up facing in the opposite direction, making it a little bit harder for the inputs. That's, at least, if no modifications have been made to the game after the release of the Komplete Edition.

coolwhip

Noob
I'm positive you can connect everything without the first dash, and you NEED that last dash forward before the 24. In fact, if you dash forward before the jk, you may end up facing in the opposite direction, making it a little bit harder for the inputs. That's, at least, if no modifications have been made to the game after the release of the Komplete Edition.
You can connect everything without the first dash, but for the sake of consistency, it's better to do it. I was struggling with the combo when I first started practicing it then I went to youtube and saw PL and others do it, and they all dashed. But if you're used to it without dashing, there's no major difference.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
You can connect everything without the first dash, but for the sake of consistency, it's better to do it. I was struggling with the combo when I first started practicing it then I went to youtube and saw PL and others do it, and they all dashed. But if you're used to it without dashing, there's no major difference.
I guess for some it is easier that way. For me, it's way harder.