What's new

Match-up Discussion Updated Killer Frost MU Chart

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Why is Killer frost doing a parry after slide where it's literally 40% for either player depending on the read always brought up as some form of pro for Killer Frost. They don't have to commit to anything and if they don't it's d1 into what.. pressure they can walk out of
Yeah and Killer Frost beats Catwoman because she can mbf3 her j2 like everyone else in the game and punish mb catdash like any other relevant character...
I think Bane definitely beats her and DS is at least a 4-6, they both can't zone really and he dominates post-slide options and out-footsies her, parry beats f3 on reaction and he can't jump but it's not like Killer Frost can do much either; essentially she is shut down more then him

The most accurate Killer Frost match-up chart:
Aquaman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Cyborg 3-7
Catwoman 5-5
Black Adam 4-6
Deathstroke 4-6
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 4-6
Green Arrow 5-5
Green Lantern 5-5
Harley Quinn 4-6
Hawkgirl 3-7
Joker (no one cares)
Lex Luthor 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Martian Manhunter 2-8
Nightwing 5-5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 5-5
Sinestro 6-4
Solomon Grundy 4-6
Superman 3-7
Wonder Woman 4-6
Zatanna 4-6
Zod 3-7

Last edited:

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Why is Killer frost doing a parry after slide where it's literally 40% for either player depending on the read always brought up as some form of pro for Killer Frost. They don't have to commit to anything and if they don't it's d1 into what.. pressure they can walk out of
Yeah and Killer Frost beats Catwoman because she can mbf3 her j2 like everyone else in the game and punish mb catdash like any other relevant character...
I think Bane definitely beats her and DS is at least a 4-6, they both can't zone really and he dominates post-slide options and out-footsies her, parry beats f3 on reaction and he can't jump but it's not like Killer Frost can do much either; essentially she is shut down more then him

Aquaman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Cyborg 3-7
Catwoman 5-5
Black Adam 4-6
Deathstroke 4-6
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 4-6
Green Arrow 5-5
Green Lantern 5-5
Harley Quinn 4-6
Hawkgirl 3-7
Joker (no one cares)
Lex Luthor 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Martian Manhunter 2-8
Nightwing 5-5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 5-5
Sinestro 6-4
Solomon Grundy 4-6
Superman 3-7
Wonder Woman 4-6
Zatanna 4-6
Zod 3-7
TIL Myles backwalks out of D1~Slide pressure. things are finally making sense!

And 4-6 Deathstroke????

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I agree with most of the points that Myles has made actually, minus the walking out of d1 pressure...

Also the general consensus is that KF beats Zatanna at least 6-4. Trait is worthless against KF, she out-zones Zat and iceberg is much faster than either ring toss or puppet master. I would say that I think Zatanna has quite good post-slide options though.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune

Aquaman 5-5
Ares 5-5
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Cyborg 3-7
Catwoman 5-5
Black Adam 4-6
Deathstroke 4-6
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 4-6
Green Arrow 5-5
Green Lantern 5-5
Harley Quinn 4-6
Hawkgirl 3-7
Joker (no one cares)
Lex Luthor 5-5
Lobo 5-5
Martian Manhunter 2-8
Nightwing 5-5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 5-5
Sinestro 6-4
Solomon Grundy 4-6
Superman 3-7
Wonder Woman 4-6
Zatanna 4-6
Zod 3-7
Idk about grundy being 4-6 but then again I have no experience in this mu...anyone wanna help this weekend?

Verrrryyyy niceeeee!!!!!! But u have to mention that martians attempt to tele gets iceberg even if the tip of their green head is out.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
vs Lex Luthor 5-5
exp. Revolver
Frost out zones Lex. A few of his strings are interrupted with parry, equaling 40%+ into a vortex. Traited up Lex when he does get in is a nightmare. Also, being a power character with decent interactable control doesn't help Frost.
Just to clarify, none of lex's strings are interruptable, only on whiff. Because 112 has weird properties it only works naked when I'm using it just because it's his fastest standing normal.

astronout

see you at the top.

Ares 5-5
Catwoman 5-5
Deathstroke 4-6
Flash 4-6
Nightwing 5-5
Superman 3-7
Zod 3-7
i've played these specific matchups at the highest possible level against the best character representatives for said characters and these numbers reek of of both significant downplaying and benightedness.

catwoman loses because her best special, footsie tool, and jump in attacks are all negated and punished extremely easily, not because the post slide guessing game isn't in her favor. I more than anyone else understand both character's tools and no one is going to convince me that Killer Frost doesn't have the advantage in the MU.

ares isn't even and that should be easily understood just by looking at each character's tools

how does deathstroke out footsie slide? B1 or F3'ing randomly in footsie range? good luck with that.

why would you think that Flash beats Killer Frost? I've played the Flash MU more than any other MU in the game and never once did I think he had any slight advantage in the matchup.

and you seriously thinking that nightwing goes even with Frost is just another example of extreme downplaying.

the superman having a significant advantage over Frost in this point in the game's life is laughable. both Superman and Killer Frost players have been in agreement since before the most recent patch that the MU was even. are you saying that Superman does just as well in this MU as Cyborg does?

Again, why does Zod beat Killer Frost? his subpar footsie tools? mediocre pressure? Exploitable wakeups? Full screen trait mixups that are easily fuzzy-able with practice? If he does have an advantage, it would be because of his interactable control and nothing more.

Last edited:
not air teleport, right?
honestly when they jump and teleport i dash forward and do not bother with iceberg... but i guess you can try and see. should work as well on air teleport cause hes going to the ground... and you are doing a move off of a ground... so.. why not.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
It works off air tele as well. But I'd rather block his tele and hope for a punish and keep him close, rather than hope I read his jump properly and catch him with an iceberg full screen. Yes you could MB to dash in and slide to set up vortex, but based on my experience (online) you're just hoping to catch a tele by reading them with iceberg, not reacting to tele. Not a smart way to play vs this guy online. I've found it to be much safer to just bait a tele and save icebergs for orb/air rocket punishes

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
i've played these specific matchups at the highest possible level against the best character representatives for said characters and these numbers reek of of both significant downplaying and benightedness.

catwoman loses because her best special, footsie tool, and jump in attacks are all negated and punished extremely easily, not because the post slide guessing game isn't in her favor. I more than anyone else understand both character's tools and no one is going to convince me that Killer Frost doesn't have the advantage in the MU.

ares isn't even and that should be easily understood just by looking at each character's tools

how does deathstroke out footsie slide? B1 or F3'ing randomly in footsie range? good luck with that.

why would you think that Flash beats Killer Frost? I've played the Flash MU more than any other MU in the game and never once did I think he had any slight advantage in the matchup.

and you seriously thinking that nightwing goes even with Frost is just another example of extreme downplaying.

the superman having a significant advantage over Frost in this point in the game's life is laughable. both Superman and Killer Frost players have been in agreement since before the most recent patch that the MU was even. are you saying that Superman does just as well in this MU as Cyborg does?

Again, why does Zod beat Killer Frost? his subpar footsie tools? mediocre pressure? Exploitable wakeups? Full screen trait mixups that are easily fuzzy-able with practice? If he does have an advantage, it would be because of his interactable control and nothing more.
Why do you even respond to him?

until you get top 8 or top 16 with frost your irrelevant
its a good point that you are making but, that does not really mean anything.... there are hundreds of people that cannot make to the tournaments and they are amazing with their characters... so before you speak please... think what you are going to say. i value @RiBBz22 and @Espio like crazy, so do not discredit all the work people do by just saying "until you make it to top charts you are irrelevant."

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
its a good point that you are making but, that does not really mean anything.... there are hundreds of people that cannot make to the tournaments and they are amazing with their characters... so before you speak please... think what you are going to say. i value @RiBBz22 and @Espio like crazy, so do not discredit all the work people do by just saying "until you make it to top charts you are irrelevant."
not discrediting anyones work but that statement was only towards him

it's -4. nightwing has an even tougher time getting around daggers than aquaman does. killer frost wins the trade in escirma and staff thanks to daggers being two hits. wing dings are punished anywhere on the screen. your best normals are parried for 40% into a vortex. if you want to up-play the matchup then by all means continue to do so but I've laid out reasons why you should reconsider.
POST SLIDE GAME
NW can play meter for meter parry MB / f3 MB vs flip kick MB post slide. It also beats her d1. If KF is annoyed of that and wants to uppercut the flip kick then NW can pressure or setup d12 post slide game. Reads bro.

D12 GAME
The d12 on block post slide game is whether he will take a step back and jump or take a step back and back dash. On hit confirm into fury and do the combo listed just below to play wake up vs post slide game.

NW also has the option to wing ding or empty jump back instead of j3. Both options look the same up to the one step back part, if KF hesitates she cannot punish wing ding so it's slide or NW is safe. It's important to take 1 single step back before back dashing or jumping as it spaces the jump so that j3 would combo and wing dings would become safe on block. Back dash looses to slide, one step back into j3 combo's the slide. Reads bro.

The combo granted by j3 is d1~fury j3~wing ding then xx forward. This combo allows NW to jump back 3 after the xx forward to bait the slide or do nothing and play post slide game again.

THE MU
The MU itself is rather even. The post slide game however is in KF favor only because NW is rewarded less for the same reads.

@RiBBz22 This is the d12 game I was telling you about =) Haven't got the chance to really show it yet

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I suppose saying Doomsday vs Frost is 6-4 in her favor is acceptable. Unless you're playing @Rickyraws. He makes it a 7-3.

I haven't ever played you, so I can't say that about you. You're no slouch, I'm sure, so you would probably sway my opinion in the direction of 7-3. :p

Only reason I agree that it's a 6-4 is because Rickyraws has really helped me adjust to playing against Killer Frost and he doesn't stomp me like he used to. He still beats me pretty badly at times, but I'm nowhere near as free. So a 6-4 is okay in my eyes.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
POST SLIDE GAME
NW can play meter for meter parry MB / f3 MB vs flip kick MB post slide. It also beats her d1. If KF is annoyed of that and wants to uppercut the flip kick then NW can pressure or setup d12 post slide game. Reads bro.

D12 GAME
The d12 on block post slide game is whether he will take a step back and jump or take a step back and back dash. On hit confirm into fury and do the combo listed just below to play wake up vs post slide game.

NW also has the option to wing ding or empty jump back instead of j3. Both options look the same up to the one step back part, if KF hesitates she cannot punish wing ding so it's slide or NW is safe. It's important to take 1 single step back before back dashing or jumping as it spaces the jump so that j3 would combo and wing dings would become safe on block. Back dash looses to slide, one step back into j3 combo's the slide. Reads bro.

The combo granted by j3 is d1~fury j3~wing ding then xx forward. This combo allows NW to jump back 3 after the xx forward to bait the slide or do nothing and play post slide game again.

THE MU
The MU itself is rather even. The post slide game however is in KF favor only because NW is rewarded less for the same reads.

@RiBBz22 This is the d12 game I was telling you about =) Haven't got the chance to really show it yet
6-4 frost

astronout

see you at the top.
POST SLIDE GAME

D12 GAME

THE MU

Killer Frost backdahses after a blocked slide. Now what?