What's new

UPDATE 10/5/17: Injustice 2 Gear Issue response from WB Support

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
UPDATE 10/5/17:
"Over the next few hours we’ll be rolling out a fix to return lost Gear to our affected users. You’ll need to reboot your console to get the update. Keep in mind it may take some time for your Gear to sync. Thank you for your patience!"

To all experiencing the issue of lost gear from the latest Injustice 2 patch, should read the statement below:

gear1.jpg

We’re aware that some players who downloaded the most recent Injustice 2 patch are missing Gear they have earned. For those affected by this issue - please try and reboot the game after installing the patch. This should recover any Gear earned before 9/25.

If you earned gear after 9/25 that was not restored, the game team is still investigating this issue. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused and thank you for your patience!
Source: WB Support

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
This is why testing patches is a good idea before releasing them.
You can't. There is a big difference between designing software and who it behaves out in the "wild". I get that kids expect everything to be perfect and their to never be any hardship.. but that is just not how the world works. Even if you pay 1000s of people to test, it still will not cover a fraction of the problems that happen on wide networks interacting with millions of users and all the other systems that are not in the developers control.

I think NRS has well earned the benefit of the doubt that if there are errors that are 100% going to happen now and then, and probably often.. that they will fix it.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
This is why testing patches is a good idea before releasing them.
I'm moreso mad at Microsoft and Sony because they had to approve these patches and both of them messed up, iirc. So if neither of them caught it this is probably something no one saw coming

kevkopdx

Noob
Was waiting for a fix before I updated but just decided to do it. Everything is working fine for me, didn’t lose anything

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Great news, I'm sure everything will be fine eventually. Give NRS time to fix it, they can do it and I'm sure they will.

Yeah, this is the more messed up thing. Source Crystals are money in this game. This patch is literally taking some people's money. And didn't previous patches also mess with people's gear and source crystals, just not on this level?
i dunno, but i was saving up for some shaders and i'm not spending real $ on it :/

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I agree that they need not just NRS but game developers in general need to test patches prior, though there's another part of me that can't help but wonder that this patch was rushed because of the people cheating the game with the epic/legendary glitch.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm one of those from 9/25 and on. I'll wait till I see any tip to fix this fuckery. -_-

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well on the upside they are being transparent about it. I'm sure the techs over there are mad scrambling through logging timestamps and the like to recreate/see where the issue is coming from to resolve it.

On the other hand, don't act so surprised. This is the 4th game now where updating/patches/dlc/ any extra content added afterwards has somehow borked the game(s). I lost my season pass of itsjustass after getting mmh and zatana, never got them back. Don't care at this point.

MK9 - infinite loading/connecting issue after updates

Injustice - Error on launch/ uninstall - reinstall game to fix after updates, effectively deleting already downloaded dlc at the time

MKX - (ok you got me here, I stopped this one before tremor came out lol)

Injustice 2 - the great gear scandal of September 2017.

Its not like they have some blemish free record when it comes to updating/adding content. Inb4 Crimson or some other tech head "well that's the same for any software tho...." :DOGE

Me personally, I haven't been more frustrated with patches and updates than with the few NRS games I've played. Not a deal breaker, but boy it gets annoying lol.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Well on the upside they are being transparent about it. I'm sure the techs over there are mad scrambling through logging timestamps and the like to recreate/see where the issue is coming from to resolve it.

On the other hand, don't act so surprised. This is the 4th game now where updating/patches/dlc/ any extra content added afterwards has somehow borked the game(s). I lost my season pass of itsjustass after getting mmh and zatana, never got them back. Don't care at this point.

MK9 - infinite loading/connecting issue after updates

Injustice - Error on launch/ uninstall - reinstall game to fix after updates, effectively deleting already downloaded dlc at the time

MKX - (ok you got me here, I stopped this one before tremor came out lol)

Injustice 2 - the great gear scandal of September 2017.

Its not like they have some blemish free record when it comes to updating/adding content. Inb4 Crimson or some other tech head "well that's the same for any software tho...." :DOGE

Me personally, I haven't been more frustrated with patches and updates than with the few NRS games I've played. Not a deal breaker, but boy it gets annoying lol.
But that's exactly the thing, it can happen to any dev team, and I've seen stuff that were a lot worse for some other companies as well. Not to mention that there have been found more then one way to fix this by yourself.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
But that's exactly the thing, it can happen to any dev team, and I've seen stuff that were a lot worse for some other companies as well. Not to mention that there have been found more then one way to fix this by yourself.
Exactly, it's not like this shit is exclusive with only NRS games lol. It's happened with other big games, COD, Halo, SF etc, etc A far as I'm concerned no developer is perfect.

Wavy

Block Spammer
I'm moreso mad at Microsoft and Sony because they had to approve these patches and both of them messed up, iirc. So if neither of them caught it this is probably something no one saw coming
Actually that's not the point of verification of Microsoft and Sony. They check to see if it messes with their software. Nothing to do with how it affects the game at hand. This is a developer issue/lack of awareness. You'd be asking a lot of them to make sure issues like these never happen in verification, to the point where patches would ever get through in months time.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Actually that's not the point of verification of Microsoft and Sony. They check to see if it messes with their software. Nothing to do with how it affects the game at hand. This is a developer issue/lack of awareness. You'd be asking a lot of them to make sure issues like these never happen in verification, to the point where patches would ever get through in months time.
Interesting. Didn't know that.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I got luck, it just unequipped about ten shaders. Didn't delete any gear as far as I can tell. Reboots didn't fix it but it took about two minutes to put everything to right again. I got lucky there, sucks for people who lost legendaries, that's a lot of time!