What's new

Tech - Unstoppable Unstoppable Tech and Strategy Discussion

Have any of you played a really good Sektor? How do you catch him and punish him? Everything he has seems to out-prioritize Jason's b1. His string that ends with a backdash gets him out of trouble, his EX Flame can't be dealt with. Basically, he wins the neutral game, and he's able to keep you in the neutral game as long as he likes.
yeh i dont like that matchup i tried using relentless and do ex teleports but it doesn't seem to be enough

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
This thread is for unstoppable :-P

Lol but even in relentless, it should work if you enter it fast enough. Hard to explain but it works. Test it out when you get a chance. When I played on pad it was the shortcut I used for all dbf commands. If you still struggle with it, try rolling the db portion of the input.
OOPS! My bad lol. I just got so hung up on the whole b1 into tick throw thing. I tried to lab it the way you said and I still wasn't able to get it out. I tried the roll method and it works occasionally but my inputs get very sloppy. Ill have to work on it some more. Thanks for the tips.

Parasurama

Dragon
Have any of you played a really good Sektor? How do you catch him and punish him? Everything he has seems to out-prioritize Jason's b1. His string that ends with a backdash gets him out of trouble, his EX Flame can't be dealt with. Basically, he wins the neutral game, and he's able to keep you in the neutral game as long as he likes.
His missiles are able to be ducked, I would heal and wait for him to come in and open him himself up in general of he zones. I thought that flame thing was punishable?

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I've had a bit of trouble at first against Sektors that abuse the air charge lots, especially when they do it over and over it gets frustrating to get around it because they're safe on block and they rinse and repeat it. If they start throwing it out lots, db1 is pretty forgiving anti air against it. Other good options are b2, d2, and even just neutral crouching it, sometimes you'll be able to make it whiff if they do it too high, then you can punish.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I don't think I've played many good Sektors, so I can't add much to that discussion. I will say, however, that I find Unstoppable's toughest match-ups tend to be against the best zoners in the game.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, just got dominated by an amazing Liu and Cyrax player. The neutral was a nightmare, and even when I did get him cornered, he could d1 before I could use any corner setups. Every blocked move I threw out was met with either a 35%+ combo or at least 10%+ chip. If I blocked anything, both characters were out of range for d1 or any other punish.

Cyrax would just hang back and build insane meter while throwing out nets and bombs. If I timed it right, I could reveral a blocked net to get out health buff, but if I was a second too late, I would eat a net. Once I would finally get in, I would have to guess my way through staggers and 50/50s to hopfully hit a 25% combo (because at no point could I get out my damage buff). One wrong guess and I wad put in an "unblockable" loop. Even if I used EX df1, I would only deal 5% damage before the bomb knocked me out and it was back into the grinder.

I'm no pro, but I'm also no noob, and these felt straight-up unwinnable.

(Typed on phone, please forgive typos)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yeah, just got dominated by an amazing Liu and Cyrax player. The neutral was a nightmare, and even when I did get him cornered, he could d1 before I could use any corner setups. Every blocked move I threw out was met with either a 35%+ combo or at least 10%+ chip. If I blocked anything, both characters were out of range for d1 or any other punish.

Cyrax would just hang back and build insane meter while throwing out nets and bombs. If I timed it right, I could reveral a blocked net to get out health buff, but if I was a second too late, I would eat a net. Once I would finally get in, I would have to guess my way through staggers and 50/50s to hopfully hit a 25% combo (because at no point could I get out my damage buff). One wrong guess and I wad put in an "unblockable" loop. Even if I used EX df1, I would only deal 5% damage before the bomb knocked me out and it was back into the grinder.

I'm no pro, but I'm also no noob, and these felt straight-up unwinnable.

(Typed on phone, please forgive typos)
I definitely don't think the Liu matchup is unwinnable. I don't know much about Cyrax, though.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
So maybe it's me, but I'll sacrifice damage for the set-up every single time. In the corner I find myself doing set-ups that allow enough time to use b3u1 to shatter armour if they wake-up. Something like:

b122, njp, jip b2xxbuff OR b122, njp, jip, 32 buff

If I hit somebody in the corner I'm rarely going for choke as an ender. B3U1 in a combo has a quick stand effect to it and I belieeeeeeve I could be wrong but I think you have enough time to throw out a f3 afterward which leaves you +7. I know you have more than enough time to do a b1 string or b3 string which will shatter the armour. Any time I land a poke in the corner, f3 is the next thing that I do. But yeah the TLDR version is just set-ups are dope but I don't like set-ups that are only safe. I wanna be able to frame trap them with more than a poke.