What's new

Tech - Unstoppable Unstoppable Tech and Strategy Discussion

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
True, 111 is better for rolls, but I remember many wake ups low profiling b12 (the old "armor break"). So, throwing a high above their downed state is somewhat risky

In case you wanna cover both options: low profile wake ups & roll-no roll
You can sacrifice dmg and go for b3~bf3 (you actually just press b3f3)
it won't get low profiled. If they stay down, the special won't come out so you whiff b3, only to confirm the situation and press it again. Plus a corner bf3's animation and knockdown is the swiftest ender to keep things fast paced for the precious dd3 timer to compensate that you didn't go for a launcher instead
I think the best option is to do the HKD setup posted above mine. You can alternate between b3 and d3. D3 will recover faster and you can meaty a b3 in their delayed wake up making them guess between b3u1 or b3 2+4. But if you're making the read they're gonna armor b3 is obviously the best option.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
32 is a special cancelable hard knockdown that leaves you in perfect range for all your stuff. This is basically a meterless midscreen vortex.

Also, this is a big deal, 32 into EX health buff is 100% safe on block, even to Reptile's EX Slide. I think it might be around -3 or -4.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok so I'm looking into more armor breaking stuff.

First of all, can anyone make b122 b122 32 consistent midscreen? I'm stuggling. Trying to find an alternate combo.

Anyways, if you EX punishment you can break ANY armor (except super armor) with b122/b3u1 njp b2 32 EX Punishment. Tested on reptile's slide and Lao's spin.

If you don't want to burn the bar you can use b122 njp b2 32 Punishment and d1 out of every wakeup but the window is FUCKING TIGHT since you have to be frame perfect on your down 1 AND hit 32 at the exact right height. However, anything slower than 9 frames will still get stuffed quite easely.

The gravity (and thus knockdown) on b3u1 njp b2 32 punishment is slightly different so you don't get as much advantage.

HOWEVER you can omit the b2 from the combos, lose about 2% damage (which kind of hurts since you're already gimping you damage for setup) and get a nice knockdown from both combos where you can meaty b3 to hit reptile's slide.

Bear in mind that no matter what, these combos into punishment OR Rise activation are safe from any armor and you can use it to bait wakeups and punish with b3. I use b3u1 b1 111 111 choke for 30%/39%/44% depending on if you have punishemnt active.

If you want to be safe-ish you can always do a meaty d1 and if they delay their WU go for b3 mixup (or a command throw or something). THe throw puts the out of the corner but deals a nice chunk of damage with buff on. Also don't forget b3d1. It's only -2 and they might not expect the OH AND if it hits you're still buffed up and can crush their next wakeup.

TL;DR

Use 32 EX Punishment in the corner to crush any armor

Use b122/b3u1 njp 32 Punishment in the corner to crush any armor

D1 check their wakeup to easely break all armor and if they delay go for b3 mixup or command grab or w/e.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem

First of all, can anyone make b122 b122 32 consistent midscreen? I'm stuggling. Trying to find an alternate combo.

Anyways, if you EX punishment you can break ANY armor (except super armor) with b122/b3u1 njp b2 32 EX Punishment. Tested on reptile's slide and Lao's spin.

If you don't want to burn the bar you can use b122 njp b2 32 Punishment and d1 out of every wakeup but the window is FUCKING TIGHT since you have to be frame perfect on your down 1 AND hit 32 at the exact right height. However, anything slower than 9 frames will still get stuffed quite easely.

The gravity (and thus knockdown) on b3u1 njp b2 32 punishment is slightly different so you don't get as much advantage.

HOWEVER you can omit the b2 from the combos, lose about 2% damage (which kind of hurts since you're already gimping you damage for setup) and get a nice knockdown from both combos where you can meaty b3 to hit reptile's slide.

Bear in mind that no matter what, these combos into punishment OR Rise activation are safe from any armor and you can use it to bait wakeups and punish with b3. I use b3u1 b1 111 111 choke for 30%/39%/44% depending on if you have punishemnt active.

If you want to be safe-ish you can always do a meaty d1 and if they delay their WU go for b3 mixup (or a command throw or something). THe throw puts the out of the corner but deals a nice chunk of damage with buff on. Also don't forget b3d1. It's only -2 and they might not expect the OH AND if it hits you're still buffed up and can crush their next wakeup.

TL;DR

Use 32 EX Punishment in the corner to crush any armor

Use b122/b3u1 njp 32 Punishment in the corner to crush any armor

D1 check their wakeup to easely break all armor and if they delay go for b3 mixup or command grab or w/e.
B122 B122 32 DD3 is actually really easy midscreen! You just have to make a tiny run cancel between each string, and it should work almost every time. The tricky part is landing the 32 high enough to give you enough advantage to meaty their wakeup if it's fast. A lot of times I'll just go for 32 into EX damage buff because it guarantees an easy meaty and it's worth it to spend that bar once you've gotten in because your next combo will hit HARD.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
B122 B122 32 DD3 is actually really easy midscreen! You just have to make a tiny run cancel between each string, and it should work almost every time. The tricky part is landing the 32 high enough to give you enough advantage to meaty their wakeup if it's fast. A lot of times I'll just go for 32 into EX damage buff because it guarantees an easy meaty and it's worth it to spend that bar once you've gotten in because your next combo will hit HARD.
Yeah I've been practicing it, getting it 8/10 times atm. It's not that useful for crushing WU cause you're in a weird spot where the b3 CAN whiff and more importantly, b3 1+3 can whiff as well. However, safe activation midscreen is definetly worth losing some damage over.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

I still use b122, b122, 111 OR b122, b122, b2. (The first is essentially by bnb) Against some characters, if I just want to activate rise and aren't overly concerned with how far away from me they land, I use b122, b122, 111, bf3 OR b122, b122, b12, bf3.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I still use b122, b122, 111 OR b122, b122, b2. (The first is essentially by bnb) Against some characters, if I just want to activate rise and aren't overly concerned with how far away from me they land, I use b122, b122, 111, bf3 OR b122, b122, b12, bf3.
Those aren't really safe though?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I will forever envy the badass spooky white glow from DD4. One of the coolest looking specials in the game.
Glad to see you guys finally given some real room to work with this patch.

Never sleep on Jason, because sleep is the cousin of death, and death presumably is the cousin of Jason, and you'll have a bunch of homicidal cousins clotheslining the shit out of you.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I will forever envy the badass spooky white glow from DD4. One of the coolest looking specials in the game.
Glad to see you guys finally given some real room to work with this patch.

Never sleep on Jason, because sleep is the cousin of death, and death presumably is the cousin of Jason, and you'll have a bunch of homicidal cousins clotheslining the shit out of you.
Rise is really good and less situational than punishment. When DON'T you need 5% health and free meter?!

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Those aren't really safe though?
b122, b122, 111 and b122, b122, b2 are, to my knowledge, both safe. (I have used both since day 1 Jason back in May)

Ending in bf3 is safe against many characters and isn't punished very often by the characters who can punish it.

FYI: 111 has 13 frames of hit advantage and 27 frames of cancel advantage and b2 has 53 frames of hit advantage and 24 frames of cancel advantage. Both easily make rise/corpse walk and punishment/rampant safe.

Last edited:
not sure if its been asked before but how does the armor breaking properties work for the DD3 ?

is it only MB DD3? and is only on the first hit?

thanks in advance

Parasurama

Dragon
not sure if its been asked before but how does the armor breaking properties work for the DD3 ?

is it only MB DD3? and is only on the first hit?

thanks in advance
Armor is the ability to take a a hit or more depending on the move, and it allows the person that armors to enforce their move even though they take the damage.
From what I have seen, when Jason has the damage buff, Jason's opponent cannot armor at all Jason just hits them, even Xrays (although I only saw him do it toScorpion's xray and it was glorious).

It is both DD3 and mb DD3. As long as you hit first, then they have no armor.

Yo i dont know how to make post on tym so ill just comment basically unstoppable jason if he hasnt resurrected yet doesnt die by noxious reptile stink gas as long as hes not standing still that means he can move run and you can combo reptile into a health combo and keep the match going if somebody wants to make a vid they can

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
so I've been ending my corner shit in b3u1 for a fast fall type thing. If I see them tech roll I'll gamble with another b3u1 to break the armour, but you can also just burn a bar for a command grab and that'll be wake-ups and destroy blocking and what not.

so I've been ending my corner shit in b3u1 for a fast fall type thing. If I see them tech roll I'll gamble with another b3u1 to break the armour, but you can also just burn a bar for a command grab and that'll be wake-ups and destroy blocking and what not.
I do bf3 as an ender, prob about the same - i think we both agree then that choke ender wastes too much buff time

As I've played jason more I found myself no doing b3u1 against wake ups as much but sticking to f3 or f44bf3

IF they block the f3 that's when I do b3u1 to try to catch them pressing buttons

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I do bf3 as an ender, prob about the same - i think we both agree then that choke ender wastes too much buff time

As I've played jason more I found myself no doing b3u1 against wake ups as much but sticking to f3 or f44bf3

IF they block the f3 that's when I do b3u1 to try to catch them pressing buttons
yeah choke is too final for me, I much prefer going for a set-up instead to try and get the most out of the buff. I abuse the shit out of f3 as well. Actually, I think you can do f3 after a b3u1 fast fall and if it whiffs because they delay the wake up you can just like d1 check. It's nutty.

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
Any advice for landing b1 tick throws on pad? Just having a hard time getting it to come out consistently.
I wish I could help you with this one, but I cant. Im in the same boat as you. Been playing Lord Jensen ever since he came out and I find this tick throw next to impossible. Even in practice mode I can land it MAYBE 1 or 2 if im lucky out of 10.

I do, however, utilize the hell out of all of his other many tick throws. Especially 24, D4, and B3 + T.

Any advice for landing b1 tick throws on pad? Just having a hard time getting it to come out consistently.
i had trouble with it too and it's still tricky but i'm a lot more consistent at it now - the only advice i can give is just keep practicing - when in practice mode make sure u are hitting all the inputs of the throw. i found what was giving me problems was that my back input wasn't registering so i focused on that.

eventually u just build up the muscle memory for it

Beckmann_2420

i had trouble with it too and it's still tricky but i'm a lot more consistent at it now - the only advice i can give is just keep practicing - when in practice mode make sure u are hitting all the inputs of the throw. i found what was giving me problems was that my back input wasn't registering so i focused on that.

eventually u just build up the muscle memory for it
Ive tried to practice it so much. Ive honestly given up on it. It makes me sad to think what my Jensen could be with that in my toolbag. The link in my opinion, is so fucking hard...

Beckmann_2420

Assuming you have negative edge, etc. off, try inputting it this way:. B1, db2f.

For whatever reason, holding forward at the end of db2f also makes it easier for me at times. I do it consistently with this method.
Excuse my ignorance, but wouldnt this execute his lake mist? His db2?

Excuse my ignorance, but wouldnt this execute his lake mist? His db2?
This thread is for unstoppable :-P

Lol but even in relentless, it should work if you enter it fast enough. Hard to explain but it works. Test it out when you get a chance. When I played on pad it was the shortcut I used for all dbf commands. If you still struggle with it, try rolling the db portion of the input.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Assuming you have negative edge, etc. off, try inputting it this way:. B1, db2f.

For whatever reason, holding forward at the end of db2f also makes it easier for me at times. I do it consistently with this method.
Huh. Gonna have to give that a shot. I suck at b1~dbf2. =(

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Have any of you played a really good Sektor? How do you catch him and punish him? Everything he has seems to out-prioritize Jason's b1. His string that ends with a backdash gets him out of trouble, his EX Flame can't be dealt with. Basically, he wins the neutral game, and he's able to keep you in the neutral game as long as he likes.