What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Unstoppable and Relentless new math 1.12 patch

Here are what numbers you will be looking at with Jason for the new patch.

Heal (D,D, 4.) Heals for 5% and builds almost exactly 1/3 of a bar of meter over the course of about 6 seconds.
EX heal (D,D, 4+block.) Heals for 9% and you spend a bar. Regular heal is more efficient but ex heal happens so fast you can launch someone, cast ex heal, and then link the combo with at least a d1 special in the corner now.

Damage buff (D,D, 3.) Gives you a 1.33% damage multiplier and now lasts for 7 seconds (up from 4.5 seconds)
EX Damage buff (D,D, 3+block.) Gives you a 1.5 damage multiplier and now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 4.5)

All block damage is appropriately increased.

The bug where Jason could throw someone for 27% has been taken out and now does 21% for a 1.5x throw.

Jason's Rez is untouched and all incomplete bars are fully wasted with no extra health gained.
  • Less than a bar rez with 5.5% health
  • 1 bar rez with 10.5%
  • 2 bars rez with 15.5% health
  • 3 bars rez with 25.5% health
Relentless damage passive changes. I tested 14% uppercut and our old 25% bnb combo.

100%-51% health = normal damage 14%=14% and 25%=25%.
50%-26% = 1.1 damage multiplier. 14%=15.4% and 25%=28%
25%-11% = 1.25 damage multiplier. 14%=17.5% and 25%=31%
10%-5% = 1.45 damage multiplier. 14%=20.3% and 25%=37%
4%-death = 1.75 damage multiplier. 14%=24.5% and 25%=44%

So now when Relentless is under 5% health he hits harder than Unstoppable Jason with his 1.5 damage multiplier when he calls out his damage buff. They used to be tied at both being 1.5x.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Well done! This is extremely useful. Heal building 1/3rd of a bar doesn't sound that great, getting the damage boost is likely the better option. EX heal giving 9% is also quite meh. Then again, it used to be worse.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Well done! This is extremely useful. Heal building 1/3rd of a bar doesn't sound that great, getting the damage boost is likely the better option. EX heal giving 9% is also quite meh. Then again, it used to be worse.
NRS tends to be very conservative with heal buffs. I have no issue with the regular heal only giving 5%, but ex-heal should absolutely give you more than 9%.

Currently, the way to play unstoppable is to abuse the damage buff. The armor-breaking properties along with the increased duration is just awesome.

DDutchguy

NRS tends to be very conservative with heal buffs. I have no issue with the regular heal only giving 5%, but ex-heal should absolutely give you more than 9%.

Currently, the way to play unstoppable is to abuse the damage buff. The armor-breaking properties along with the increased duration is just awesome.
Two times today did I hit someone out of their wakeup X-rays. It was glorious.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi guys I am new to Jason. I am unable to control the direction in which I throw someone with command throw it was said on steam that it would be possible. Besides b1 ex tick throw what other moves work on hit and block?

DDutchguy

Hi guys I am new to Jason. I am unable to control the direction in which I throw someone with command throw it was said on steam that it would be possible. Besides b1 ex tick throw what other moves work on hit and block?
Only EX dbf2 allows you to choose sides.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
So with unstoppable being able to break armor and the other buffs, is it better than relentless??

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
So with unstoppable being able to break armor and the other buffs, is it better than relentless??
Depends on the match up really if you think the teleport is worth taking. I personally don't play anything but relentless. I enjoy getting into my opponents head with either Pursuit or Teleport. Keeps them guessing and they usually just freeze.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Here are what numbers you will be looking at with Jason for the new patch.

Heal (D,D, 4.) Heals for 5% and builds almost exactly 1/3 of a bar of meter over the course of about 6 seconds.
EX heal (D,D, 4+block.) Heals for 9% and you spend a bar. Regular heal is more efficient but ex heal happens so fast you can launch someone, cast ex heal, and then link the combo with at least a d1 special in the corner now.

Damage buff (D,D, 3.) Gives you a 1.33% damage multiplier and now lasts for 7 seconds (up from 4.5 seconds)
EX Damage buff (D,D, 3+block.) Gives you a 1.5 damage multiplier and now lasts for 10 seconds (up from 4.5)

All block damage is appropriately increased.

The bug where Jason could throw someone for 27% has been taken out and now does 21% for a 1.5x throw.

Jason's Rez is untouched and all incomplete bars are fully wasted with no extra health gained.
  • 1 bar rez with 10.5%
Relentless damage passive changes. I tested 14% uppercut and our old 25% bnb combo.

100%-51% health = normal damage 14%=14% and 25%=25%.
50%-26% = 1.1 damage multiplier. 14%=15.4% and 25%=28%
25%-11% = 1.25 damage multiplier. 14%=17.5% and 25%=31%
10%-5% = 1.45 damage multiplier. 14%=20.3% and 25%=37%
4%-death = 1.75 damage multiplier. 14%=24.5% and 25%=44%

So now when Relentless is under 5% health he hits harder than Unstoppable Jason with his 1.5 damage multiplier when he calls out his damage buff. They used to be tied at both being 1.5x.
i wanted to ask ... did they nerf his DBF2 damage ? i remember it did 17% pre-patch ? now it does 13%

i wanted to ask ... did they nerf his DBF2 damage ? i remember it did 17% pre-patch ? now it does 13%
It would do 17% with the damage buff on from Unstoppable or under 25% health in Relentless. As far as I remember it has always been 13% and back breaker has been 14%.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

*looks at Sun God and Blood God*

hmm

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
  • 1 bar rez with 10.5%
I'd prefer it if NRS just did the Rez per percentage of meter rather than per bar.
Like if 3 bars = 100% then who cares about how many bars your spending. Lets focus on how much meter you're spending, percentage wise.
25.5/100 = 0.26 (rounded up) life gained back per percent of meter.

But like, maybe add a minimum cap. So the minimal amount of health you can get back is 5.5%. Which I think is around 20% of a bar. So at 20% or less of a bar of meter, you always get 5.5% of health back.

I don't see the problem with this, anyone else see it?

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
It would do 17% with the damage buff on from Unstoppable or under 25% health in Relentless. As far as I remember it has always been 13% and back breaker has been 14%.

i checked an old video to make sure. it did 13% after all. i mained jason and i thought it did 17% for some reason :D. i didn't know what i was thinking

I'd prefer it if NRS just did the Rez per percentage of meter rather than per bar.
Like if 3 bars = 100% then who cares about how many bars your spending. Lets focus on how much meter you're spending, percentage wise.
25.5/100 = 0.26 (rounded up) life gained back per percent of meter.

But like, maybe add a minimum cap. So the minimal amount of health you can get back is 5.5%. Which I think is around 20% of a bar. So at 20% or less of a bar of meter, you always get 5.5% of health back.

I don't see the problem with this, anyone else see it?
Yes this would be the best way to handle it, but it now looks like NRS is not gonna budge. When I work on breaker efficiency of bar use soon I will probably find that using breaker is almost always the right choice over rez, but we will see.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I don't see the problem with this, anyone else see it?[/QUO TE]
The only problem may be that the resource system simply isn't currently designed to spend and measure percentages of a meter. I bet the devs would have to do some tinkering with the whole system just for this one specific variation.

Not likely something they'd mess around with, even though I don't imagine it would be difficult from a programming perspective, it's one of those things that can cause any number of unintended bugs even with other characters.

The question is whether it's a big enough deal to NRS that they will even bother. On the other hand, it's not like they haven't solved smaller issues with more work in the past. They've added new moves to some characters etc...

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
When I work on breaker efficiency of bar use soon I will probably find that using breaker is almost always the right choice over rez, but we will see.
To my knowledge, Breaker is the most efficient use of meter the huge majority of the time assuming you do it early enough in a big combo, and assuming your opponent actually can perform big combos to begin with.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The only problem may be that the resource system simply isn't currently designed to spend and measure percentages of a meter. I bet the devs would have to do some tinkering with the whole system just for this one specific variation.

Not likely something they'd mess around with, even though I don't imagine it would be difficult from a programming perspective, it's one of those things that can cause any number of unintended bugs even with other characters.

The question is whether it's a big enough deal to NRS that they will even bother. On the other hand, it's not like they haven't solved smaller issues with more work in the past. They've added new moves to some characters etc...
Maybe. That's 100% assumption.
I'm just saying the system I suggested is better lol.

Skedar70

Noob

I play him differently and it works. With normal heal giving him meter it allows him to resurrect with more life plus it gives him health making him really hard to kill. My opponents usually don't wake up or use armor when they see me go for the the damage buff. I usually prefer to go for rise instead of punishment.

Skedar70

Noob
On a side note. Since the b122 string has been changed it it mostly no longer requires a run I found that this is inconsistent on some characters, mainly Goro. Something about his float after the hit causes me to miss the second b122 if I don't run and then I get whiff punished with wakeup. So with Goro I feel like I have to run or else I am risking missing my combo.

Parasurama

Dragon
On a side note. Since the b122 string has been changed it it mostly no longer requires a run I found that this is inconsistent on some characters, mainly Goro. Something about his float after the hit causes me to miss the second b122 if I don't run and then I get whiff punished with wakeup. So with Goro I feel like I have to run or else I am risking missing my combo.[/QUOTE
I just started and I find the b122 inconsistent. Should I always used the run cancel? How does unstoppable deal with zoners? ex temple punch or patience?
Relentless has the teleport and slasher can counter zone.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I play him differently and it works. With normal heal giving him meter it allows him to resurrect with more life plus it gives him health making him really hard to kill. My opponents usually don't wake up or use armor when they see me go for the the damage buff. I usually prefer to go for rise instead of punishment.
I'm coming around to rise and ex-rise more and more. I have always used rise, my beef was more with corpse walk. And, I'm starting to use that more as well. But, as to your point about opponents not waking up or using armor with punishment active: Command grab those fools. Jason's command grabs are deadly with punishment active.

Skedar70

Noob
I just started and I find the b122 inconsistent. Should I always used the run cancel? How does unstoppable deal with zoners? ex temple punch or patience?
A combination of both. Use your rise to gain health and meter for an ex temple punch. Duck projectiles while you gain health and regain the life lead. IF they dont come at you keep healing and let the timer run off.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
You should know right off the bat that unstoppable is Jason's weakest variation against zoners. Having said that, you basically want to use rise to negate chip and duck projectiles, punishing over-zealousness with ex-temple punch when you can.