What's new

Unsafe thread!

fireborg

Noob
Hey all,

how about a thread with must punish moves by all the characters?

here are a couple of first ones:

you should be basically able to punish these moves with your quick normal 4 sure

ATRO

F223

F221+3

Blood – nado

ADAM

D3

B12

Black magic

CANARY

F133

Canary Drop (tested with Ivy's S1 )

Scisors kick

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
At this point in th game’s lifetime, most people already know what to punish. Flash’s lightning kick (hard to do though), Supergirl’s staggered breath, Superman’s divebomb, Batman’s slide, etc. etc.

Most good players don’t give you the chance to get raw punishes like this though. They play a lot more safely so whiff punishing ends up being more important than punishing a dude doing unsafe stuff for no reason.

fireborg

Noob
At this point in th game’s lifetime, most people already know what to punish. Flash’s lightning kick (hard to do though), Supergirl’s staggered breath, Superman’s divebomb, Batman’s slide, etc. etc.

Most good players don’t give you the chance to get raw punishes like this though. They play a lot more safely so whiff punishing ends up being more important than punishing a dude doing unsafe stuff for no reason.
yeah 4 sure, started the game late, so I need to catch up with stuff :) but you know sometimes you can punish with a full combo even from a poke, like with Firestorm so maybe a list of unsafe strings, special moves would not be so bad?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Might be more helpful for people to contribute things that their character gets away with for no reason, like for example, with Adam:

People getting mixed by low lightning canceled after 22, 11, or f12
People holding block after a non-MB dive kick on hit.

fireborg

Noob
Might be more helpful for people to contribute things that their character gets away with for no reason, like for example, with Adam:

People getting mixed by low lightning canceled after 22, 11, or f12
People holding block after a non-MB dive kick on hit.
good tip man, actually used it toady (not blocking after a non-MB dive kick on hit )

what goes for Firestorm i cant honestly think of much that is a gimmick, his projectile stunt (without EX) is super low, but noone ever is going 2 pressure like, what a lot people online defo do not do is punish the molten trap and fusion charge (-11 and -16)

in general i think a lot of people do not go for offense after blocking a jumping attack, which leaves with negative frames all the time

fireborg

Noob
here are a couple of first ones

(will add more overtime)

you should be basically able to punish these moves with your quick normal 4 sure

ATRO

F223

F221+3

Blood – nado

ADAM

D3

B12

Black magic

CANARY

F133

Canary Drop (tested with Ivy's S1 )

Scisors kick