What's new

Unofficial #SummitOfTime Voting!

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Hey all,

as you may or may not know, the #SummitOfTime was announced yesterday. Here is the promo if you've missed it - https://twitter.com/BeyondTheSummit/status/1096501516754538496

With that being said, word on the street is that the first 10 players were already invited, all behind closed doors for now. 6 Players will be voted in, allegedly. So no qualification needed.

I've created a poll to see what YOU think. The NRS community.

https://goo.gl/forms/5Ou74GPXzwXT9VAf1

With invitationals like these, opinions differ a lot. Some people think only results should matter, others think known personalities should be in. And then there's the "Non NRS players shouldn't be invited" debate of course.

So, please let me know your thoughts on this. I think the #SummitOfTime could be a huge opportunity for the players.

Thanks for your time!

Peace!

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
I def think non-NRS should be invited but only if they have at least a few appearances on the scene before the Summit. if they just showed up randomly (unless they got voted in heavily or something) it would be weird IMO.

And I think Yipes, Tasty Steve, and Matrix should call nearly every game if they could lol, especially since the Summit's are usually really fun events.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Damn! That logo is fire!

Never thought I could get so amazed by such a simple thing, but damn that's a nice ass logo!

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I'm hoping for a good mixture between current top players and some "older" greats. It would be great to see someone like DJT in the mix for example.

As for non NRS players, I'd say no. Not only because the NRS players (arguably) deserve it more, but also just for the purpose of seeing the most hype matches and brackets possible. This is likely going to happen shortly after release. And I just don't see someone who doesn't have a history with NRS games stand up to Sonicfox, Rewind, Scar or whoever. They may after some time with the game, but so early I'd hope to see mostly NRS players.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Not that this would be my preference, but I'm surprised there aren't MORE players invited from outside the community. This is a marketing event for the game, they want to get other community bases looking at the game besides ours.

With that logic though DJT and Tyrant make no sense.

Bummer if KP isn't commentating, but if there's 1 beloved NRS commentator and 1 from outside the scene, then its not a big deal.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Summit is all about marketing and advertising. Its not a merit based thing at all. If you ain't deemed marketable or popular you just ain't gonna get in period.

That said if theres a voting thing you should vote for me cause im da best :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I'd really like to be a part of this. Hopefully, for the sake of everyone who would really like a chance at being voted in, that the voting will take place after everyone has had an opportunity to prove what they can do in this game.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Like @Evil Canadian mentioned, Summit is literally used to market the games they are showcasing for the most part.

I honestly think bringing in people like Chris G is super beneficial to the game in the long run.

I hate what Tweedy is doing on Twitter tbh. It not only is making the NRS scene look non-inclusive, but it's just flat out not good for the longevity of the game to not use this opportunity to create more POSITIVE press by including high-caliber players from other fighting game scenes who are heavily interested in playing the game too. They bring their fans with them to OUR scene.

It's a controversial subject for sure, but imo sometimes you have to break a few egos for the greater good long-term. If some NRS players don't understand that, it's almost selfish in my eyes.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Summit is all about marketing and advertising. Its not a merit based thing at all. If you ain't deemed marketable or popular you just ain't gonna get in period.
As far as that goes, I'm really surprised Honeybee isn't in. Out of the active NRS top players, he's the most successful one on youtube and like 2nd on Twitter behind Sonic. I don't mind the non NRS guys because I understand what they're going for with the line up, but I'd have thought he is a perfect fit.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You should all vote for me.

I'm already running for President next year. It would be good for business to have a W under my belt beforehand.

Either way, this is gonna be fun to watch.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Like @Evil Canadian mentioned, Summit is literally used to market the games they are showcasing for the most part.

I honestly think bringing in people like Chris G is super beneficial to the game in the long run.

I hate what Tweedy is doing on Twitter tbh. It not only is making the NRS scene look non-inclusive, but it's just flat out not good for the longevity of the game to not use this opportunity to create more POSITIVE press by including high-caliber players from other fighting game scenes who are heavily interested in playing the game too. They bring their fans with them to OUR scene.

It's a controversial subject for sure, but imo sometimes you have to break a few egos for the greater good long-term. If some NRS players don't understand that, it's almost selfish in my eyes.
Fully agree. I understand Tweedy's dissapointment, and also agree with some of his factual arguments. But this is a terrible way to voice his opinion in public. Doesn't show the NRS scene and himself in a positive light. And that he's seeing himself as the ultimate anti-hero doesn't help either.

Where I agree with him:

- It's strange to not include Rewind. That's not saying X or Y doesn't deserve it, but the current EVO champion arguably deserves a spot.

- It would've been nice to at least have one qualifier spot as a chance for players who aren't so popular but still great players. So everyone who feels like Tweedy could at least have a chance to prove they deserve to be in. Having 4-5 places for voting and 1-2 qualifiers would've been perfect imo.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I would like to see UltraDavid and Aris on commentary. They are great commentators.
Commentary is always difficult because there are so many good ones. At the moment, I kinda want K&M to get every gig because of the great work they're doing with MK11 content. But the other two are great as well.

Not that this would be my preference, but I'm surprised there aren't MORE players invited from outside the community. This is a marketing event for the game, they want to get other community bases looking at the game besides ours.

With that logic though DJT and Tyrant make no sense.

Bummer if KP isn't commentating, but if there's 1 beloved NRS commentator and 1 from outside the scene, then its not a big deal.
I'm new to the scene and don't know who KP is. Who is he?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Thanks for the quick reply. I definitely know who kitana prime is for sure. Isn't he running Viennality? I just didn't recognize the abbreviation
I don't think that he runs it. I don't know for certain, but Vienallity takes place in Austria, Europe, and KP is from America. So likely it's run by locals. But he competet there last year and got into the MKX top 8, it's not unlikely that he commented as well.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
6 players?

1. SonicFox as the guy to beat.
2. Rewind for some good ass Grand Finals against SonicFox.
3. Tweedy for the beef and salt and zoning with mah boi Noob Saibot.
4. Tom Brady because I'm a fanboi and to see JUST HOW MUCH IS THE CHARACTER!
5. Chris G to see how well he would do and to get more Marvel guys to watch the tournament.
6. Perfect Legend for the PL VS Tweedy Twitter Drama match we need, but don't deserve.

Edit to avoid duplicates:

NinjaKilla to see what's behind the legend that is NinjaKilla really.
Whoever mains Smoke / Noob Saibot / Rain, so that I can start learning.

Last edited:
6 players?

1. SonicFox as the guy to beat.
2. Rewind for some good ass Grand Finals against Rewind.
3. Tweedy for the beef and salt and zoning with mah boi Noob Saibot.
4. Tom Brady because I'm a fanboi and to see JUST HOW MUCH IS THE CHARACTER!
5. Chris G to see how well he would do and to get more Marvel guys to watch the tournament.
6. Perfect Legend for the PL VS Tweedy Twitter Drama match we need, but don't deserve.
16 players. 10 already got invited. SonicFox and Chris G are part of the 10 that got invited. So you got 2 more players to vote for :)

haketh

Noob
1. LI Joe
2. Reo
3. Rewind
4. Honeybee
5. Biohazard
6. Perfect Legend

Decided to mix in people that are good at MK, have interesting storylines, or are great personalities

This is also assuming K&M and Tom Brady are commentating it

1. LI Joe
2. Reo
3. Rewind
4. Honeybee
5. Biohazard
6. Perfect Legend

Decided to mix in people that are good at MK, have interesting storylines, or are great personalities

This is also assuming K&M and Tom Brady are commentating it
You want people that are good at MK or with interesting storylines but you dont put Tweedy on your list. He is like the villian of the story lol