What's new

Unlocks: Taunts and brutalities not in the game yet or broken? annoying

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
So the next season has started and again not the Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn Brutality?

Its super annoying not to know if you can unlock stuff or if you have to wait for a future KL/tower event?
I grinded (almost) all the towers and I still miss some unlocks.
(Taunts and brutals are the most fun to unlock)

Someone has more than these unlocks?
If someone has more than me, at least know, I must have missed one taunt, I guess.

(To find under kosmetics - Finisher XX/XX)
Shang Tsung 21/23 (I know there is a backthrow and a fireskull brutal missing)
Shao Kahn 22/25 (I know his f4 kick is one but still 2 left?)
Frost 22/25
Nightwolf 23/24
Sonja 24/25
Jax 24/25
Noob 23/25
Raiden 23/26
Sub Zero 23/25
Liu Kang 23/24
Kung Lao 24/25
Jade 24/25
RoboCop 24/25
D'Vorah 24/25
Kotal Kahn 23/25
Sheeva 24/25
Geras 23/25
Cetrion 24/25

(If not mentioned I got them all, or I didn't end the specific fighter towers - only 5 of 37 are missing)
When I play the "new" test your luck tower and I play against a specific fighter I miss stuff, I only get the consumable to summon the specific fighter, a hint you got all

I wished if you can't unlock it at all, it would not show a "missing" entries, so as a player you know you got all you can till this moment.

I know I miss lots of artwork pictures and I feel like they are broken, what if there are also "broken" taunts you can't unlock?
A real hell for completionists ... :laughing:

Art Lean

Noob
Only one of those do I own more than you (and indeed, completed) is Sheeva, no idea where I got the remaining one from though (if it helps it's comprised of 11 brutalities, 10 taunts and obviously 3 fatalities, 1 friendship).

For your reference, these are my counts from the ones on your list and with most of these I still haven't completed the character towers for so know some of them will just be found there:

Shang Tsung 21/23 - same (character towers completed)
Shao Kahn 22/25 - got 21
Frost 22/25 - got 21
Nightwolf 23/24 - got 22
Sonja 24/25 - same (character towers completed)
Jax 24/25 - got 22
Noob 23/25 - got 22
Raiden 23/26 - got 21
Sub Zero 23/25 - same (character towers completed)
Liu Kang 23/24 - got 22
Kung Lao 24/25 - got 23
Jade 24/25 - same (character towers completed)
RoboCop 24/25 - got 20
D'Vorah 24/25 - got 22
Kotal Kahn 23/25 - got 18
Sheeva 24/25 - all 25 (character towers completed)
Geras 23/25 - got 19
Cetrion 24/25 - got 22

Ashesfall

Thanks for the infos
I actually miss a brutality for sheeva, her tremor stomp move
(I looked it up while you said you have 11, as I only have 10)

I will grind out the next days some brutal towers with her and hope to get it.
(edit: with sheeva its so easy, the CPU can't handle her D,U (STOMP) move at all, spam it after it hits and you always hit. With her red brutality stone (8%) easy win all the time. Even the CPU knows how FUCK UP this move is ...)
---
Most (if not all) taunts and brutals for the "vanilla" fighters, can also be unlocked without playing their towers by the way - just brutal towers/test your luck towers. For DLC, it looks like some are hard-locked to their towers.
---
I am on PC, don't know if this matters, but I could see QLOC missed stuff to implement.

Last edited:

Ashesfall

So I tried really hard to unlock sheevas tremor brutal and I finally give up
  • all her 6 towers done
  • about 20+ brutal towers (where you can see you have a chance to unlock a brutal)
  • in the towers of luck against sheeva, I just get her summon but nothing else
  • I played all KL at least till champion and all 6 tasks
final verdict for these games unlock system: broken and not fun/frustrating
(edit: I have over 10k crystals and every item in the store, I already own, I wish I could buy what I want.)

Man I really hope NRS/QLOC besides balance patches and DLC, they might adjust this topic too ...

Last edited:

Ashesfall

So I tried really hard to unlock sheevas tremor brutal and I finally give up
OMG, I found the brutal, it's in a tower platform (bottom right), I guess this one is hard locked to this tower.
Man I am so happy to finally get it :D
(Took me so much effort in trying to get it. This games unlock system, knows how to frustrate ...
I am still mad that I miss 3 unlocks for my main Shao Kahn ... end round taunts are cool.
Still hope he has a taunt saying, "Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn!" or "You will die, mortal!" he needs these lines.)

kantboy-2

Ripper
Every character is supposed to have 11 brutalities and 10 taunts at least.

The way they've barricaded them to force continual grinding and player retention is super annoying.

Shame on them; but at least they can show the analitics to the VP's of player explotation/conditioning and get high marks on evaluation day.