What's new

Unlocking and Source crystals

omooba

fear the moobs
Can someone please explain how these work. like in terms of getting character skins do i have to pay for these or is there another consistent way. i think you can by leveling up but that seems very limited

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
WB wants that Microtransaction money. Only other way for source crystals is the pitiful 200 for leveling its kind of disgusting.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Completing all Tutorials -> 500 Source crystals
Customize a character with 5 Rare pieces -> 1000 source crystals
Customize a character with 5 Epic pieces -> 1500 Source crystals

These are the only I can think of Right now. After that you have to Level up which is bs considering How Many you Need to get one shader.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I agree with ya OP. Source crystals is hard to come by. And I find only charging money for some colors to be scummy.

These are the only I can think of Right now. After that you have to Level up which is bs considering How Many you Need to get one shader.
I think I got some for completing story mode too.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

Is that per character or only one time for the first character?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I don't mind paying actual money but at least let me choose which chars I wanna buy gear for.

I'm glad they went this way with source crystals. Micro transactions are too big an aspect of a game company's revenue stream for them to ignore them completely and they were going to fit them into the game somehow. The way that they chose has no effect on gameplay, so you can't buy yourself a superior character, but it's prevalent enough in the game they're not going to be tempted to shoehorn them into something else.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
well in that case i'm really disappointed in nrs
This was my biggest disappointment with the game besides lack of Doomsday.
I've been waiting for an MK/NRS game to have that KI kind of multicolored pallet, and they finally do it, but it's a for profit scheme. Kill the umpire. Booooo.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
For what, getting to Level 20? That's it?

That's insane.
No, it's not the character level you need to level up, but your profile level. Of course at first you're gonna get the 200 bonuses pretty fast, but once you reach level 40 or so it's gonna be very slow to level up your profile level to get the 200 crystals bonus.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Well the other method is to grind out loot boxes, I haven't used source crystals on anything other than premium shaders and I'm only missing 2. All the regular color shaders i got in loot boxes and i have a few for each character and I don't play nearly as much as most people.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Well the other method is to grind out loot boxes, I haven't used source crystals on anything other than premium shaders and I'm only missing 2. All the regular color shaders i got in loot boxes and i have a few for each character and I don't play nearly as much as most people.
Man you got some luck.

This was my biggest disappointment with the game besides lack of Doomsday.
I've been waiting for an MK/NRS game to have that KI kind of multicolored pallet, and they finally do it, but it's a for profit scheme. Kill the umpire. Booooo.
WB not trying to suck their customer dry lol it will never happen

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
No, it's not the character level you need to level up, but your profile level. Of course at first you're gonna get the 200 bonuses pretty fast, but once you reach level 40 or so it's gonna be very slow to level up your profile level to get the 200 crystals bonus.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Okay. That makes a little more sense.
But they don't even multiply as you get higher?
Even the bonus multipliers in Injustice 1 got higher over time.

WB not trying to suck their customer dry lol it will never happen
Dude, you are not kidding. #PrayingForSpawn #OhTheIrony

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Okay. That makes a little more sense.
But they don't even multiply as you get higher?
Even the bonus multipliers in Injustice 1 got higher over time.

Dude, you are not kidding. #PrayingForSpawn #OhTheIrony
What they are doing to Shadow of war shows that we are super lucky to only have gotten the source crystals

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
You can get 1,000 Source Crystals without paying by completing the 3rd Guild Multiverse, but it requires teamwork and time.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
It's actually not possible to get every regular shader without using source crystals. Each character besides Superman has one shader&alternate that does not drop normally and must be purchased. For Black Canary, for example, it's Siu Jerk Jai and Siu Jerk Jai (Alternate).

Source crystals are lame, but given that they could have made EXPONENTIALLY more money by doing an Overwatch style pay-for-loot-boxes situation and chose not to, I think we should cut them a break here.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
It's actually not possible to get every regular shader without using source crystals. Each character besides Superman has one shader&alternate that does not drop normally and must be purchased. For Black Canary, for example, it's Siu Jerk Jai and Siu Jerk Jai (Alternate).
Is this confirmed within the game itself?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Is this confirmed within the game itself?
Nope. But it's true, I assure you. I've opened thousands and thousands of boxes. Every character but Superman has one shader and its alternate locked for source crystal purchase only.

Cheetah is an exception, actually, as I believe you can get Bloodthirsty just not Bloodthirsty (Alternate).

The Injustice subreddit backs up my observations.

Off the top of my head, others include Gotham City Siren & Alternate (Ivy), Kleptomania & Alternate (Catwoman), Joker's Moll & Alternate (Harley Quinn), Kid Flash & Alternate (Flash), Flashpoint Princess & Alternate (Wonder Woman), Orm's Vengeance & Alternate (Aquaman), Lost Girl & Alternate (Supergirl)... there's one for everybody.