What's new

Universal OS? (Concept video)

MK11's Blocking OS
This OS will out right beat or counter your opponent's defensive options in one form or another. The input itself is fairly simple; :d:blk + whatever special or command normal you want to come out in a neutral state, I'll explain the reason later. This OS covers 4 options:

1. Teching Back & Front Throws
  2. Getup Attacks
  3. Getup Rolls
  4. Blocking
Throws
Most of time back throw will be use against you, so it is in your best interest to make sure your special or command normal input includes 1/3. If your opponent is catching on to what you are doing and starting to front throw you instead; use 2/4 accordingly .

Getup Attacks
When it comes to the timing of this OS your best bet is to time it to there getup attacks. Why? Because the start-up is much faster then the throw and getup rolls

Getup Rolls
This is where the special and command normal input comes in to play. In the video down below I use Scorpion as one of the example. Scorpion's OS input is :d:blk + :r:fk, if the opponent forward roll, Teleport will come out and if they decides to back roll the F3 comes out; Both will punish these options.

Blocking
One of the glaring issues with this OS is that if YOUR opponent decide to just block on there wake-up, the OS will still come out, because you are in a neutral state. So when choosing the right input for this OS make sure the special or command normal is safe or safe-ish

Here is a visual representation of this OS, hope you enjoy!

1.As you might of seen in the video, Rayden's OS is special because he can actually Flawless Block U3 to punish the getup attacks
2. Most getup attacks that are Flawless block becomes F.C.P because 4 to 5 Frames are add to the attack
3.Because some KBs are active off a punish, this OS becomes very strong; here's an example

Impression
My thoughts on this OS, is that it is very strong when using the right inputs for it. Strong chars will get stronger and the weaker ones will get a somewhat level playing field. I don't see this OS being remove for quite some time, because it would require NRS to rework somethings, but I could be wrong.

If you have any question or having trouble getting this OS to work for your char, don't hesitate to tag me in this thread or PM'd me

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

@LawAbidingCitizen

Jax's OS input is :d:blk + F3
If they forward roll B3 comes out and since there's a string connected to that command normal you can just finish the string and put them back in the corner, unfortunately F3 can't punish back roll.

I was going to do a Kollector video but B12 kill any motivation I had to make a video.

So sorry...
I was testing OS options against Kotal and his DBlk+F3 didn't seem to beat the U3 -- would try to output the kick instead of the block and get hit instead. I might've been messing up the input though, I'll mess with it again tonight.

Nice, now I’m trying to think of other characters with good 1,2 and 2,1 strings, which I think is most characters.
I'm not at home to test it, but I know you've been trying out D'vorah, so there may be a way to combine this in the corner with strep setups to make her 21222 launch. You'll still be very susceptible to d2 KB's on wakeup, but there's potential.

I know you can definitely make 21222 launch. I just don't know if you can and still do this OS at the same time.

121+3 would probably get you a full combo with an amp strep setup. F22 would just become 2. Might be able to make d, block f1 become db1 to punish forward rolls, but I don't know if it's fast enough to punish.

I hate not being home to test these.

I was testing OS options against Kotal and his DBlk+F3 didn't seem to beat the U3 -- would try to output the kick instead of the block and get hit instead. I might've been messing up the input though, I'll mess with it again tonight.
I might have mentioned this in the OP I'm not too sure but I'll just repeat it again; all getup attacks across the board are much faster in start-up than the other getup options. Time them to that and you should be able to block them

Yah man, just make sure you set to auto block on recovery. The jade one did not punish forward roll as well. Pretty sure the raiden tele can also be punish since it looks like they recover before he does. But still looks useful nonetheless. I have something for noob Saibot that works like this as well but isn’t an os. Just punishes every wakeup option
What do you use for Noob? Reading this thread, I'm thinking the 212 string would be easy to hit confirm using this OS.

This def ain't working for me.
I can not tech both directions doing this tech.
Using Noob, I'm D-blocking then a quick 21. It's helping me punish some WUs and tech one direction (the towards)

This def ain't working for me.
I can not tech both directions doing this tech.
Using Noob, I'm D-blocking then a quick 21. It's helping me punish some WUs and tech one direction (the towards)
Unfortunate that's one of the drawbacks of this OS, you have choose between teching forward or backwards.