What's new

Universal OS? (Concept video)

MK11's Blocking OS
This OS will out right beat or counter your opponent's defensive options in one form or another. The input itself is fairly simple; :d:blk + whatever special or command normal you want to come out in a neutral state, I'll explain the reason later. This OS covers 4 options:

1. Teching Back & Front Throws
  2. Getup Attacks
  3. Getup Rolls
  4. Blocking
Throws
Most of time back throw will be use against you, so it is in your best interest to make sure your special or command normal input includes 1/3. If your opponent is catching on to what you are doing and starting to front throw you instead; use 2/4 accordingly .

Getup Attacks
When it comes to the timing of this OS your best bet is to time it to there getup attacks. Why? Because the start-up is much faster then the throw and getup rolls

Getup Rolls
This is where the special and command normal input comes in to play. In the video down below I use Scorpion as one of the example. Scorpion's OS input is :d:blk + :r:fk, if the opponent forward roll, Teleport will come out and if they decides to back roll the F3 comes out; Both will punish these options.

Blocking
One of the glaring issues with this OS is that if YOUR opponent decide to just block on there wake-up, the OS will still come out, because you are in a neutral state. So when choosing the right input for this OS make sure the special or command normal is safe or safe-ish

Here is a visual representation of this OS, hope you enjoy!

1.As you might of seen in the video, Rayden's OS is special because he can actually Flawless Block U3 to punish the getup attacks
2. Most getup attacks that are Flawless block becomes F.C.P because 4 to 5 Frames are add to the attack
3.Because some KBs are active off a punish, this OS becomes very strong; here's an example

Impression
My thoughts on this OS, is that it is very strong when using the right inputs for it. Strong chars will get stronger and the weaker ones will get a somewhat level playing field. I don't see this OS being remove for quite some time, because it would require NRS to rework somethings, but I could be wrong.

If you have any question or having trouble getting this OS to work for your char, don't hesitate to tag me in this thread or PM'd me

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Sorry for the late respone to the both of you...

Just out of curiosity, why do you have to press d block.
And why do you have to use special moves.

I just tap block then do whatever string etc. Maybe there is something different going on.
1. I find this OS messing around with Rayden one day and the input was d+block, U3. If you flawless block an attack you will get the U3 punish, if they do nothing you get the teleport. It just so happens because of that, the "d+block" just stuck with me. I don't think you have to do the d+block to get OS to come out, but you just gonna have to lab it to find out.

2. Just like Option shown with his vids in this thread, you can do full strings that are special cancellable if you want, what I was doing was just showing what was possible at the time.

Also forget you had a account on TYM lol

what makes it easy for raiden to flawless block the getup attacks?
Its just because of the input I use for his OS ; d+block & U3...2 things happens.

1. I flawless block there getup attack or any attack for that matter and finish the OS input to get U3 or...

2. They do anything else, the teleport will come out. (getup rolls or throw)

Yeah I just tap block n throw a lot and people think I'm some sort of Jedi vs their wakups etc. Lol. But like I said in the Nerf wake ups thread. Blocking beats all the options pretty much once you train your eye to the animations and timing.

Everyone should put training on random wake up and do this for 30 minutes a day till they get it working in matches.

Used this in San Antonio's last weekly yesterday and this was amazing.

As an Erron Black player I use 2,1. this is so that it breaks both throws and I can hit confirm into his 2121 rifle stance combos

If they block they gotta hold the 21212

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I couldn’t find much with Skarlet. Pretty much just f4,3 and a lot of the time it would whiff and I wasn’t actually punishing. Is there something I’m missing?

Just use throw if you can't find one and combine the input with whatever throw break you want to protect. This is universal for the cast.

So block on wake up action. Throw piano 2 or 1. So you will throw the rolls, throw on regular wake up, or block their wake ups. This gets blown up by delay or neutral duck so adjust accordingly.

As an Erron Black player I use 2,1. this is so that it breaks both throws and I can hit confirm into his 2121 rifle stance combos

Yo! That's OD. . .I like it lol

@SHAOLIN
Can you post a video of Kollector and Jaxs Universal OS for WU options? I'm having a hard time with kollector since he has so much recovery after B4 and DB3 and jax just has weird special move buttons.
Hopefully you have tech for them, maybe I'm late on OS timing?

45% combos with no gaps :coffee:
i mean for OS, lol, what can he do? anything? maybe forward 1? it doesnt stop everything but, at least if they roll i get b1.

but thats only off of krushing blow tho. lol, otherwise his damage is pretty low, at least in tourney variations.

Jax doesn't have a good option for it.
I just found one, its not an OS but it beats every wakeup option.
Backdash into B2(hold) if you hit it KB and nets you 38℅ heat missles and 45℅ From Quad Grab KB ended

B2(hold) , Forward Dash, D12, D12 xx BF3,4/DBF1 (38%-45%)

Last edited:
@LawAbidingCitizen

Jax's OS input is :d:blk + F3
If they forward roll B3 comes out and since there's a string connected to that command normal you can just finish the string and put them back in the corner, unfortunately F3 can't punish back roll.

I was going to do a Kollector video but B12 kill any motivation I had to make a video.

So sorry...
Thanks for showing me the jax one. My bro was requesting the Kollector one. I'll try to figure out collectors for him.
I'll try to upload the jax one I made. Its not an OS but it beats every option.
Jaxs back dash B2(hold) does krushing blow and beats U2, U3, F roll, B roll, getup throw, safe on block.

Nice, now I’m trying to think of other characters with good 1,2 and 2,1 strings, which I think is most characters.

How are you able to beat all Throw options pressing 12 or 21?
Doesn't it register as failed when you press one then the other or both?
I tried doing this and just kept getting escape failed text on screen.
Can you post a video of it or give me some tips?