What's new

Universal OS? (Concept video)

MK11's Blocking OS
This OS will out right beat or counter your opponent's defensive options in one form or another. The input itself is fairly simple; :d:blk + whatever special or command normal you want to come out in a neutral state, I'll explain the reason later. This OS covers 4 options:

1. Teching Back & Front Throws
  2. Getup Attacks
  3. Getup Rolls
  4. Blocking
Throws
Most of time back throw will be use against you, so it is in your best interest to make sure your special or command normal input includes 1/3. If your opponent is catching on to what you are doing and starting to front throw you instead; use 2/4 accordingly .

Getup Attacks
When it comes to the timing of this OS your best bet is to time it to there getup attacks. Why? Because the start-up is much faster then the throw and getup rolls

Getup Rolls
This is where the special and command normal input comes in to play. In the video down below I use Scorpion as one of the example. Scorpion's OS input is :d:blk + :r:fk, if the opponent forward roll, Teleport will come out and if they decides to back roll the F3 comes out; Both will punish these options.

Blocking
One of the glaring issues with this OS is that if YOUR opponent decide to just block on there wake-up, the OS will still come out, because you are in a neutral state. So when choosing the right input for this OS make sure the special or command normal is safe or safe-ish

Here is a visual representation of this OS, hope you enjoy!

1.As you might of seen in the video, Rayden's OS is special because he can actually Flawless Block U3 to punish the getup attacks
2. Most getup attacks that are Flawless block becomes F.C.P because 4 to 5 Frames are add to the attack
3.Because some KBs are active off a punish, this OS becomes very strong; here's an example

Impression
My thoughts on this OS, is that it is very strong when using the right inputs for it. Strong chars will get stronger and the weaker ones will get a somewhat level playing field. I don't see this OS being remove for quite some time, because it would require NRS to rework somethings, but I could be wrong.

If you have any question or having trouble getting this OS to work for your char, don't hesitate to tag me in this thread or PM'd me

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

MK11's Blocking OS
This OS will out right beat or counter your opponent's defensive options in one form or another. The input itself is fairly simple; :d:blk + whatever special or command normal you want to come out in a neutral state, I'll explain the reason later. This OS covers 4 options:

1. Teching Back & Front Throws
  2. Getup Attacks
  3. Getup Rolls
  4. Blocking
Throws
Most of time back throw will be use against you, so it is in your best interest to make sure your special or command normal input includes 1/3. If your opponent is catching on to what you are doing and starting to front throw you instead; use 2/4 accordingly .

Getup Attacks
When it comes to the timing of this OS your best bet is to time it to there getup attacks. Why? Because the start-up is much faster then the throw and getup rolls

Getup Rolls
This is where the special and command normal input comes in to play. In the video down below I use Scorpion as one of the example. Scorpion's OS input is :d:blk + :r:fk, if the opponent forward roll, Teleport will come out and if they decides to back roll the F3 comes out; Both will punish these options.

Blocking
One of the glaring issues with this OS is that if YOUR opponent decide to just block on there wake-up, the OS will still come out, because you are in a neutral state. So when choosing the right input for this OS make sure the special or command normal is safe or safe-ish

Here is a visual representation of this OS, hope you enjoy!

1.As you might of seen in the video, Rayden's OS is special because he can actually Flawless Block U3 to punish the getup attacks
2. Most getup attacks that are Flawless block becomes F.C.P because 4 to 5 Frames are add to the attack
3.Because some KBs are active off a punish, this OS becomes very strong; here's an example

Impression
My thoughts on this OS, is that it is very strong when using the right inputs for it. Strong chars will get stronger and the weaker ones will get a somewhat level playing field. I don't see this OS being remove for quite some time, because it would require NRS to rework somethings, but I could be wrong.

If you have any question or having trouble getting this OS to work for your char, don't hesitate to tag me in this thread or PM'd me
Can Jade do this even though she does not have a teleport?

Yes, but its just more beneficial if your character has a teleport
Not even surprised

Fun fact: Jade has the only teleport in the entire game that won't actually teleport unless you spend meter. At least it's not canon right now.

Fun fact: Jade has the only teleport in the entire game that won't actually teleport unless you spend meter. At least it's not canon right now.
This has me a little curious about Jade, I'll probably lab her up and see what's what.

Hey I really appreciate the straight forward videos. Too many tech videos spend a lot of time on introducing/bragging about themselves, who “owns” the tech, what NRS will do, why NRS sucks, etc. Yours is straight to the point. This tech is great too, this is working very well for me. I rarely use it as I prefer to keep the pressure, but it is predictable enough when a getup attack is about to come and I use it in then to much success. Great stuff!

Just want to say if you guys could share this through Twitter, Discord, Reddit or make a video of your char's OS on YouTube, please do.

The more people know, the faster our community levels up and produce great content for all to see!

Nice finding. Against Scorpion it looks like only forward throw is the escape (I did not try it yet but F3 beats jump pretty well too). That will not help his reputation.
Well NRS will be not happy if the complex wake up system can be tricked out with a stimple OS.

And it does not a good message for the gameplay either.
Respect for sharing it and do not keep it in secret.

Tbh I can not call this "level up" as it does not make the player better but just say f. for the wake up system.

Tbh I can not call this "level up" as it does not make the player better but just say f. for the wake up system.
I agree. I think it's smart to use such a thing if it's there, it's in the game after all. But it does pretty much say FU to the the whole system that was created where the whole point is to make the read/take the risk.

Well NRS will be not happy if the complex wake up system can be tricked out with a stimple OS.
Hopefully they know of it and are working on patching it out.

Nice finding. Against Scorpion it looks like only forward throw is the escape (I did not try it yet but F3 beats jump pretty well too). That will not help his reputation.
If you watch it again Scorpion's teleport will always punish forward roll , beacuse it auto correct your input.

Respect for sharing it and do not keep it in secret.
In all honesty its better this way...

Hopefully they know of it and are working on patching it out.
With how this OS works, in my opinion. . .possible, but difficult to do.

Giving credit to Option, who plays at NLBC took the OS concept a step further

Kitana

Frost

( I meant forward THROW as the only escape - but you poined it out too. :) )

Yes so not just special required but simply string which comes out.
OS works because get ups comes out faster than rolls (and even more time when it is not invincible) and throw tech timing is still good for it (it looks like). Therefore if you wait for wake up timing blocking you are free to press buttons - even against delayed wake up.
That is not the first time I meet with that "block the string but can tech the stagger throw" during my lab work.

From this point of view it is not even a "bad OS" as if you get the good wake up timing in your head (sooner or later you will if you care about your oki game only a little ) you will be able to block wake ups and start pressure.
My point is that with that circumstances maybe it is intended legit way to deal with the mess of the wake up system (and no nerf needed as people requested lol). We will see how NRS will act and we will see their real intention.

It was not different in MKX (or IJ2 and probably in any other FG) but I think throw was faster and more difficult to tech without thinking (but never tried tbh). Not really the same as there was invincible back dash.
And there was no forward roll which makes it more dimensional.
E.g. with catwoman I dashed and cat dashed to get the proper oki timing. With other char, D1, etc. Every character have a move which can help getting the timing. So do in mk11.

E.g. Scorpion does not really have a good MID button which in the other direction is not bad. E.g. simply F3 is good but in case of Fwd roll I am not sure B3 is fast enough to stuff it (and not that rewarding). So teleport buffer OS is nice lol - and more unfair than just simply start pressure in the certain timing blindly or even reacting to "no forward roll".

Kitana is lucky with her B14 string.

And if your character has really no MID options you might try simply S1-2 but you can be low profiled on read. Still better than freezing after a KD. It will be no OS though.

And if my "legit assumption" is right it will be a real level up and people will learn the wake up timings (believe me not so many people will care about it as few of people use FB, yet).
Do not forget if you do your home work you can flawless block wake ups too. For those wo do it already it is just an extra lesson.

Last edited:
( I meant forward THROW as the only escape - but you poined it out too. :) )
Lol bro I'm so sorry, I thought it said forward roll. That's why I respond that way.

And I'm glad that you brought up MKX and Injustice 2 when it comes to their wake up system. I never felt comfortable with their system; either I was able to do some things with one character but then couldn't do what others.

Yea, when I mentioned the "level up" thing I was mostly taking about people getting the flawless block and OS timing

---------
@STORMS @Juggs @Eldriken

Could I get this thread pinned? I feel its worthy of one. :cool:

E
Lol bro I'm so sorry, I thought it said forward roll. That's why I respond that way.

And I'm glad that you brought up MKX and Injustice 2 when it comes to their wake up system. I never felt comfortable with their system; either I was able to do some things with one character but then couldn't do what others.

Yea, when I mentioned the "level up" thing I was mostly taking about people getting the flawless block and OS timing

---------
@STORMS @Juggs @Eldriken

Done.

---------
@STORMS @Juggs @Eldriken

Yes no problem. I’ll have to take a look at this when I get home!

bot didnt block....
You right it didn't and quite honestly I wish NRS would do a patch that add stuff like the A.I doing normals or full strings out of block or on wake up to further explore oki set ups.

Anyhow, most of my talk was just theory talk in the blocking section. I'm just assuming my opponent will one day decide to just get up & block and since the timing deals with the get up animation, it would be the best course of action to find a special or string that's relatively safe to use on the off chance your opponent decide to block.