What's new

Tech - Possessed Universal anti kenshi wake up

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
If we're really gonna analyze Tweedy's gameplay in this thread someone should find a counter for raw non armor push on wake up if anything. That has like a 75% hit success rate for him. :p

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I've counted for two sets. Not doing it again unless you give me a reason to (have counted them yourself)
what are you talkin about what 2 sets.. i just time stamped sylver ryes.. lol i know it was more than what you counted. literally was just making a point that ppl do it. He almost never woke up with anything else. i think he did ex shoulder once thats it. everytime he had the bar for OH it was that.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Imo you'll probably blow a kenshi players wakeup with this once, maybe twice before they start to switch up. Im not saying this isn't useful btw ( for characters with forward advancing moves). If you can do that and get them to switch to something else, you may be able to bait/counter them easier.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Imo you'll probably blow a kenshi players wakeup with this once, maybe twice before they start to switch up. Im not saying this isn't useful btw ( for characters with forward advancing moves). If you can do that and get them to switch to something else, you may be able to bait/counter them easier.
Yup, you should try if you can especially in casual sets. In tournaments i feel its not worth it, since you're guessing 3-way and if fail its hdk into oki pressure, so people tend to just go for block which is imo correct since Kenshi is +5 after that but with the pushback is does almost nothing for him.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Yup, you should try if you can especially in casual sets. In tournaments i feel its not worth it, since you're guessing 3-way and if fail its hdk into oki pressure, so people tend to just go for block which is imo correct since Kenshi is +5 after that but with the pushback is does almost nothing for him.
You are plus after a move which has 2 hits of armor, is an overhead and creates space in which you can maneuver more. How is that almost nothing?

Immortal

Blind justice....
You are plus after a move which has 2 hits of armor, is an overhead and creates space in which you can maneuver more. How is that almost nothing?
Obviously i meant as a pressure tool after it gets blocked. Move itself is VERY good.

Simply it's just better to block it and be back to neutral then guess (at least) 3-way where if you fail its hdk into pressure.

omooba

fear the moobs
Obviously i meant as a pressure tool after it gets blocked. Move itself is VERY good.

Simply it's just better to block it and be back to neutral then guess (at least) 3-way where if you fail its hdk into pressure.
i really don't think you're guessing three way. there's advancing strings that can cover regaular get up to fully delayed wake up and can cover ex teleport so the real question becomes ex push or nah. and even if you can't cover fully delayed wake up you're probably still safe

Immortal

Blind justice....
i really don't think you're guessing three way. there's advancing strings that can cover regaular get up to fully delayed wake up and can cover ex teleport so the real question becomes ex push or nah. and even if you can't cover fully delayed wake up you're probably still safe
It's usually way more then a 3-way guess and nowhere near as simple as you make it to be:

- first you guess on if he gonna wake up immediately or delay it
- then you're guessing how much exactly his gonna delay it, most advancing string will not hit him out of ex overhead if he delays it enough
- and after all of that you're guessing between: ex overhead, ex push, ex teleport (almost none of advancing string have fast enough 2nd to 3 hit to hit him out of delayed ex teleport).

Depending on the stage of guessing and option he selects its hdk into pressure or better yet whiff on armor (ex teleport) into full combo into pressure.

There is no way it's worth taking all those guesses instead of simply blocking unless you gonna die of it.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It's usually way more then a 3-way guess and nowhere near as simple as you make it to be:

- then you're guessing how much exactly his gonna delay it, most advancing string will not hit him out of ex overhead if he delays it enough
- and after all of that you're guessing between: ex overhead, ex push, ex teleport (almost none of advancing string have fast enough 2nd to 3 hit to hit him out of delayed ex teleport).

Depending on the stage of guessing and option he selects its hdk into pressure or better yet whiff on armor (ex teleport) into full combo into pressure.

There is no way it's worth taking all those guesses instead of simply blocking unless you gonna die of it.
If he delays, he forfeits the ability to wake up with a special. That's how delay works.

omooba

fear the moobs

can't u interupt delayed armored wake ups? like isn't there get up frames before the armor can come out?

KrAdWeLL

Noob

You Nailed it.

Too many variables to guess on.

If someone does typically get through the EX armor, it was a fluke and they didn't even know how they did it, because it rarely happens, specifically EX DF4

Immortal

Blind justice....
If he delays, he forfeits the ability to wake up with a special. That's how delay works.
Lol, i didn't mean normal - full delay, obviously.

can't u interupt delayed armored wake ups? like isn't there get up frames before the armor can come out?
Never happen to me so i would assume no but it's worth checking out but then again if you go that route you may as well delay your advancing string to match with his wake up timing and hit him out of it.
Thou still, its another guess.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
what are you talkin about what 2 sets.. i just time stamped sylver ryes.. lol i know it was more than what you counted. literally was just making a point that ppl do it. He almost never woke up with anything else. i think he did ex shoulder once thats it. everytime he had the bar for OH it was that.
You've read my posts in this thread, I don't know how you're confused about what two sets I'm on about.

I'll watch the sylverrye set when I have time. When I clicked on the video you posted it just started at the kevo set

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol, i didn't mean normal - full delay, obviously.

Never happen to me so i would assume no but it's worth checking out but then again if you go that route you may as well delay your advancing string to match with his wake up timing and hit him out of it.
Thou still, its another guess.
If you delay at all, you have to wait till standing to wakeup with armour.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol, thanks again for stating the obvious. Thats what we meant with messing up string punishing timing.
It's just a bit confusing since you seemed to imply you could wake up wit ex overhead if he delayed it. Which is of course, not true.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
You've read my posts in this thread, I don't know how you're confused about what two sets I'm on about.

I'll watch the sylverrye set when I have time. When I clicked on the video you posted it just started at the kevo set
oh word yeah i was confused what you meant lol. i didn't know what you were talkin about. That's weird when i click it it starts at tweedy / rye set

TheTitle of the threat is misleading. It should be changed into "Insane read that is not practical by any means". Universal is supposed to be "Works everytime". This is not the case.