What's new

Tech - Unbreakable Unbreakables EX aura cancels frame data (under work)

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
So ive mained sub zero since day 1 and ive always wanted to not have to play grandmaster as much as i love the clone it really gets boring, so ever since the patch i have been playing unbreakable and a little cryomancer and i found that EX auras recovery buff has made it so he can have some decent pressure i havent tested much but from what i have

Most of these should combo
USEFUL AURA CANCELS FOR PRESSURE:
F4 ex aura is around +14 i tested this against sub zeros recersal ex slide and f4 ex aura 11 and b33 couldnt be interupted. This combos into basically anything you desire has some beefy advantage.

S3 ex aura is around +7 s3 ex aura 11 couldnt be interupted everything else could be. This can be comboed off of with f4 which is one of the only converts because of the pushback on it

USEFUL FOR PUNISHING:
B12 ex aura is around 0 i tested this against cassies 6 frame EX flipkick i recorded sub to do b12 ex aura regular parry subs parry just beat it i would use this for punishing as you can convert with basically anything

S11 and S12 are around +1 but because of the 7f startup they are great punishers and can be converted with b12 b2 and b33

USEFUL FOR SAFELY GETTING THE AURA OUT:
b33 EX Aura with this string being -8 and the removal of option selects this is a good option against those chip you to death characters like lao especially because lao has his hat spin to punish things.

f4 regular aura is also safe which is great for a regular aura cancel and likes laos regular hat which is -3 you are also able to check your opponents after it

AURA CANCELS THAT ARENT THAT USEFUL
F33 ex aura is around -7 i tested it with cassie on reversal EX flip againg and it punished me i would never use this as it starts with a high and is punishable

S4 ex aura is 0 14/15 frame startup so there is no real reason to use it

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
B33~EX Aura makes it safe (I think it's -1 but I need to test more, I can EX parry cassie's flip) and hitconfirmable and you can continue the combo if it hits into say b12~ice ball pretty cool.

123~EX Aura is safe. It's better than -7 because Cassie cannot reversal flip afterwards. There is no room to EX parry.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
try and record sub doing b12 ex aura d3 and try to beat it with a quick poke eg. Kung jins d1 its a better way to test
Why? D3 is 9 frames. I can beat a 6 frame reversal with a 6 frame parry, that means it's zero on block. The parry feels like a just frame because it's quite difficult to get out.

It's 0 on block.

Scott The Scot

B12 ex aura is around +3 i tested this against cassies 7 frame d3 i recorded sub to do b12 ex aura d3 subs d3 is 9 frames and it beat it clean

B33 ex aura cancel is around 0 i tested it once again with cassie and subs d3 this time cassies beat it i would only use EX aura off of b33 if you have your opponent conditioned to block low as its easy to convert it
Yeah you need to update the B12~Ex Aura man, Braindead's logic is perfect.
Okay you updated that, sweet!

Also B33~EX Aura is around -3, not neutral. I can EX parry (3 frames) Cassie's Reversal 6 frame flip, but I can't regular parry. So he HAS to be negative.

Scott The Scot

Apprently everything is just neutral or around that area! Nothing mental.
F33~EX Aura is unsafe and will get you killed by Cassie's flip.
24~EX Aura is neutral.

Scott The Scot

I disagree with you saying that B33~EX Aura is unusful. In the matchups where anybody has a 7 frame move to punish the low option, this allows Sub Zero to remain safe being punished and makes the hitconfirm easier since that B33~EX Aura on hit allows you to continue the combo with whatever you want really.

I suggest and recommend that you change it. Do you agree, Unbreakable master @Braindead? :p