What's new

Match-up Discussion - Unbreakable Unbreakable vs The world

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I noticed that we didn't really have a place to talk about mus so I went along and just made this. If you have questions, answers, recordings, character tech/setups or you just want to say how much you hate a certain mu, just throw it all in here. This is the place for it
The more I play Unbreakable, the more I'm noticing how Sub-Zero actually needs an ice clone to compete.. The problem is the ice clone deals with a lot of his weaknesses in the neutral. He just can't compete with characters who have far reaching (safe or plus) string and his damage just isn't high enough, especially when he needs meter to get anything significant (which he has a difficult time building). I find that to win with him, you have to play the corner mixup game, which grandmaster does so much better, and get lucky with disrespectful ex parries.

Edit: Also, as someone said before, he has legitimate problems with jumping characters. Characters with good crossover jump attacks or NJPs give him a run for his money, and I just don't feel like using slides and backdashes is enough. He needs a way to stop people from jumping to make the parry a larger threat, even if it's only a faster d2.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The more I play Unbreakable, the more I'm noticing how Sub-Zero actually needs an ice clone to compete.. The problem is the ice clone deals with a lot of his weaknesses in the neutral. He just can't compete with characters who have far reaching (safe or plus) string and his damage just isn't high enough, especially when he needs meter to get anything significant (which he has a difficult time building). I find that to win with him, you have to play the corner mixup game, which grandmaster does so much better, and get lucky with disrespectful ex parries.

Edit: Also, as someone said before, he has legitimate problems with jumping characters. Characters with good crossover jump attacks or NJPs give him a run for his money, and I just don't feel like using slides and backdashes is enough. He needs a way to stop people from jumping to make the parry a larger threat, even if it's only a faster d2.
This is why he has the Aura up all the time to protect himself from the chip attacks. However, I noticed that if you get your opponent cornered, you would want to front dash, and then jump backwards to prevent him from doing the EX moves. I saw Sonicfox do it all the time with his Cryo.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
This is why he has the Aura up all the time to protect himself from the chip attacks. However, I noticed that if you get your opponent cornered, you would want to front dash, and then jump backwards to prevent him from doing the EX moves. I saw Sonicfox do it all the time with his Cryo.
Yeah, jump back 2 is the godly tech. Shoutout to kotal

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Here are some corner combos that I think you should use when you land a B2.

With aura on: B2-->B2-->B12xxEXBurst-->123xxslide 43%

This combo only requires 1 bar for alot of damage.

B2-->B2-->242-->123xxslide 36%

This combo is tight but it will pay off. Its an option when you have no meter. All UB subs should use this.

There were plenty of times you landed a B2 in the corner and had meter. Add these to your arsonal
Holy shit, thank you so much for the b12 burst combo

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
You're negating chip damage, but they're still building meter and potentially opening you up with a 50/50, plus frames or what have you. What SonicFox and Foxy do (the run under) is definitely an option, but still not consistent and can be caught by quit a few jump ins or baited by certain characters. The problem is also that you have to be expecting the jump to do it succesfully, and with characters that can throw out half screen normals at any time, that's not easy to do.

Edit: I read that wrong lol. Yeah the jump back thing isn't bad, but SonicFox would specifically do it because it pretty much guarantees a block into a potential command grab. I've noticed that using 12, b33 or b2 with correct timing without them blocking a jump in tends to open more people up.

Tanno

You're negating chip damage, but they're still building meter and potentially opening you up with a 50/50, plus frames or what have you. What SonicFox and Foxy do (the run under) is definitely an option, but still not consistent and can be caught by quit a few jump ins or baited by certain characters. The problem is also that you have to be expecting the jump to do it succesfully, and with characters that can throw out half screen normals at any time, that's not easy to do.

Edit: I read that wrong lol. Yeah the jump back thing isn't bad, but SonicFox would specifically do it because it pretty much guarantees a block into a potential command grab. I've noticed that using 12, b33 or b2 with correct timing without them blocking a jump in tends to open more people up.
Yeah about the tech there. The reason is that the front dash negates the EX move by targeting itself to the corner, so you want to jump back to attack your opponent right back to where you were. The problem here is that the jump in is a complete bust as of the latest patch. :/

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Ggs @Poser Paul. Like you were saying on PSN, you need to work on your patience, but also your punishes. You were either sliding or using b2 in the matches we were playing. Try to calm down and use spacing a bit better. You're not bad at all though :)

Tanno

I think the unbreakable and Takada match up is 6-4. Anyone disagree or agree?
I don't know this MU against Takeda as Unbreakable, so I'm not to comment here. Surely Takeda beats GM. I loathe his chains.