What's new

Match-up Discussion - Unbreakable Unbreakable vs The world

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I noticed that we didn't really have a place to talk about mus so I went along and just made this. If you have questions, answers, recordings, character tech/setups or you just want to say how much you hate a certain mu, just throw it all in here. This is the place for it

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
How do you guys deal with the scorpion matchup? particularly ninjutsu
You just gotta be patient. He can't normally bully you with f2 or staggers cause of parry. Just lay back and let him hang himself. I get bodied but i have this recording and hope it helps

My issue with Unbreakable is this. The lack of a reliable anti air. Even with the right read you cannot anti air consistently, to make them not to jump at you. I'd like he gets a unique anti air string like the 2+2 in mk9.

My Secret guide to beat Unbreakable.
Jump at him like there's no tomorow.
The parry is still full combo punishable. Go ham on him if he misses parry or if He parries a projectile ( I recommend to jump at him LOL).
Normal aura is full combo punishable on reaction. specially with teleporters.

Last edited:

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
My issue with Unbreakable is this. The lack of a reliable anti air. Even with the right read you cannot anti air consistenty, to make them not to jump at you. I'd like he gets a unique anti air string like the 2+2 in mk9.

My Secret guide to beat Unbreakable.
Jump at him like there's no tomorow.
The parry is still full combo punishable. Go ham on him if he misses parry or if He parries a projectile ( I recommend to jump at him LOL).
Normal aura is full combo punishable on reaction. specially with teleporters.
Just dash back/forward if they're jumping at you or njp or ji3

Yeah it seems like you have to play a patient footsie game with him. Its too tempting to throw an iceball but you have to resist bc he is waiting for it so he can punish with the tele. This is one of those matchups where you need aura on at all times. I wish there was a way to bait the tele. The only thing i can think of is aura

Just lost to a shoalin in a tourney. Anyone got any dirt or advice against him?
Im starting to find that against characters who can't teleport and can zone a good strategy is to aura then slide when they throw a projectile. The slide launcher is a great threat against anyone who can zone. Once you catch them do an optimal combo to safely get aura back on or use it right after the slide. Once you have it back on I would keep my distance and try to punish the disc again

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Against Scorpion, you definitely want to be patient when it comes to using no Ice Balls and being ready to Parry Ninjutsu's F2. However, you should also be ready to rush Scorpion down, especially on wake-up, since, unless you're jumping in, the only thing Scorp can do is Takedown, which is pretty ass.

As for anti-airs, while it's true that there are situations that UB doesn't have the best go to button, in those cases you can simply slide to get out of the pressure. It's also important to know when you should escape, versus when you can legit punish with a S1 or Slide or D2 or instant JK, many of which can lead to 20% damage with the right conversions.

Against Shaolin, like against all KJ variations, you need to use Parry sparingly, since KJ's NJP beats it and all of his wake-up's beat it. Otherwise though, you can play your game as normal, waiting to punish whiffed/blocked NJPs with Slide or a full combo if you're close enough. Against Shaolin specifically, be sure to go into training room against his Ark Kick/Slam, so you know when to back dash/poke.

Against Ermac, again, patience. Have Aura up so you can punish his Ground Slams with a full combo. Don't use Parry on wake-up, because it doesn't work against his options. Don't try to anti-air his cross over JIP. Instead, just slide out. Learn his OH/low options, so you can block correctly, and learn his plus frames. Beyond that, you can run the usual game with the post burst onion.

Hope these help. If you have any others, let me know, as I've played him against just about everyone.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Im starting to find that against characters who can't teleport and can zone a good strategy is to aura then slide when they throw a projectile. The slide launcher is a great threat against anyone who can zone. Once you catch them do an optimal combo to safely get aura back on or use it right after the slide. Once you have it back on I would keep my distance and try to punish the disc again
Not possible, he only threw The chakram like 3 times

come watch me get bopped

Here are some corner combos that I think you should use when you land a B2.

With aura on: B2-->B2-->B12xxEXBurst-->123xxslide 43%

This combo only requires 1 bar for alot of damage.

B2-->B2-->242-->123xxslide 36%

This combo is tight but it will pay off. Its an option when you have no meter. All UB subs should use this.

There were plenty of times you landed a B2 in the corner and had meter. Add these to your arsonal

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Here are some corner combos that I think you should use when you land a B2.

With aura on: B2-->B2-->B12xxEXBurst-->123xxslide 43%

This combo only requires 1 bar for alot of damage.

B2-->B2-->242-->123xxslide 36%

This combo is tight but it will pay off. Its an option when you have no meter. All UB subs should use this.

There were plenty of times you landed a B2 in the corner and had meter. Add these to your arsonal
I drop that from time to time so I tend not to do it. I'm sorry

I drop that from time to time so I tend not to do it. I'm sorry
Don't apologize lol. Just thought if u used those combos it would be an easy way to improve your game. Once you do it enough times it becomes muscle memory. In order to be more consistent you have to use it in a real match.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Don't apologize lol. Just thought if u used those combos it would be an easy way to improve your game. Once you do it enough times it becomes muscle memory. In order to be more consistent you have to use it in a real match.
I will try that b12 burst though, that seems promising

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
lol @ no good anti air. s1 is a great anti air and i can do it very consistently unless its someone like jin

anyways what do you guys think about mystic vs unb?
You are a god if you can consistently anti air pretty much every character in the game with s1. I'm willing to bet money that you can't.