What's new

Guide - Unbreakable Unbreakable Nexus

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Any tips against Pyro? is that a good MU? cause it sucks with quan lol

GGs, bro.

Against Kung Lao, you CAN freeze his teleports, so if you see him teleporting, start the parry.

I don't have much data on Tanya, but you can slide on her zoning. Her teleportations are a pain in the ass. Not even GM has a chance against her.

I'll try Smoke against her.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
What they said. I prefer fighting Tanya with Scorpion, Smoke, or Mileena, but UB can definitely win. You just have to be very patient.

As always, I'm impressed by your anti-air combos, but you still need to work on optimal damage after Parries and when punishing. If you do, it'll make getting those wins a lot easier =)

Tender

Noob
Any tips against Pyro? is that a good MU? cause it sucks with quan lol

Aura up when she zones, when she dive kick block then do b12 ice ball, ur normals are all better than hers so just wait her out on fireballs, cuz everyone do risky stuff when there's only 10 seconds left. besides zoning she's pretty punishable. i see u do a lot of gimmicky 12 aura start getting more comfortable with f4 aura instead.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Has anyone looked into d4 burst in the corner?
The gap between d4 and burst can be full combo punished on block in the corner. It's a bit harder to punish midscreen, but you can still full combo punish if you know the tech - block d4 then walk back slightly so burst whiffs and use an advancing string.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
The gap between d4 and burst can be full combo punished on block in the corner. It's a bit harder to punish midscreen, but you can still full combo punish if you know the tech - block d4 then walk back slightly so burst whiffs and use an advancing string.
Alot of people jump out or poke back after they block my d4 and the burst cancel has really been helping against it

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
It's a bit gimmicky, but D4~Burst and D4~Parry can definitely work well against people who like to counterpoke.

wsj515

Alot of people jump out or poke back after they block my d4 and the burst cancel has really been helping against it
Sure, but thats the definition of a gimmick. I'm not saying don't use it - if they don't know the tech they have to hold it, but if they know the tech you're taking 30%.

Tanno

Has anyone looked into d4 burst in the corner?
Have done it once or twice. After seeing this, I didn't use it at all, because I don't wanna be punished. However, D4xxEX Burst (Frost Bomb) is a different story, if I want to distance myself from my opponent or if he tries to jump in out of corner.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Have done it once or twice. After seeing this, I didn't use it at all, because I don't wanna be punished. However, D4xxEX Burst (Frost Bomb) is a different story, if I want to distance myself from my opponent or if he tries to jump in out of corner.
I wouldn't suggest ex for getting distance. How are you not gonna get punished the same way for spending the meter

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Wait, how can I get full combo punished

Tanno

I thought burst was safe, what's an ideal punish
If you wait a bit till the Burst ends or if you're fast and know a fast move, you can punish it. The Iceball, the Burst and the Slide all have the same frames and are punishable. It's safe only at the combos. It used to be safe before as a wake-up armored attack, but not anymore.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
If you wait a bit till the Burst ends or if you're fast and know a fast move, you can punish it. The Iceball, the Burst and the Slide all have the same frames and are punishable. It's safe only at the combos. It used to be safe before as a wake-up armored attack, but not anymore.
So you're telling me burst is not safe

Tanno

Burst is safe lol, c'mon @Tanno, the issue is the gap between d4 and burst. In the corner you can punish before burst comes out, midscreen you make burst whiff and punish in the recovery when its canceled off d4.
This is what I meant. lol.

If they block D4, they will most likely see the Burst and try punishing you. I don't use it. I consider it a YOLO after the patch. I use it only at combos, and rarely at some occasions. ;)

wsj515

This is what I meant. lol.

If they block D4, they will most likely see the Burst and try punishing you. I don't use it. I consider it a YOLO after the patch. I use it only at combos, and rarely at some occasions. ;)
First of all, its a safe ender that should be used after most strings on block. The gap can be armored at times, but they waste a bar for very little damage. Second:

The Iceball, the Burst and the Slide all have the same frames and are punishable. It's safe only at the combos.
Dude... last time I pointed something like this out, I was called a condescending dick lol, I guess people are ok with stuff like this :rolleyes:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
What are your guys thoughts vs Goro(feedback on any variation is appreciated) and Liu kang FF? Quan struggles in those MUS seeing if Sub is a good option there