What's new

Umm does the shading look crappy in SFV for anyone else?

Aramonde

Noob
So i got the game yesterday and the shading is all pixelated. It looks ugly especially in game. Is it like this for everyone? I never noticed this on stream or Youtube.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
at least there's no outstanding pixelated chest (liu kang) but seriously though mkx's graphics are way better than sf5. i think that's y you're noticing this so much

Aramonde

Noob
Better shading will be patched in later
LOL, are they gonna fix Ken's hair too?

at least there's no outstanding pixelated chest (liu kang) but seriously though mkx's graphics are way better than sf5. i think that's y you're noticing this so much
I'm looking at Ryu and most of his whole body looks pixelated, part of me regrets buying this. This is just embarrassing, PS2 games had characters look better than this. Hell KOF 14 is looking pretty good right now lol. And yeah MKX is a stunning beautiful game.

An entire thread for that??
Yup

Decay

King of the Bill
I feel like sf5 looks pretty but at the expense of basic lighting and 30 FPS backgrounds lol MKX has a much more dynamic lighting system which allows the characters to mesh into the backgrounds a lot better.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
But you guys see it now right?
I never bothered to look lol. I'm a retrohead, so great looking games isn't something I care about too much...so that little detail isn't something that's important for me to look.

On my 4K tv I notice it more than my computer monitor. Not sure if it's just because of a bigger screen or what but I will say as a karin main I hate how my face is shaded.

But shading is like the 462nd thing on my list of demands in fighting games.