What's new

UMK3T

Moved here because this is one of those opinion based threads that you see on every single MK site. The other sections are meant specifically for gameplay and competition related stuff, and even though I know gameplay will come up in a topic like this, it is not the main focus of the subject. This kind of sorting will be done a lot in the beginning and once enough threads are made here and there people will be sure of where to post stuff that is sort of in the middle.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It always comes down to a matter of opinion when it's which game you like best, but in terms of which game is the best, UMK3 is widely considered as such because it is the most balanced, complete and tournament worthy MK game. This question should probably be open to both points of view, as some people prefer MKII over all MK games, because of things completely nonsensical.

Jiggeh

Noob
So, what, more specifically are the gameplay differences between UMK3 and MKT, and which of them affect overall quality and balance? I know Noob's got some broken stuff, and IIRC Rain does as well - but is it all just newly added stuff that isn't properly balanced, or are there more general stuff beyond that?

The way I see it, Trilogy is just another fancy name for UMK3 home version, since all ports of the arcade added/changed a lot of things anywa. A name change doesn't make it a different game. So then you can't really compare them if one is just an extension of the other.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
My point is, this kind of topic deals more with opinions on personal choice, than the cut and dry facts about the games that are different.

I favor UMK 3 over MK T. The reason being that UMK 3 the game I played in the arcades and MK T just wasn't the real deal for me. Does that make sense? MK T had tons of characters, tons of backrounds but it wasn't Ultimate and way back in 96 thats how I felt. MKT(I played the heck out of it) was just not UMK3.

I remember calling Midway on a weekly basis asking when UMK 3 was coming home and I got the response of MK T is coming.