What's new

UMK3 V1.3 2017 UPDATE - BETA 1 OFFICIAL is ready (link)

**This will go in the UMK3 Version 1.2 ROM, NOT Juggernaut hack**

Changes included for this beta (not many but wanting to get it out for testing)
Very bloody floors - Blood stays on floor for markedly longer than default

Stage Rotation fixed - No longer have to play all stages twice before MK3 Stages. Have updated to mix in UMK3 and MK3 stages.

Character select screen updated - this is subject to change/revert KNOWN ISSUE: Random select does not currently work - fix in progress

Shao Kahn taunts changed at Choose Your Destiny screen
- previously the original programmers were very lazy and simply added a 4th 'level' and when they rearranged the appearance from MK3, they didn't change the taunts. In MK3, choosing Master tower (the 2nd from left) gave a taunt of "you will never win". in UMK3 the Warrior ladder, again 2nd from left, gave the same taunt, and didn't make sense.

Win counts no longer reset unless another player joins during arcade ladder battle, game over, or machine reset. This allows for better win tally tracking over the course of P2P matchups.

Hidden characters and bosses no longer stage locked. Motaro is fought at The Bridge, and Shao Kahn is fought on The Rooftop. Gave this a little MK9 feel.

Sounds changed at "Midway Presents" and when 2nd player joins in during character select screen.

Please play test these and let me know how they work! If a certain individual *cough* @YourMKArcadeSource *cough* had access to arcade hardware, I'd really be interested in seeing how the bloody floors plays, it doesn't affect mame at all, but that's not to say something may happen to arcade hardware :)

There is definitely more to come. I want to have Noob and Human Smoke selectable on screen, but maybe MK2+ style instead of Juggernaut hack. There are 'fixes' such as character bios that were fixed in Juggernaut's hack that will be implemented, Scorpion's 'get over here' cut off will likely be added as well. Updated Choose your destiny towers as well, possibly updated color palettes for characters or even selectable palettes.

**NOTHING** will be done to change game play. There is a possibility of changing game play options within the game options, but NOTHING that is hard coded into the game without being able to switch off/on.

@NSR @haketh @mkholic @NinjaGrinder
@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@STORMS
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Kintaro is not in UMK3, it's Motaro.
Awesome work though, I'll see when I can get a chance to try it out. Will wait a bit more though (due to the wannacrypt virus that nearly got me)

mkholic

Noob
although i love how u can see now that blood splatters around the character (e.g., after the kabal's saw). it doesn't look right on the arenas with "low" floors
Stage Rotation fixed - No longer have to play all stages twice before MK3 Stages. Have updated to mix in UMK3 and MK3 stages.
it'd be nice to see where the rotation starts randomized if possible

Last edited:
The blood remaining on the floor works great on my arcade board, I do have issues where my projectiles like Cyrax's net just randomly stops working for half the round then once I'm hit it starts working again. I really like the subtle changes though it is sort of a polish for the game. I look forward to what's next.

Just out of curiosity, do you know if its possible to address the unused I/O on the boards?

Last edited:
Sadly I'm taking the download link down.

Apparently you can't share without someone wanting to steal, call it theirs, and not give you credit in their own revision.

Sadly I'm taking the download link down.

Apparently you can't share without someone wanting to steal, call it theirs, and not give you credit in their own revision.
damn it, that sucks, I got excited when I got the alert it was available to download. Hopefully this doesn't keep you from releasing it down the road.

Remember how MK1 and MK2 would give you a "double flawless" message if you flawlessed your opponent twice? MK3/UMK3 didn't do that...

Until now.