What's new

UMK3 Uk

KOHR

Noob
The rom has been updated. Most of the reported bugs were fixed. Rain's physics have been changed for a more accurate correspondence with N64 MKT.
Rain limits were updated and currently they are:
1) Orb: enables single DP, disabled after 4 hits.
2) Lightning: enables single DP, disabled after 2 hits.
3) Super RH: enables single DP, after 8 hits enables double DP, disabled if combo damage over 60%.
Rain's lightning recovery was decreased due to player reports.

Two new palettes were added for Kung Lao: red and black.

"DOUBLE FLAWLESS" message has been unblocked.

Last edited:
I think we can make this happen.
Sure you can. You'd have to build a special version of MAME to use the other GFX banks. I already have this working for UMK3+...

There's not too much free space on the original banks. I believe 113-110 had the most, but still wasn't much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The goal should be to get all MKII graphics and sounds on the UMK3 board and see if they can be accessed in some way, and then see if there's a shot at MK1 or if that would have to be custom.

Reactions: nwo

nwo

Noob
so we can have a recent mame build with the kaillera support? this would be like the best thing ever
Once the source code is changed it will no longer be compatible with the Feb 21, 2018 build (that is pretty popular now). Maybe in 2019 there will be a new version, there's other fixes that need to be made also.

and I guess there needs to be a new version released before we can confirm the changes even work...

In Russia the community is organized and they have an auto updater, so if a bug is discovered they can pretty much issue a new version instantly and everyone will download it. The rest of the world and the USA are not organized and this would be a huge pain in the ass. Then we have a bunch of versions of Mame that aren't compatible online, and there's already too many different versions for some people.

Last edited:
The goal should be to get all MKII graphics and sounds on the UMK3 board and see if they can be accessed in some way, and then see if there's a shot at MK1 or if that would have to be custom.
Sound space is very limited already on umk3. Getting mk2 gfx in shouldn't be a problem now :)

KOHR

Noob
The rom and the emulator pack have been updated.
command.dat file with characters moves was included, which are accessible by pressing tab -> game documents -> show command list. All unique UC moves (like brutalities and other) were included in the list.

New cheats menu has been built. It is accessible with test menu (F2 by default). Alongside regular cheats you can find there a N64 option - "show collision boxes". In addition to this, an in-game menu was added. To reach it, press and hold start for both players. if you're playing vs cpu, press and hold START for your player first or else you will enable vs player mode. At this moment, there are only options to kill player 1 or 2.

Scorpion fatality 2 was fixed (it rebooted the game if performed in "The Subway").

Palette selector has many fixes. From now it should deny same palettes in any possible circumstances. It also works with the hidden select now.

Balance profile "UC TOURNAMENT" intended to be only online so from now it doesn't works with "hardware compatibility" mode and it locks vs counters to be preserved after losing.

KOHR

Noob
The rom was updated.
1) Classic Sub-Zero got a friendship (D,B,B,F,LK). Source code by @tehdrewsus / UMK3 +
2) Classic Sub-Zero got a babality (D,B,B,HK).
3) Turbo mode makes random select much faster.
4) Random select remembers the last 8 random characters for both players and doesn't select any of them. It prevents situations where random select picks the same characters a lot.

Last edited:
The rom was updated.
1) Classic Sub-Zero got friendship (D,B,B,F,LK). Source code by @tehdrewsus / UMK3 Plus
2) Classic Sub-Zero got babality (D,B,B,HK).
3) Turbo mode makes random select much faster.
4) Random select remembers last 8 random characters for both players and doesn't picks up any of them. It prevents situations where random picks the same characters a lot.
You should just start a GitHub for this project. So it can be forked.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The rom was updated.
1) Classic Sub-Zero got a friendship (D,B,B,F,LK). Source code by @tehdrewsus / UMK3 +
That's awesome, tehdrewsus and you would make THE definitive edition of UMK3 by wsharing source code, or whatever it's called.

I've noticed that there is a critical bug when you perform the slide move from Ninja Sub-Zero o The Temple, someone pointed this out in the Facebook page. The game just closes (also in The Pit Bottom, but I wasn't performing the slide move, I was just holding Block with Ninja Sub-Zero and the game crashed, never happened before this update).

Cool, thanks for the quick fix.

Is it possible to put the background from "The Hidden Portal" arena as the background of the ladder? (If the goal is make it look more like MKT than UMK3)
Maybe in a separate profile, as well as the blue one also in another profile.

Just some ideas, since I have no clue on how to hack or modify anything.

KOHR

Noob
I did it just because i had to free some space for new arenas. This variant is like trilogy and the smallest in the same time.

sam76

Noob
i don't know if this is a bug , But in the endurance Round Master ladder
the AI (Human-smoke) perform Fatality
(uppercut head off ) from a sweep , not close !

sorry uppercut not Roundhouse !

Last edited:

KOHR

Noob
The rom was updated.
1) A new random mode: CUSTOM RANDOM. You can select up to 8 characters for this mode and do random among them. For add character to a custom random pool you should do a regular selection. This mode will be accessible only if the pool consists of two or more not the same characters. If you add the same character into the pool more than once then probability of its random selection will be greater. For performing the action, highlight Kitana for player 1 then press left+start, or highlight Scorpion for player 2 then press right+start. For clearing the random pool, press start over Reptile for player 1 or over Jade for player 2.
2) With the vanilla rom single player mode pressing start for an other player on the destiny screen not always worked. This was fixed.
3) UC Tournament mode was made more classic, because old players who play once per a couple of years could be scared in tournaments. In addition to old limits, all MK1 and MK2 backgrounds will be skipped; background selection menu is unaccessible; palettes 3 and 4 are banned for all characters.

Last edited:
This hack is awesome, but there is one bug that really gives unfair advatage, that's been present even since vanilla.
While playing as Cyborg, if you will try to perform HP-combo from jump on Kitana Jade or Mileena, Cyborg simply stops and can't perform it. Only way to do it, start HK-combo insted of HP-combo. Can you fix it?

Also if it is possible. Can you add 200% 300% Health Points cheats? Back in MK Trilogy there was cheat called Low Damage. And i liked it :) Longer fights were fun.

Or maybe i am missing something. Is it possible to lower damage\increase HP and disable timer without 'vs codes' in your hack?

KOHR

Noob
I think can add low damage by vs code. But I won't change female ninjas because this is a part of balance. I have some balance profiles in this hack. In the modern profile i want to make more fair game but it is not finished yet. Sector is already rebalanced here but Cyrax is not. Cyborgs may do their HP, HK combo in this situation. By the way, classic profile will be always default.