What's new

UMK3 Uk

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Only modern balance profile: Kano was rebalanced.
1) Instead of random cannonball special move from MKT profile he has homing cannonball - it can track opponent character and never misses.
2) Punishing sweeps restricton was removed from his regular cannonball. Added second input for this move - F, F, LK.
Oh man, cannonballs on reaction without charging... great news for Kano! And I believe the charge input is still a good tool against rushdown pressure. I like letting go of LK while crouching, after sticking out some low pokes; tends to catch people off guard. :D I like these options!

Crazy Ball is good times, I've always been curious about the physics of it. Like I see sometimes it starts in a downward direction (almost going through the floor) and other times upward. Is this random or does it have something to do with the state of the opponent?

Thanks again for all the great work!!

KOHR

Noob
I don't think you are unable to use this forum properly since you are able to hack TMS34010 code. You would answer on my PM before i will answer you.

I don't think you are unable to use this forum properly since you are able to hack TMS34010 code. You would answer on my PM before i will answer you.
The one about Scorpion's harpoon? To answer your question, yes it was my work. I also don't share it often as the time I put into my projects is time taken from my family, so don't feel bad because of this.

www.mortalkombatplus.com

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

KOHR

Noob
I don't care about hardware compatibility and never tested it. But i don't see any reasons why it shouldn't work if you turn this on it in test menu

KOHR

Noob
After a month since last release i have finished Rain patch. If you find any bugs please let me know.
Noob Saibot was swapped with Rain everywhere in the game. Shao Kahn hidden treasures which were contain Noob has been changed. One of them is new female endurance where you have to beat all UMK3 females. All towers in CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY were reverted from JH to 1.2 except of the rightmost MASTER tower which is always endurance now. Rain has 4 palettes 1) N64 2) Genesis 3) PSX 4) Arcade. Next finishers are included: brutality (HP, HP, BL, LK, HK, BL, LK, HK, BL, HP, LP), babality (F, B, B, HP), stage (F, D, F, LP). Some moves were done without any measurement, some other moves were measured and frame perfectly copied from N64 MKT. In future it's possible to change framedata for get better balance. Many people asked me to change his avatar so i swapped it to remastered version. Full changelog will be written in couple of days here.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Amazing! Noob in his UMK3 form isn't all that interesting to be honest, so replacing him with Rain is really cool. Can't believe Rain is actually functioning and playing like he does in MK Trilogy.

I forget which hack it is, I think either UMK3+ or TE, that allows Noob to be accessed by using the "Smoke code" on Classic Sub Zero (where the character switches at the beginning of the round). Could something similar be done here or would it be pushing a memory limit at this point? Well either way the trade of Noob for Rain is worth it.

KOHR

Noob
Rain has been added.

Autocombos:
1) HP, HP, LP, HP
2) HK, HK, LP, HP
3) HK, HK, LK, HK, B+HK

Special Moves:
1) Lightning: B, B, HP
2) Orb: D, F, HP
3) Super Roundhouse: B+HK

Finisher moves:
1) Brutality: HP, HP, BL, LK, HK, BL, LK, HK, BL, HP, LP
2) Babality: F, B, B, HP
3) Stage Fatality: F, D, F, LP

Shang Tsung morph (available only for TRILOGY and MODERN profiles):
RUN, BL, LK

Palettes:
1) N64 - selectable by any button
2) Genesis - selectable by LP+HP
3) PSX - selectable by BL+RUN
4) Arcade - selectable by LK+HK

Framedata:
All mentioned framedata was copied from N64. Only actions were synchronized, animations have their own speed. I don't really know about common arrangements how to measure these things but i'm sure about correctness of synchronization.
Lightning: startup: 19 frames; recovery on hit: 30 frames; recovery on block: 62 frames; recovery on miss: 78 frames.
Orb speed and startup were also synchronized. It's startup was measured in close range and it should be 12 frames. It's speed was measured from distance after uppercut and should be 19 frames.
Only RH on block in his main combo was synchronized because it's important. It has -1 on block which means Rain in minus but he is safe.
All other timings was created as i feel because it's not important.

Other:
I swapped Noob with Rain. Noob was totally deleted from the game because he was not intended to be playable by the authors, he is raw and doesn't have any moves. This causes next patches:
1) All towers in CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY were reverted from Juggernauts Hack to vanilla 1.2 except the rightmost MASTER tower. It is always endurance. All towers contained Noob in Juggernauts Hack.
2) Shao Kahn treasure "BATTLE WITH NOOB SAIBOT" was changed to "BATTLE WITH HUMAN SMOKE".
3) Shao Kahn treasure "NOOB SAIBOT / ERMAC ENDURANCE" was changed to "FEMALE ENDURANCE" where you have to beat all females from the game.
4) Versus code WINNER OF THIS ROUND BATTLES NOOB SAIBOT was removed.

Because Rain was changed i cut default Rain from demo.

Regular random select, UP+START, doesn't select Rain. Full random select, START, can select Rain. This was unmodified since Noob.

Last edited:

KOHR

Noob
Other included patches:
Noob Saibot Dorfen / Kahn's Tower were fixed. Well in the background is round now.
New character palettes:
Red Kitana like MK Gold (3rd).
Reptile has also 3rd dark palette.
Sindel has 2 new palettes: red (3rd) and black (4th).
Ermac has 2 new palettes with different shades of red.

Mgo

Noob
Just a random suggestion: A special moment on a 2on2 versus matches is when a character manage to beat the two characters without receiving any damage. The game will count it like "Flawless Victory" but the same happens if you loose your first character and beat the opponent without receiving damage with the second one. We call it here "Perfect". Perhaps its a good idea to introduce a new "trophy" when happens what I mentioned at first.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I could save noob but i don't like it. He is raw, he hasn't any moves and he was not intended for be playable.
There's nothing directly suggesting Rain was intended to be playable either so there's no reason you can't recreate MKT Noob Saibot at this point, I say go for it. If anything, it should be understood that Rain and Noob being in the SNES and Genesis versions of UMK3 specifically suggests they did want them both in the game.

KOHR

Noob
@Shock i meant intended to be playable "as is". I want characters be as close to original as possible but vanilla Noob is a god tier and he's ultimately stronger than vanilla Rain. Surely i can make little balance changes but not strong changes.

KOHR

Noob
Were he do lightning instead babality i would do it. But he acts as designed - he will perform babality if you press all buttons correctly. Besides, i got this command from MKT.