What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There needs to be a better online platform for this ;_;

Should we all go back to mame32k64? lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
As far as online play goes, this does work with RetroArch, which claims to have rollback. I've also found the emulator to be much more stable for me than any other. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to get it to generate a mame.ini on Windows yet.

Once I do, though, I'll be up for sharing it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
As far as online play goes, this does work with RetroArch, which claims to have rollback. I've also found the emulator to be much more stable for me than any other. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to get it to generate a mame.ini on Windows yet.

Once I do, though, I'll be up for sharing it.
The problem with RetroArch is that is uses mame as an external program. All inputs entered are passed through an additional layer and this causes input delay (albeit very minimal). And like Mamehub, it's not easy to use.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Here's a runthrough I did last night with Noob. Nothing spectacular. Just getting used to his new moves and style. I also messed around at the end with Un-masked Sub and Scorpion trying to do some of their new stuff...

Noob
The problem with RetroArch is that is uses mame as an external program. All inputs entered are passed through an additional layer and this causes input delay (albeit very minimal). And like Mamehub, it's not easy to use.
@THTB @Konqrr

I managed to get retroarch working and I believe I understand how to do netplay through it. If I have time tonight, and that entirely depends on my son, I'd like to try it and see if we can get it working.t

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So I've played with @Konqrr @B W1zZ and @tehdrewsus on MAME 119 in Galaxy (server).

It seems alright but not really good enough. The delay and occasional spikes makes it pretty poor playing conditions. So far the best connections has been with @R.E.O. and @tehdrewsus, but even then it's with 4-5 frames of delay by default. Really wish port forwarding actually worked for me, and @9.95 can attest to the fact that I've tried.

I haven't tried port forwarding for MAME 119 yet, so I'll try that either later tonight or tomorrow, whenever I can play again.

Noob
So I've played with @Konqrr @B W1zZ and @tehdrewsus on MAME 119 in Galaxy (server).

It seems alright but not really good enough. The delay and occasional spikes makes it pretty poor playing conditions. So far the best connections has been with @R.E.O. and @tehdrewsus, but even then it's with 4-5 frames of delay by default. Really wish port forwarding actually worked for me, and @9.95 can attest to the fact that I've tried.

I haven't tried port forwarding for MAME 119 yet, so I'll try that either later tonight or tomorrow, whenever I can play again.

I think I spent over an hour on the phone with you trying to get those ports forwarded, but they just wouldn't do it. I don't know if it was mamehub not recognizing the open ports or if the ports just weren't open.

@B W1zZ mentioned to me that you may have needed to forward the port, then after doing it, reset the router for the changes to take affect. Maybe that's something to try tonight.

Are you just getting the error message, or is mamehub not working because of it??
I got the error message but was able to play with @nwo just fine after forwarding.

THTB

@THTB @Konqrr

I managed to get retroarch working and I believe I understand how to do netplay through it. If I have time tonight, and that entirely depends on my son, I'd like to try it and see if we can get it working.t
My only issue with RetroArch so far is just that I can't get it to generate a mame.ini file.

Konqrr, that may be a problem, though in my experiences, it doesn't generate more input delay. Also, as far as I know, the online configuration is similar to GGPO in that you can set the delay to help smooth it out.

But with some good news, I figured out why MAMEHub sucked so bad for me. My power profile was set to battery saver, so I was getting weak shit in processing power. It's fixed, now, though. Tested the emulator a bit and it was smooth sailing. :)

Phil, if you have a working mame.ini for RetroArch, definitely let me know. I really want to test it, and it'd help if we didn't have to constantly go in and reconfigure the controls every go.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Was finally able to port forward on MAME 119 ppk thanks to @9.95. I played @R.E.O. in a great connection in P2P, and he recorded the matches so they're going up soon!

THTB

Was finally able to port forward on MAME 119 ppk thanks to @9.95. I played @R.E.O. in a great connection in P2P, and he recorded the matches so they're going up soon!
You gonna be on later? Like 2-ish? I reeeeeeeeally wanna play someone! :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You gonna be on later? Like 2-ish? I reeeeeeeeally wanna play someone! :D
I won't be on probably the rest of the night, unfortunately. I'll try and be on tomorrow though. I was only able to play REO for under an hour, we usually play much longer than that.

Crathen

Death is my business
It's always been low lol

What do you mean "compressing it the wrong way?"

You take umk3.zip, extract the two files you are going to patch, patch them, then put them back in the umk3.zip file. Make a backup first so you don't remove your original file data.
I extracted all the files - patched the 54 and 63 - made another .zip and it didn't work.

Now that i did as you said it's running on 119 but i get corrupted sprites / select screen portraits.Any ideas?

Thanks btw lol i feel stupid now for not trying that out

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I extracted all the files - patched the 54 and 63 - made another .zip and it didn't work.

Now that i did as you said it's running on 119 but i get corrupted sprites / select screen portraits.Any ideas?

Thanks btw lol i feel stupid now for not trying that out
If the palette corruption is only on the select screen, then don't worry... it happens with mame sometimes.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Who's gonna be playin this at NEC?? I may make the 9 hr drive...
REO and I will be there, maybe JamessMK and EdFig, hopefully LI Joe and Sweet Johnny Cage, I'll see who else is planning to go but there should be at least a dozen people in rotation.

THTB

So, I figured out that RetroArch Beta lives up to its name of being a beta lol, at least from initial testing. Gonna update this to see if the stable version (1.0.0.2) fares better with the mame.ini file.

Feel free to post any bugs or glitches you find once you have it up and running.
so I was fighting shao Kahn with noob and when I had him near the corner i did noob's hp,hp,lp, hk. Jk and rushed Kahn with lp's. Then Kahn did his losing pose for a few frames, hands in the air and screaming. It happed multiple times. Didn't matter which round.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
so I was fighting shao Kahn with noob and when I had him near the corner i did noob's hp,hp,lp, hk. Jk and rushed Kahn with lp's. Then Kahn did his losing pose for a few frames, hands in the air and screaming. It happed multiple times. Didn't matter which round.
I'll check this out right now, I think I know what the issue is.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK it definitely has something to do with the one jab push back of jabs in the corner which was added to give players an option to get out of the corner jab block string infinite. This is interesting because it applies to Shao Kahn and he might not have the exact same animation calls at regular characters for the situation. It might require a specific fix.

B W1zZ

Noob
I think we need to get a living mame/mamehub tutorial/setup thread going for the various ways to play this online, along with a TYM UMK3:TE player list/matchmaking thread. It would be so much easier if there was one agreed upon program/online method to use that is relatively simple to set up.