What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
is noob saibot in this rom? how i get?
To access Noob Saibot, select Classic Sub-zero and hold Back + LP + LK +BL +Run like you would using Robot Smoke to turn into Human Smoke.

Shang's morph to Noob must be done similarly to Kano's morph where you have to hit B, F+BL and the F+BL must be done very quickly or it doesn't work. I will see about increasing the buffer to perform this morph as it can be annoying.

I see some people are having trouble with the patch system? I'll also see if there's a way we can simplify this, I don't remember much trouble with MKII unless I'm wrong.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
To access Noob Saibot, select Classic Sub-zero and hold Back + LP + LK +BL +Run like you would using Robot Smoke to turn into Human Smoke.

Shang's morph to Noob must be done similarly to Kano's morph where you have to hit B, F+BL and the F+BL must be done very quickly or it doesn't work. I will see about increasing the buffer to perform this morph as it can be annoying.

I see some people are having trouble with the patch system? I'll also see if there's a way we can simplify this, I don't remember much trouble with MKII unless I'm wrong.
Maybe I'll make an updated patch document. It's not brain surgery or anything lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The beta looks awesome, much more fluid, i assume not all the changes are fully operational yet. i couldnt do force ball in the 5th hit

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Ahh the memories on this though...
All those infinites <3 ... wait, no

The beta looks awesome, much more fluid, i assume not all the changes are fully operational yet. i couldnt do force ball in the 5th hit
My bad, disabled after 4 hits... It's been a long week and these documents and updating the changelog take HOURS. There is bound to be errors and that is one, sorry!

AC1984

Kaballin!
Mine didnt work....the only thing that change is a couple of graphic glitches on select screen and Vs screen

Crathen

Death is my business
I ran the patch on the matching u54 and u63 files and I just get a CD Image missing when I run the game. The game runs before the patch.

Tried taking the two files out, patching them and putting them back in to the .zip to replace the originals. I get a CD Image missing error.

Tried running each patch on the .zip file directly, and then I get a file 122 missing error.
Yea now i'm having this same error , could it be the 0.156 mame version?I don't get it

@Konqrr

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yea now i'm having this same error , could it be the 0.156 mame version?I don't get it

@Konqrr
I've never used any version of mame past 119. I know they rearranged how mame reads MK games in later mame versions. But I don't know how to help you.

You cannot apply the patch to anything but the original Revision 1.2 roms that the corresponding patches go to.

Try getting it to run on the lowly mame32k64 emulator or even mameppk119 that others use to play online. Some mame versions require the full 26 files in the umk3.zip that has all MK3 and UMK3 files. This was my issue when trying to play online on mameppk119 and mamehub.

Last edited:

nwo

Noob
With versions newer than Mame32++ .119 I have to use one large file for UMK3. It's the old MK3 and UMK3 files extracted and zipped into one.

I wouldn't go as far as calling mameppk119 a thing of the past, it really does blow kaillera out of the water in p2p. I'm giving MAMEhub a chance, it seems to be good so far.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
With versions newer than Mame32++ .119 I have to use one large file for UMK3. It's the old MK3 and UMK3 files extracted and zipped into one.

I wouldn't go as far as calling mameppk119 a thing of the past, it really does blow kaillera out of the water in p2p. I'm giving MAMEhub a chance, it seems to be good so far.
I just meant that they've been around forever and are what we've used in the past that still work today.

Noob
I've never used any version of mame past 119. I know they rearranged how mame reads MK games in later mame versions. But I don't know how to help you.

You cannot apply the patch to anything but the original Revision 1.2 roms that the corresponding patches go to.

Try getting it to run on the lowly mame32k64 emulator or even mameppk119 that others use to play online. Some mame versions require the full 26 files in the umk3.zip that has all MK3 and UMK3 files. This was my issue when trying to play online on mameppk119 and mamehub.
@Crathen i suggest trying mamehub, but even if you don't, then mame also changed certain Roms, and umk3 was one of them.

In the past, to play umk3, you needed the mk3 rom as a "parent" rom. We have recently discovered that mame can read umk3 as its own parent rom as long as the files from mk3.zip and umk3.zip are all packaged into a single zip named umk3.zip.

This is known as the "26 file" umk3 that we keep talking about. It is also the file that is REQUIRED to be patched (the 10 file version won't work online) so you can play UMK3TE online via mameppk 119 and beyond(including mame 156).

PM me if you are looking for more information.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MAMEHub sucks donkey nuts for me, so I'm doing Mame++119 with Kaillera P2P. If anyone wants to test tomorrow, I can during the football games.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
No matter how many ways I forward port 6805 Mamehub tells me it is not open...I give up.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Great stuff!
Maybe the hacker can change the titlescreen like he did with umk2:te to something like this.
TE added ti the title screen is in the works, just hasn't been isolated yet. It'd probably have to be in game text though unless a way to replace graphics is found, however that does look awesome.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why can't we just MASS PM or even post the rom(s) for TE? UMK3:TE is a stand alone game/hack so wouldn't it be considered fair game to post publicly? It's not regular UMK3, and no one is profiting from the hack, so I'm not sure what the legal issue is. I'm not familiar with the copyright laws or anything, but specifically free patched/hacked versions of an existing game seem to me like it would be allowed.

It just seems way too difficult for people as is, even simply downloading the actual TE rom isn't ABC easy for some people who don't know much about computers.