What's new

UMK3 Strategy Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
UMK3 is deeper than most people give it credit for. On the surface it actually doesn't seem very deep, this is a misconception I see occur a little too often. While it could be much deeper, for the tools available to you in UMK3, it allows the game to be deep enough for it to take a good while before you become decent at it. There's a lot of strategy involved in UMK3, feel free to discuss anything regarding it here. You could even post videos asking what person X did wrong, and so on.

I$AAC

Noob
ok I've played this game once against obryant a long and took and it went 9-5 in oBryants favor. The game seems alot like ST in the fact that it's easy to pick up but hard to master. So whats the style of this game? Would it favor rushdown strategies (MVC2) or zone and punish (ST)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
ok I've played this game once against obryant a long and took and it went 9-5 in oBryants favor. The game seems alot like ST in the fact that it's easy to pick up but hard to master. So whats the style of this game? Would it favor rushdown strategies (MVC2) or zone and punish (ST)
Definitely favors rushdown. You have to be able to zone and punish too though, but you'll be rushing more than you'll be zoning. It depends on your style though. An expert at countering, zoning and punishing can defeat a rusher, it depends on how careless your opponent is. You'll basically need all styles at the highest levels.