What's new

UMK3 on xbox 360

do you guys think that UMK3 will have an impact on the XBLA like capcom's street fighter did from resent reports street fighter has sold more than any other game on the XBLA within the first 24 hours

Yes!!!

Cosidering that Classic Mortal kombats were just as big as stret fighter in their day if not bigger. (probably bigger, I remember more talk about MK than streetfighter back during the fighting game days in the 90s). So we should expect just as big a response!!!

dreemernj

Ambassador
It definately has the potential, I just hope it turns into a long term community. SF2 wasn't 'reintroduced' to the gaming community on XBLA. It never left. UMK3 has existed in small pockets, but its had only a tiny fraction of the fan following of SF2. Hopefully a competitive MK community will stick around in some numbers from this.

Derek

Noob
Hopefully it will be released next Wednesday, atleast that's what I'm expecting. Shock already annouced from a link I provided that it was possible that the game would be released in October. But I'm thinking that they'll release it next Wednesday because of MK:A coming out on the 9th. So it would only make sense to release it the day after considering that XBLA games are only released on Wednesdays.

Here's hoping :D

yes i to believe it will be out either monday or wednesday because both days they do updates honestly i wish they would hold it off for another week cause i just sent my 360 in to get fixed

Derek

Noob
ilovepoop said:
yes i to believe it will be out either monday or wednesday because both days they do updates honestly i wish they would hold it off for another week cause i just sent my 360 in to get fixed
Update just usually happen on Mondays but they're all over the place, but Live Arcade titles are only released on Wednesdays. Man, I don't know how other people's 360's break so easily, mine hasn't even frozen yet and I've had it since launch.

dreemernj

Ambassador
It's luck of the draw. I have a first generation PS2 that never had any of the problems associated with first gen PS2s. And there were quite a few problems with first gen PS2s.

Derek

Noob
dreemernj said:
It's luck of the draw. I have a first generation PS2 that never had any of the problems associated with first gen PS2s. And there were quite a few problems with first gen PS2s.
You've gotta be kidding me. I've had 5 PS2's. That's the only system I've ever had that broke. And I've been a gamer since my older brother gave me his Genesis when he got his PS1.

Anyway, if you plan on getting UMK3 for the 360 when it comes out, hit me up sometime. Granted I haven't played the game on a console for a long damn time so I'll probably suck. But my Gamertag is the samething it is on here, L SuGaR L, and no, I'm not a girl.

l SuGaR l said:
Update just usually happen on Mondays but they're all over the place, but Live Arcade titles are only released on Wednesdays. Man, I don't know how other people's 360's break so easily, mine hasn't even frozen yet and I've had it since launch.
i got my xbox on launch also i had to stand in front of best buy for 17 hours to get it....i am doing the same thing for my WII but anyways yeah i never had a problem with my system until i let my brother play on it i dont' know if he was doing something stupid it was working great but they the disc drive died on me

Also do u have a wired xbox 360 controller is so u can use it with many emulators and get used to the feel for it before the game comes out thats mainly why i started to play UMK3 but now im addicted i can't t stop playing

my gamertag is ilovepoop send me a friend request i'll hop my xbox 1 and accept it

I believe the common problem with PS2s were that the laser disc reader disaligns itself so it can not read DVDs just CDs.

DVD=moveis and ps2 games
CD=music discs and ps1 games

Because of this disalignment sony allowed one free 'repair' on every ps2. They did replace mine, not repair, same with a couple of friends. This happened again to the new ps2 I got but somehow it fixed itself and I was able to play ps2 games and DVD movies. A couple months later it depositioned again.

I've noticed that all ps2 games that came out in 2001 still work on a ps2 with a disaligned disc reader. It also plays some random DVDs

yeah that same thing happened to me they replaced my PS2 i think 5 times i got really mad and broke the last one on purpose and i haven't bothered with getting a new one

dreemernj

Ambassador
DAVE101 said:
I believe the common problem with PS2s were that the laser disc reader disaligns itself so it can not read DVDs just CDs.

DVD=moveis and ps2 games
CD=music discs and ps1 games

Because of this disalignment sony allowed one free 'repair' on every ps2. They did replace mine, not repair, same with a couple of friends. This happened again to the new ps2 I got but somehow it fixed itself and I was able to play ps2 games and DVD movies. A couple months later it depositioned again.

I've noticed that all ps2 games that came out in 2001 still work on a ps2 with a disaligned disc reader. It also plays some random DVDs
Yeah that was part of it. Even when the DVD drive was working correctly, first gen PS2's could still mess up playing DVD's. They often had terrible artifacting.

Similarly, when Xbox first came out the drives they used failed miserably. I remember back when XBL started gaining attention not long after Xbox came out, tons of people started getting dirty disc errors because the DVD drives would mess up and incorrectly read the discs. They usually still worked fine offline, but for whatever reason they would make XBL not work. And at least for the first batch that came out, M$ didn't want to replace anything :-(

dreemernj said:
Yeah that was part of it. Even when the DVD drive was working correctly, first gen PS2's could still mess up playing DVD's. They often had terrible artifacting.

Similarly, when Xbox first came out the drives they used failed miserably. I remember back when XBL started gaining attention not long after Xbox came out, tons of people started getting dirty disc errors because the DVD drives would mess up and incorrectly read the discs. They usually still worked fine offline, but for whatever reason they would make XBL not work. And at least for the first batch that came out, M$ didn't want to replace anything :-(

I had this problem whenever i was really into tetris worlds online at one point i was ranked #3 on tetris square knock out but after i played like 500 hours on tetris all my disc would not work online then i eventually stopped playing tetris and started playing rainbow six 3 after i got about 1000 hours on that it would stop reading my FPS disc but all my other disc would work like my fighting games and such

please remember this time coarse was over a 3 or 4 year time