What's new

UMK3 on PS3 a bad port?

Eternal

Noob
Tim Static said on TYM.com "Its just slow, input lag, drops frames, etc. It feels like playing online when your offline. BAD."

I have mkak on ps3 but I haven't played it at all really... So, people that played umk3 at Season's Beatings, is the game really that bad?

NoDoubt

nasty
It kinda feels like umk3 xbl 2006 offline. Inputs are slightly delayed and it just feels slower.

Hanzo made a video on youtube showing speed differences between Mame and ps3 AK I forgot the link, but im not sure if the GAME is actually "slower" or the inputs are delayed causing the characters to move at a different rate than Mame one.

Aside from that, both AK kollections have sound glitches, and other bugs I cant remember. The offline for AK on xbox console feels pretty damn smooth from my experience. But it has the same sound/picture/ect glitches from ps3 as well.

If the controllers were wired right for the arcade cabinet, I would have loved playing on that instead. I mean, whats more legit than the cab lol.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Xbox MKAK is the best. I have PS3 and i can say that the frame rate jumps randomly from slower to faster. It just feels dumb...I'll prolly get an xbox soon. By far imo mame 119 is the best port of UMk3.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yea its true. Offline feels like online. its awful.

btw nothing beats a cab for gameplay....

...at least a cab wired up right lol