What's new

UMK3 on Genesis

x099x

Noob
This Friday I'm going to be participating in an UMK3 tournament on the sega genesis at a game store in my area. I consider myself a moderate to advanced player and have been playing on XBL since it came out, but know pretty much nothing about the Genesis version. Are there any ridiculous combos/tactics I should be aware of before I enter the tournament?

I still have my Sega Genesis just for UMK3. My main tip is Human Smoke is the same as Scorpion just faster. Meaning no popup combo.

x099x

Noob
That's really good to know, especially since I usually play with H Smoke. I'm really hoping that they'll ban Noob and Rain but if they don't what is the infinite for Noob in the Genesis version? I know Rain has an infinite where you can just keep using his lightning.. which is ridiculous

^ha you don't even have to do that. Just spam lightning. You'd think that would have been something they picked up before releasing the game but...
I'm assuming noob and rain are going to be off limits. If not that will just be ridiculous.

I've played the genesis version quite a bit and it's a bit harder to juggle in it than the arcade version. Keep that in mind, it may sometimes be better to go the easier/less damage route than try for a difficult high damage combo. For instance, when using ermac sometimes when you go for a jump kick to teleport punch, it does this weird thing where it doesnt hit where it would in the arcade version and lands you funny. I don't really know how to explain it well...

I probably explained that kind of crappy, but if you've played the genesis version you probably know what I'm talking about. If you havent played it in a while I'd suggest playing checking it out for yourself.