What's new

UMK3 Noob Combo

dreemernj

Ambassador
Kaiba said:
Check out this unblockable Noob combo. Its a variation with good timing for the disabler. Apparently on the SNES port a teleport slam, shadow throw, disabler counts as one hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOWfz4G_j3k
It doesn't look like they are counting as one hit. Noob did a teleport slam and after he did the noob-throw, but cyrax hit the ground in between which resets the combo meter and should let him block. After that Noob did the disabler but again Cyrax hit the ground between moves, resetting the meter and allowing a block.

Then there's an autocombo, after which Cyrax hits the ground and there's another Noob-throw, and you see the combo meter read out for the autocombo since it broke before the Noob-throw.

It's possible through the sheer brokenness of UMK3 for SNES that those things weren't blockable, but that would be a much worse game break than UMK3 for SNES is usually guilty of.

Kaiba

Noob
UMK3 on the SNES has a very weird property where inbetween the falling to the ground after a teleport slam. When the fall to the ground occurs, the block button does not work for the opponet when he falls until his "get-up" animation starts. Which is why its unblockable.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Ok, just gave it a try. As soon as they touch the ground after the bounce from the teleport slam they actually can block again. They don't have to wait until they start to get up. They can actually block before they lay down completely.

But that doesn't matter cause the noob-throw always breaks combos, even if you catch them in air with it where there is 100% no chance of them blocking.

So the teleport slam starts a combo, the noob-throw breaks it and doesn't count as a hit in a combo, and then the disabler starts a new combo. You can get at least 3 hits before the noob-throw so there must be a midscreen infinite exploiting this right? Has someone ever made one? I am extremely forgetful and wouldn't remember if someone did, lol.

Something like teleport slam, aaHP, noob-throw, aahp repeat.

Derek

Noob
I think there was a mid-screen infinite in Dave101's PSX MKT vid. Some one should make example videos of Rain and Noob's infinite combos.

I have gotten it unblockable. In the video the disable was blockable the first time, the second time you can tell it was unblockable because cyrax fell down after the disabler hit him, which means he was actually in air.

REGARDLESS, even if the whole combo is completely unblockable, you can still escape while you are disabled.

dreemernj said:
...there must be a midscreen infinite exploiting this right? Has someone ever made one? I am extremely forgetful and wouldn't remember if someone did, lol.

Something like teleport slam, aaHP, noob-throw, aahp repeat.
I am bad at whiffing sarcasm over the internet, just in case though, yes that's an inf because it breaks the combo meter.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Ok, I wasn't sure if it was doable in SNES UMK3. I can't stand playing it so I didn't feel like trying too hard to get anything.