What's new

UMK3 Multi Character Mode

iammud

Noob
I've been toying with writing an add-on for umk3 1.2 that would allow you to choose 3 characters per match, and use 1 character per round.

Before I spend a ton of time finishing something like this, I want to know, is this something you guys would use? There's no damn point in making something awesome if no one is going to use it. So lmk, otherwise it's going in the bin.

iammud

Noob
It's totally possible. You can already do it online in mame using the cheat.dat. This is the same idea as that, only more controlled.

iammud

Noob
3 Yeses for 80 views; not looking too good for this mod.

iSwampy said:
could it be possible to switch between characters by pressing a button as an add-on?
No. Not with the method I'm using.

X820

Noob
I'm not warmed up yet to the concept like we discussed on AIM before.

But, I'm always in favour of making the games we play more interesting, anything that gets players going.

You have my +1.

iammud

Noob
OJuggernaut0 said:
You mean like 3v3 that MKT has?
MK:T has 3v3? I've seem to have missed this.

As I stated, you'd choose 3 characters, and you'd get 1 character per round. If you only fight 2 rounds, you only get 2 characters.

I'm thinking about doing a mode where every round the characters are randomly selected. Or a mode where you can select the other player's character. There's quite a bit of weird stuff that can be done with this.

Almost anything you can do with the cheat.dat can be applied to this. I'm simply changing the game the same way the cheat.dat would. I should add too that YES the cheat.dat is totally usable online, you just have to know how to use it.