What's new

UMK3/MKT/UMK3:TE Match Videos and Links

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
33 second mark. @Shock is a blocked sweep punishable by spear offline?!
Sure is, there's no difference in the frame data on or offline. The window is a few frames and distance is a factor in how many frames you have to get it. I should add that Kano, Sonya, and Jax I believe are not punishable on blocked sweep by a Harpoon, I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Sure is, there's no difference in the frame data on or offline. The window is a few frames and distance is a factor in how many frames you have to get it.
Holy crap, had no idea. I know whiff is punishable. I thought maybe a few frames online delay from the sweeper to hitting block caused it. Good to know!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Holy crap, had no idea. I know whiff is punishable. I thought maybe a few frames online delay from the sweeper to hitting block caused it. Good to know!
Yeah I'm pretty sure the math isn't there for Sonya Kano and Jax though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the math isn't there for Sonya Kano and Jax though.
It's hilarious you say that! When I read your first response, my first thought immediately after was "I bet it doesn't work with Sonya and Kano though". I forgot about Jax having that fast Recovery too

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah the harpoon start up to point blank hit is something like 11 frames after button press, and the recovery on the blocked sweep is around 16 frames vs block stun of like ~8 so there's maybe a 3 frame difference or as low as 1. Robot sweep recovery is ~22?

MKK hanzo

33 second mark. @Shock is a blocked sweep punishable by spear offline?!
Sorry for the late and double post, my 2 cents:

ALL SWEEPS in the game are punishable on block by: Nightwolf Shadow Shoulder (harder to do on Jax/Kano/Sonya if you dont have round priority 1f, you have to be REALLY close and block the sweep very meaty) Kano Up Ball (again, REAL close) and Charge Ball (glitching the recovery of the opponent) and Mileenas Roll (easier). I believe also Ninjas Slides can punish those fuckers BUT SOnya makes them whiff sometimes XD

In a tourney here I watched a Sonya Sweep punished on block by a Sheeva Uppercutt, here is the vid and time stamp.Its TOTALLY DOABLE but dependant on round priority and blocking the sweep close and meaty ( link here look at 1:14 )

All except Jax, Kano and Sonya
sweeps are punishable by: Ninja Spears (maybe the hardest one), Liu Kang Fly Kick, Kano´s Knife Upper, Ermac Tlk Slam (hardest maybe), Styker Riot Gun (very frame/position sensitive), Robo Smoke Spear, and I remember blocking VERY close to the opponent and spinning his ass with Kung Lao.

All Standing far Lks and Hks on block are punishable by ALL fast specials above mentioned PLUS some others more like Gotcha Grab and Dash Punch of Jax, Leg Grab by Sonya, Green Kick by Jade, Kano Choke Hold, U Sub frontal Ice, SIndel Scream (hard), Striker Baton Dash. Ermac Tlk Slam punish is distance dependant so its not that good (but sometimes worth the risk to get that 60%+ damage).

Kabal cant punish any normal on block with any of his specials, only with normals and special conditions are required (THANKS GOD)

Sorry for the late and double post, my 2 cents:

ALL SWEEPS in the game are punishable on block by: Nightwolf Shadow Shoulder (harder to do on Jax/Kano/Sonya if you dont have round priority 1f, you have to be REALLY close and block the sweep very meaty) Kano Up Ball (again, REAL close) and Charge Ball (glitching the recovery of the opponent) and Mileenas Roll (easier). I believe also Ninjas Slides can punish those fuckers BUT SOnya makes them whiff sometimes XD

In a tourney here I watched a Sonya Sweep punished on block by a Sheeva Uppercutt, here is the vid and time stamp.Its TOTALLY DOABLE but dependant on round priority and blocking the sweep close and meaty ( link here look at 1:14 )

All except Jax, Kano and Sonya
sweeps are punishable by: Ninja Spears (maybe the hardest one), Liu Kang Fly Kick, Kano´s Knife Upper, Ermac Tlk Slam (hardest maybe), Styker Riot Gun (very frame/position sensitive), Robo Smoke Spear, and I remember blocking VERY close to the opponent and spinning his ass with Kung Lao.

All Standing far Lks and Hks on block are punishable by ALL fast specials above mentioned PLUS some others more like Gotcha Grab and Dash Punch of Jax, Leg Grab by Sonya, Green Kick by Jade, Kano Choke Hold, U Sub frontal Ice, SIndel Scream (hard), Striker Baton Dash. Ermac Tlk Slam punish is distance dependant so its not that good (but sometimes worth the risk to get that 60%+ damage).

Kabal cant punish any normal on block with any of his specials, only with normals and special conditions are required (THANKS GOD)
GOOD STUFF. That's the kind of knowledge I love reading about.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
How come no one uses the PS1 version of MKT? I discovered a technique to almost nullify the loading times and I don't know if anyone else knows about this. Set the PS1 emulator framerate to unlimited or maximum which is 1000. Go into your graphics card settings and turn on VSYNC make sure its 60FPS. Voila almost no more loading times. It still spikes a little when using Shang Tsung's morphs unfortunately.

How come no one uses the PS1 version of MKT? I discovered a technique to almost nullify the loading times and I don't know if anyone else knows about this. Set the PS1 emulator framerate to unlimited or maximum which is 1000. Go into your graphics card settings and turn on VSYNC make sure its 60FPS. Voila almost no more loading times. It still spikes a little when using Shang Tsung's morphs unfortunately.
Is there a psx emulator that supports online play?

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Is there a psx emulator that supports online play?
Hmm I think EPSXE had something. I forgot most of these are online. I don't know if the trick works when playing online but it's a nice little bonus if playing locally.

Old recording of me playing Arcade mode. No edits were made to cut the loading time. This is my speedhack working.

Last edited:
Hmm I think EPSXE had something. I forgot most of these are online. I don't know if the trick works when playing online but it's a nice little bonus if playing locally.

Old recording of me playing Arcade mode. No edits were made to cut the loading time. This is my speedhack working.

cool! almost the same effect as just playing on the PC. PC is just a port of the PSX version I believe. You can "hack" in Shao Kahn doing round announcements on the PC version, at the expense of background music.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
cool! almost the same effect as just playing on the PC. PC is just a port of the PSX version I believe. You can "hack" in Shao Kahn doing round announcements on the PC version, at the expense of background music.
The PSX version is easier to work with for tournament and you can stretch the resolution. I wish someone would hack things into the PSX version like the round announcements, finish him music loops, higher resolution sprites etc. Just little improvements to the game.

I use PCSXR now which seems to have better sound quality and better emulation. I don't get the music drop glitch like in the video when I blocked Goro's fireball. Also visual effects look better in some other games. Lighting effects and colors are more vibrant and accurately rendered.

Also forgot the PSX version has a little cool quirk if you beat the game with an original MK3 character. Beat the hardest tower for the full treasure list. Go passed the last treasure like I did and select it. You get the original full artwork endings from MK3.

Last edited:

MKK hanzo

The PSX version is easier to work with for tournament and you can stretch the resolution. I wish someone would hack things into the PSX version like the round announcements, finish him music loops, higher resolution sprites etc. Just little improvements to the game.

I use PCSXR now which seems to have better sound quality and better emulation. I don't get the music drop glitch like in the video when I blocked Goro's fireball. Also visual effects look better in some other games. Lighting effects and colors are more vibrant and accurately rendered.

Also forgot the PSX version has a little cool quirk if you beat the game with an original MK3 character. Beat the hardest tower for the full treasure list. Go passed the last treasure like I did and select it. You get the original full artwork endings from MK3.
I use PCSX on Old Xbox and is a breeze to set up! And if you unlock the framelimit the loadtimes get cut ALMOST like MKT n64!

Check this when you can with the description. Sadly the MK1-3 versions available are the ones of the MAT version, so all the speed and differences are there and also no umk3. Anyone with programming skills that have messed with the MAT files? @nwo ?

ON TOPIC:

FT 10 vs ns LowKey (AWESOME player!!)

Annnnd an exhausting ft30 (1 hour footage, beware) with him again wich ended unexpectedly! REAL CLOSE results XD GGS FRIEND!!!

Mgo

Noob
I want to ask to all the players that post here (mostly of you that play online) what are actually the best options to play online UMK3 Arcade or , the differences they have. If you can do a ranking better.

*UMK3 MAME 32K 0.64 (KAILLERA/P2P)
*UMK3 MAME 119++ (KAILLERA/P2P)
*UMK3 XBOX 360 2006
*UMK3 MKAK PC
*UMK3 MKAK XBOX 360
*UMK3 MKAK PS3
*UMK3 MAMEHUB (THIS IS STILL PLAYABLE?)
*UMK3 RETROIDNETPLAY/ RETROARCH
P.S *UMK3 PROTOTYPE/FIGHTCADE (FINAL BURN ALPHA)I HEARD THIS CAN BE POSSIBLE IN FUTURE

MKK hanzo

That is a good idea, but on another thread, maybe with the title "player database and system of choice" or systm available IDK?

I want to ask to all the players that post here (mostly of you that play online) what are actually the best options to play online UMK3 Arcade or , the differences they have. If you can do a ranking better.

*UMK3 MAME 32K 0.64 (KAILLERA/P2P)
*UMK3 MAME 119++ (KAILLERA/P2P)
*UMK3 XBOX 360 2006
*UMK3 MKAK PC
*UMK3 MKAK XBOX 360
*UMK3 MKAK PS3
*UMK3 MAMEHUB (THIS IS STILL PLAYABLE?)
*UMK3 RETROIDNETPLAY/ RETROARCH
P.S *UMK3 PROTOTYPE/FIGHTCADE (FINAL BURN ALPHA)I HEARD THIS CAN BE POSSIBLE IN FUTURE
MAME32k ++ 119 (@nwo did great work with a custom build) P2P
Mame 32k ++ 119 kailerra
XBL 06
MKAK xb360
MAMEhub if still playable
MKAK psn
MKAK steam

Reactions: Mgo

ded

Elder God
MKAK on PS3 has a terrible delay, even offline. Xbox360 version is quite better, but the online is fucked up. PC version's input is the most accurate, however, you will have to edit the .ini file for using all kbd buttons, as some are disabled from the options menu.

Mame 0.64k has least button lost online. For offline plays, 119 multikbd is the one that i use.

I never played the xbla version online, but offline the game feels really good.