What's new

UMK3 mini tutorial video (runjabs)

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I don't know if there's a thread for these things, sorry if this is the wrong place to post it. Feel free to move it :)

I am doing some mini tutorial videos and I wanted to share with you guys. Hope anyone finds it helpful/useful

This one is for runjabs and I wanted to do it focusing on theory for someone who maybe hasn't gotten into the game yet. In other words, someone without experience.

Anyway, here it is

My next videos will be antirunjabs, kara jabbing and defense jabbing (its better that everyone gets exposed to that so no one "fears" them anymore jeje IMO).

You guys should check out Hanzo's tutorials. They're great and they go right to the action. I saw a thread over at umk.com with those videos. Great stuff

NoDoubt

nasty
nice. id prob say runjabs are key in high level gameplay and i notice lotsa people dont do them right at all lol.

the ultimatemk guides are sick but i dont think they have videos like this that demonstrate proper technique in gameplay. Its mainly just combo videos and punisher examples...which cant be done without the shit your showin firstt

for me personally, in the corner I prefer to never cancel into a combo until opponent slips and stops blocking to cancel into combo. Its much easier if you stand about a cm. (i cant decipher spacing in the video game lol) or not completely against him in the corner. Give a small distance and jab cuz if he lets go of block any time, the collision from the jabs smacks him and its much more noticeable and harder for him to press block again. If you stand too close up against him he can prob get in a toe tap or w/e and ruin it. Just something iv been doin more

NinjaGrinder

Oh yeah you're absolytelly right. The patterns in the video aren't the ones people are supposed to do everytime. The video is focused mainly in the technique and as I said "finding your own rhythm". thx for your input, man (Y)

ded

Elder God
good job man! maybe some key inputs (some mame version supports it) display too for the future ones like karajabs, corner jabs, colombia sux, rzp blows and etc ?

NinjaGrinder

Oh that sounds good, I recorded with mame+GUI -something jajaja how do I activate the input display?

u suck too ^^