What's new

UMK3 Method of Choice

Hey first post. first off im a huge MK fan especially UMK3, and have been playing since age 8 at least but never could find anyone to talk to who was as dedicated as myself or my brother. Most people just knew the game, but didn't take it as seriously, so finding this site is really awesome for me.

anyways just wondering what everybody's ideal method of playing UMK3 is. I personally like Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the N64 most, because i swear its faster than even Arcade, and something about the stick and block button location is very comfortable for me. No unmasked Sub-Zero is sad though. :( I usually play with my brother, but hard AI on Champion mode isn't half bad. I also like UMK3 on MAME for the visuals and audio, but once again, i swear MKT is faster. For online i used ZBattle/ZSnes but the lag really hindered my gameplay and fun, so i mostly stick with what ive been doing. And no arcades near where i live, and only one with UMK3 is in the back room of some hotel where nobody actually plays games.

ded

Elder God
mkt n64 is really faster but its the worst mkt ever, play pc or psx if you are a mkt fan

ive got the playstation version and an equal amount of hours have gone into it, and i know the sound and frameskipping on the N64 one are inexcusable, but that stick is just so comfortable with me. plus, i love the no load times. :D

you´re like me, in fact i like more N64 version than Psx version, off course the psx version is the best ( it´s just like my fav game....UMK3) but the speed of N64 it´s what i love, other thing is the gameplay (reallyyyyyyyy different to each other) my fav char is Human Smoke, Subzero (ok, this subzero are so good, but the umk3 version sucks:p) we´re here in venezuela in the arcade roms there are some UMK3 arcades but noone play anymore ( at least not like before, im talking about 6 or 7 years ago) so, that´s guy we bought our own arcades ( talking with some arcades roms and ask about to sale their umk3 arcades) and call to the old fighters, and now after 7 years now we always play 8 or 10 peoples everyweek, so sad that is not like before, but the match level is very high in compare with 7 years ago...so sad that there are no good ways to play online with no lag...:( uh almost forgot, welcome to ultimatemk ^_^

yeah basically i can agree with everything you said, and it is really sad. just makes you want to build a time machine.

I'll have to suggest an xbox360. Online leaderboards and the ability to play against the best players in the word (the guys from ultimatemk.com).

UltImaTe GTA said:
I'll have to suggest an xbox360. Online leaderboards and the ability to play against the best players in the word (the guys from ultimatemk.com).
yeap, but so sad that here in venezuela xbox 360 not everybody have it, and the places where you can play games they no have xbox 360 connected to internet :( i would like to play against some peopels from eeuu and others places but ... this is why we cant:(