What's new

UMK3 MAME weekly gathering

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
Hi fellow players, I’d like to organize a weekly gathering on MAME/Kaillera on the Mortal Kombat WaveNet server located in Chicago. Most US players should be able to get a decent ping there.

I was thinking either a week evening, Friday-Saturday late night (ET) or maybe Saturday/Sunday at like 3pm ET.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Reactions: nwo

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I never tried the MAME version(on my own) at my friend's house yes, he had it. But now I have my own laptop, is it really large file to download? Also, I can use wired xbox one controller?

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
I never tried the MAME version(on my own) at my friend's house yes, he had it. But now I have my own laptop, is it really large file to download? Also, I can use wired xbox one controller?
It’s quite a small download, you can get everything under 35mb!
Really easy to run even on an outdated cheap laptop!

MKF30

It’s quite a small download, you can get everything under 35mb!
Really easy to run even on an outdated cheap laptop!
Oh sweet, thanks for the info appreciate it!

I just remembered something too, I think I saw a SNES made for PC controller that should work too for any PC game right? That was my fav controller like ever lol.

MKF30

If you like using the snes controller as I do when I’m not on my stick, you will prefer a SNES to USB adapter, avoid using any 3rd party snes controllers, they are garbage compared to the original and you will instantly get disappointed if you are used to a real one.
Good to know, so there is a licensed SNES usb one then, that's cool. I'll have to check Amazon and Ebay for sure, yeah I'm not a fan of third party controllers in general. I used to use or I tried Madcatz for the 360 for UMK3, no joke I went through 4 broke within a year I was like ok, not giving anymore money to them, their controllers are crap. So I definitely appreciate the tip.