What's new

UMK3 Kombo Thread

RollTide8569 said:
Edit: check this out i made it earlier, i started it w/ HPHP, HP

the first video i made of the combo was shit, so i remade it.....enjoy

i always see ded_ go for the HP, HPHP dash so i wanted to make a video showing HPHP, HP. But ded_'s way is easier to do in a match

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Finally got MAME working and I have a ps2 controller with a USB adapter. w00t. I'm so used to the shitty 360 pads this is a breath of fresh air. I will say...you really have to press the directional pad on the PS2 controller. Feels kinda stiff and I can barely get Kung's spin out. Oh well, on to different combos...

Working on Reptile's infinite. Now, I can usually HPHP Dash without too much effort. What I'm struggling with is the HPHP HP dash on male ninjas. It's really a thorn in my side. I read somewhere that you want to throw out your first HP's whilst the opponent is at the height of his fall. But I tend to whiff the first HP if I do that (I do take a tiny step in once the forceball connects). If I wait for the opponent to fall a bit more I can get the HPHP HP in but I must be cancelling into the dash all wrong. Either I go too fast and the dash doesn't even come out, or I get the dash but I pass my opponent just a frame too late to volley. UGH.

^ do HPHP then walk forward and do a MEATY or EARLY HP and it takes a second to connect, so while your waiting hold back then press forward low kick right when the punch connects and you have a perfect dash

the 3rd punch should not connect right away like the first two HP's. does that make sense?

thanks for reviving my thread man lol

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Makes perfect sense. I'm home for the weekend so I'll get cracking on it right now, see what happens. I can't even do the Jax variation, ha.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Shit I got my first two consecutive volleys against a ninja. Now I have to get it consistent and then it's on to three.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I'm sure I'm not the only one...

It seems that every time I get those HPs at just the right height and cancel into the dash I run into the corner. I get so into it that I lose track of where I am on the arena.

He Is Close

The Puppet Master
Not my best combos and yes I know I did the GE blockable but it can be done this way unblockable. I just threw this video together out of boredom. Thanx v2 for the Flight cancel help.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AGaBjl1DG2c?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ

I accidentally pulled off Reptile's lpHPHP infinite off a grounded forceball and I didn't even know you could do that. I did it again in MAME. I tried recording it three times and my computer shut down each time because...well, my computer hates Hypercam and it hates me. Whatever.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Derek said:
LPLPHP works as a inf on U. Sub, Jax, Stryker, Sindel, AND MALE NINJAS(just has to be perfectly timed on them)!
Off a single forceball? It would make sense, those are characters where the chain punch needs to start right as they're passing through you. Seems to be perfectly placed. Now I know what to do if I catch somebody with a close fast forceball.