What's new

UMK3 Kombo Thread

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Br0ken said:
Shang Tsung - Ground eruptions, morph to nightwolf, hatchet, hatchet, hatchet, run in lp, hatchet, shoulderram

Nightwolf's crossover - hp, hk, hp, hp, lp, hatchet, hatchet, hatchet, hk

Human Smoke - Tp punisher - aahp, aahp, jk, teleport, spear, hk, hp, lp, hp, jk, airthrow

Kano corner trap combo - dive in hp, hp, hp, d+lp, jk, lp, shakegrab, cannonball

Stryker - dive in, hp, hk, hp, hp, lp, gun, run in aahp, gun, run in aahp, gun (when in corner) jk, lp, gun (repeat inf)

Jax - hk, hk, d+ hp, hp, Block, lp, sweep (unblockable)

First combo listed here for Shang is great. Tough to pull off for me, but it's a keeper.

RollTide8569 said:
I would if he didn't delete me 3 months ago for no reason. Alot off ppl delete me for no reason, i don't understand why but don't give a damn either lol. But Paradox invited him in the room the other day and his name is now ShapeShifter or some shit.
AShapeShifter is ETSigma/mastatimmyboy

BO0MCHAKALAKA said:
Human Smoke
LK, LP, JK,Teleport Punch, Spear, LK, LP, JK, Sweep(50%)-UNBLOCKABLE-
It says 50% but idk the actual damage.(Mid Screen)
You can get some more damage very easily from that combo. Start it off the same, but it finish it differently, like this: [HK -> LP, JK, Teleport Punch, Spear, Down + LK -> Down + LP -> Down + HP, Walk in aaHP, JK -> Airthrow]

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
OJuggernaut0 said:
You can get some more damage very easily from that combo. Start it off the same, but it finish it differently, like this: [HK -> LP, JK, Teleport Punch, Spear, Down + LK -> Down + LP -> Down + HP, Walk in run burst/step - aaHP - run cancel, JK -> Airthrow]
Better add that or he'll wonder what the hell he's doing wrong.

iammud

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
It most definitely works, I wish I knew how to make a video with Mame.
HKaillera is the easiest way to get it recorded and on video, but that version of MAME/Kaillera is hard to find. (if anyone has a direct link to this, or has the .zip, PLEASE message it to me as I'd like to add it to the mame/kaillera downloads list in the general)

Your alternative is to create an inp with any version of mame, and use something like Snagit or Camtasia. If you wish to save online games to .inp, use the Nov P2P Client, or run your video out to another computer that's recording.

Now no more excuses! :laugh:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
mud said:
HKaillera is the easiest way to get it recorded and on video, but that version of MAME/Kaillera is hard to find. (if anyone has a direct link to this, or has the .zip, PLEASE message it to me as I'd like to add it to the mame/kaillera downloads list in the general)

Your alternative is to create an inp with any version of mame, and use something like Snagit or Camtasia. If you wish to save online games to .inp, use the Nov P2P Client, or run your video out to another computer that's recording.

Now no more excuses! :laugh:
hmm okay I can try that. Probably have my gf's comp record and me play.

Ram23

Noob
1) Scorpion's punisher - aaHPx2, JK, Teleport, Spear, Auto-combo
2) Jax's big corner juggles after his auto-combo
3) Any variations of Kung Lao's cross screen inf
4) Reptile's inf on Jax, Sub, Sindel, Ninjas, Stryker and 2 dashing punches juggles
5) Stryker's semi-inf and corner inf
6) Nightwolf's juggle after his auto-combo - Auto-Combo, Hatcher, HP, Hatchet, Shoulderram
7) Any relaunchers
8) Cyrax's juggles without bombs
9) Sub's combos with GC
10) Shang's GE infinite

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Ram said:
1) Scorpion's punisher - aaHPx2, JK, Teleport, Spear, Auto-combo
2) Jax's big corner juggles after his auto-combo
4) Reptile's inf on Jax, Sub, Sindel, Ninjas, Stryker and 2 dashing punches juggles
5) Stryker's semi-inf and corner inf
6) Nightwolf's juggle after his auto-combo - Auto-Combo, Hatcher, HP, Hatchet, Shoulderram
7) Any relaunchers
8) Cyrax's juggles without bombs
9) Sub's combos with GC
10) Shang's GE infinite
Your favorites?

MaDWaK

Noob
so umm how do you get more than 2 hatchets off after the AC with NW. is it a timing thing or a run burst thing.

MaDWaK said:
so umm how do you get more than 2 hatchets off after the AC with NW. is it a timing thing or a run burst thing.
After the 2nd axe, hold Run and press down, hold forward to Run, then LET GO OF RUN and press HP and u get a run axe. You can practice all of what I said without the combo to learn the timing. Thats how i learned it. The number of axes you can get depends on what character it is.

OJuggernaut0 said:
You can get some more damage very easily from that combo. Start it off the same, but it finish it differently, like this: [HK -> LP, JK, Teleport Punch, Spear, Down + LK -> Down + LP -> Down + HP, Walk in aaHP, JK -> Airthrow]
omg dude thanks so much that combo helped me, nice add lol. Yo juggernaut do you have xbox live? maybe we can play some games

1. Relaunchers
2. [Ermac] [near the corner] aaRH, aaRH, TKS, aaRH, aaRH, TKS, aaRH - 100%
3. Lao's Spinfinites
Ram said:
5. [Ermac] [near the corner] aaHPHP, SUJK, TP, TKS, aaHPHP, JK, RH, HK
6. [hSmoke] [near the corner] aaHPHP, SUJK, TP, Spear, 3-hit combo, JK, RH, HK
7. [hSmoke] [midscreen] JPS, HK, LP, deep JK, Spear, 3-hit combo, aaHPHP, HK
8. [hSmoke] [near the corner] JPS, HK, LP, deep JK, Spear, 3-hit combo, JK, RH, HK
9. [Cyrax] [In the corner] 2x close bomb, 6-hit combo, aaHPHP, air throw

He Is Close

The Puppet Master
Reptile: his regular dash combo takes pure skills, his infinite pattern is True, but lphphp will make even a Camel piss/pour himself...what a rush!

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I can land the 77% corner juggle as Jax against the robots but for any other character I leave out the dash and go straight for standing HP > grab. Usually by that time if the person is in the corner that combo ends the match anyhow but if anybody can help me land it on other characters, give me a shout.

Also can't perform Kung Lao's cross screen or Reptile's dash for the life of me. With Reptile I can get 2 volleys max on Jax and 1 on male ninjas.

FatalTragedy said:
I can land the 77% corner juggle as Jax against the robots but for any other character I leave out the dash and go straight for standing HP > grab. Usually by that time if the person is in the corner that combo ends the match anyhow but if anybody can help me land it on other characters, give me a shout.

watch this vid it helps

He Is Close said:
Reptile: his regular dash combo takes pure skills, his infinite pattern is True, but lphphp will make even a Camel piss/pour himself...what a rush
Rep's juggles are tight as hell. but there are 3 things i mess it up w/ sometimes that i need to correct: 1. pushin punch buttons while he's still dashin 2. cancel punch to dash way too early and 3. pressing the run button, i catch myself sometimes pushing run right b4 dash and there is no need for the run button to be pressed at all after 3rd punch.

He Is Close

The Puppet Master
Yeah tide I do 1.&2. but what kills me more than anything is what me and HSB Skills agreed on some time ago, which is once I hit someone with a pop up or catch them in a stream of green orbs, I always freeze up and tell myself, "OMG,OMG,OMG, Im going to get to do it, Im going to get to DO IT". FAIL

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Damn Roll. I didn't know it could be done on everybody. Looked like a lp was used after the grab on Stryker. I'll have to practice it with more offbeat opponents.

fast forward to 1:20 to see jax combo in a match

@He is Close: If i start thinkin "i got this" i fail also. I do better by clearin my head and just let it happen. It is what it is. I think i had a lil bit of luck on my side the 3 times i did the whole combo online, but I was also playin on a perfect connection. Lag + Reptile = :'(

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Really could use help with Kung Lao's midscreener with no spins. Is it best to spin, walk under and perform a standing HP and then jump into the combo or should I be spinning and then jumping straight in?

FatalTragedy said:
Really could use help with Kung Lao's midscreener with no spins. Is it best to spin, walk under and perform a standing HP and then jump into the combo or should I be spinning and then jumping straight in?
you can do it either way i believe, but its easier to just spin, JP, wiff dive to HP, JP, wiff dive. does that make sense?

i cant do the whole infinite unless i get some spins in. Im not great at HP, JP wiff dive but i can get a few of em

maybe somebody else can help you................any volunteers?

Edit: check this out i made it earlier, i started it w/ HPHP, HP

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
FatalTragedy said:
It's sometimes easy to lose height while juggling if you run in with the aaHP just because of the short distance you have to cover. (as opposed to landing and right away aaHP after a dive whiff) I recommend doing spin to JP, dive whiff, aaHP cancelled, JP, repeat on everyone except Jax and Stryker. For the bigger characters (Jax, Stryker, male ninjas) it's fairly easy to run in and do 2 aaHPs to a JP for the infinite, without losing the height that you could with just one aaHP on other characters.

Watch as the infinite begins where Lao spins out of the corner. Study the movement like a simple step by step procedure and replicate. Remember to CANCEL the aaHP with run/block. It makes all the difference in the world for timing and smooth juggling.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Dreamcatcher said:
It's sometimes easy to lose height while juggling if you run in with the aaHP just because of the short distance you have to cover. (as opposed to landing and right away aaHP after a dive whiff) I recommend doing spin to JP, dive whiff, aaHP cancelled, JP, repeat on everyone except Jax and Stryker. For the bigger characters (Jax, Stryker, male ninjas) it's fairly easy to run in and do 2 aaHPs to a JP for the infinite, without losing the height that you could with just one aaHP on other characters.

Watch as the infinite begins where Lao spins out of the corner. Study the movement like a simple step by step procedure and replicate. Remember to CANCEL the aaHP with run/block. It makes all the difference in the world for timing and smooth juggling.

I dcon't know why but I never though to run cancel during that combo. I'm going to give that a shot after work. Thanks man. My roomie's are on vacation so I get the bigscreen to myself with all the UMK3 my mind can handle.