What's new

UMK3 Kombo Thread

RollTide8569 said:
Edit: check this out i made it earlier, i started it w/ HPHP, HP

the first video i made of the combo was ****, so i remade it.....enjoy

i always see ded_ go for the HP, HPHP dash so i wanted to make a video showing HPHP, HP. But ded_'s way is easier to do in a match

FatalTragedy

Jesus ****ing Christ
Finally got MAME working and I have a ps2 controller with a USB adapter. w00t. I'm so used to the ****ty 360 pads this is a breath of fresh air. I will say...you really have to press the directional pad on the PS2 controller. Feels kinda stiff and I can barely get Kung's spin out. Oh well, on to different combos...

Working on Reptile's infinite. Now, I can usually HPHP Dash without too much effort. What I'm struggling with is the HPHP HP dash on male ninjas. It's really a thorn in my side. I read somewhere that you want to throw out your first HP's whilst the opponent is at the height of his fall. But I tend to whiff the first HP if I do that (I do take a tiny step in once the forceball connects). If I wait for the opponent to fall a bit more I can get the HPHP HP in but I must be cancelling into the dash all wrong. Either I go too fast and the dash doesn't even come out, or I get the dash but I pass my opponent just a frame too late to volley. UGH.

^ do HPHP then walk forward and do a MEATY or EARLY HP and it takes a second to connect, so while your waiting hold back then press forward low kick right when the punch connects and you have a perfect dash

the 3rd punch should not connect right away like the first two HP's. does that make sense?

thanks for reviving my thread man lol

FatalTragedy

Jesus ****ing Christ
Makes perfect sense. I'm home for the weekend so I'll get cracking on it right now, see what happens. I can't even do the Jax variation, ha.

FatalTragedy

Jesus ****ing Christ
**** I got my first two consecutive volleys against a ninja. Now I have to get it consistent and then it's on to three.

FatalTragedy

Jesus ****ing Christ
I'm sure I'm not the only one...

It seems that every time I get those HPs at just the right height and cancel into the dash I run into the corner. I get so into it that I lose track of where I am on the arena.

He Is Close

The Puppet Master
Not my best combos and yes I know I did the GE blockable but it can be done this way unblockable. I just threw this video together out of boredom. Thanx v2 for the Flight cancel help.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AGaBjl1DG2c?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1

FatalTragedy

Jesus ****ing Christ

I accidentally pulled off Reptile's lpHPHP infinite off a grounded forceball and I didn't even know you could do that. I did it again in MAME. I tried recording it three times and my computer shut down each time because...well, my computer hates Hypercam and it hates me. Whatever.

FatalTragedy

Jesus ****ing Christ
Derek said:
LPLPHP works as a inf on U. Sub, Jax, Stryker, Sindel, AND MALE NINJAS(just has to be perfectly timed on them)!
Off a single forceball? It would make sense, those are characters where the chain punch needs to start right as they're passing through you. Seems to be perfectly placed. Now I know what to do if I catch somebody with a close fast forceball.