What's new

UMK3 is Americas game.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ive had the chance twice to see and play Lex in person at Seasons Beatings 3 and 4. Ive never seen anyone in person at his level, but he also didnt have that great competition either. I think it was either grand finals or winners finals at SB4, Lex played LI Joe, and with a close 1st match, Joe squeezed out a win with HSmoke vs Lex's Nightwolf. Then Lex picked Kabal lol, and went on to throughly rape jab Joe's HSmoke in a way ive never seen. Shit was godlike.

But the point is there is a lot of great players, and we've all seen players and matches on Youtube that make our jaws drop. I think its safe to say the best scene with the best players for UMk3 is now in South America, but at one time it was Chicago, obviously. Only way to prove it now would be getting all these players to Season's Beatings 6 this mid October and throw down and see who is the best come October.

Love all of you and what you've all done for UMK3. thank you. :coffee:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Has there never been Glitch Jabbing Kabal's like Marv in the USA? If there has been, I've never seen them on video or heard of them. No one even knew how to defend the GJ's when MIGB brought them to SJ. Many of the players even said they'd never seen the tactic used before. And MIGB uses the most basic form of the GJ's with the no brain behind them. If it weren't for cheap ass Kabal he wouldn't win at all. But the point is, the GJ's have never been fully utilized in the USA until recently. I remember MOE even calling them cheap about a year ago when he first found them out and made a video about them. Lex you may think you've played against a competent Glitch Jabber, but I can promise you haven't played against one like Marv.

These Glitch Jabs wouldn't be a problem at all if Kabal was banned. Kabal dumbs down the game and makes it an unbalanced Kabal fest. No one of equal skill can beat Kabal if you're not using Kabal or Human Smoke. At least at high levels with the GJ's being used at their full potential. I was going to make a thread about banning Kabal, but I realized all the OG's wouldn't be for it no matter how good for the game it would be. Now before I finish and allow Hanzo's "step yo game up" post, I will say that if Kabal is banned UMK3 will get a lot more activity and not looked down on as much as it is. I've talked with REO and Arion about this and they agree. So before you automatically dismiss this because you're close-minded, just think it through and realize how good for the game it would be.

MKK hanzo

Has there never been Glitch Jabbing Kabal's like Marv in the USA? If there has been, I've never seen them on video or heard of them. No one even knew how to defend the GJ's when MIGB brought them to SJ. Many of the players even said they'd never seen the tactic used before. And MIGB uses the most basic form of the GJ's with the no brain behind them. If it weren't for cheap ass Kabal he wouldn't win at all. But the point is, the GJ's have never been fully utilized in the USA until recently. I remember MOE even calling them cheap about a year ago when he first found them out and made a video about them. Lex you may think you've played against a competent Glitch Jabber, but I can promise you haven't played against one like Marv.

These Glitch Jabs wouldn't be a problem at all if Kabal was banned. Kabal dumbs down the game and makes it an unbalanced Kabal fest. No one of equal skill can beat Kabal if you're not using Kabal or Human Smoke. At least at high levels with the GJ's being used at their full potential. I was going to make a thread about banning Kabal, but I realized all the OG's wouldn't be for it no matter how good for the game it would be. Now before I finish and allow Hanzo's "step yo game up" post, I will say that if Kabal is banned UMK3 will get a lot more activity and not looked down on as much as it is. I've talked with REO and Arion about this and they agree. So before you automatically dismiss this because you're close-minded, just think it through and realize how good for the game it would be.
Hey! Then step yo... hahahaha nevermind. There are strats against that bro you know it. Great post but ol brute Kabal CAN be beaten. By anyone except Sheeva if you allows relaunchers. :)

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
one dimensional strategies do not last long in umk3. if all you are dong is jabbing and blocking, adaptation will happen. if someone played like that vs me, using kabal, it'd be a quick pick to reptile and your mission would be to figure out what the fuck is going on.

yea , lex you living in vancouver is far as hell from ontario
and from the looks of it Canada Cup will not have Mk9 so there is no reason for me to go to calgary for that

I dont understand why one of the major tournaments in north america is all the way in Alberta, when the best sf and mvc and mk players are all in Ontario and Qubec

Awell , atleast you will be considered west coast in Canada ( if that actually means anything to you)
and i am east so we can have a small regional rivarly
weeeeee ( time get the muffins)

MKK hanzo

yep, then i picked rsmoke and things got worse =p
hahaha no one doubts that but you and me KNOW that when you play someone that its not on your level will look like an easy victoryand a beasting ;) . When you play someone on or above your level the game options are more limited. Everything is punishable. Again, not taking away from you. I will loveto seeyou play Marv someday even on Mame.

Compare, me vs a mid-high IMO player here:

And vs RZP who plays better than me (some fails due to damaged sticks):

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Hey! Then step yo... hahahaha nevermind. There are strats against that bro you know it. Great post but ol brute Kabal CAN be beaten. By anyone except Sheeva if you allows relaunchers. :)
I know he can be beaten. I've been playing against Kabal for years, even though most Kabal players aren't very good. Here's the thing, Kabal is beatable, there's no doubt about that. You can even take a look at my tournament match vs Marv and see that I beat his Kabal. I'm not saying Kabal is unbeatable. What I'm saying is that Kabal is too good compared to the rest of the cast. Believe me, I know that sounds like a scrubby statement. But who can compete with Kabal other than Human Smoke? No one, Kabal has no bad match-ups, and no one is on his level aside from Human Smoke. I realize if Kabal was banned Human Smoke would have to be banned as well. Every tournament consists of Kabal and Human Smoke, which makes the game look unbalanced, and frankly it is. You can't use the rest of the cast if you want to win tournaments.

I say why not try it out? A lot of players have been wanting this for awhile, and players like me just recently started seeing how good it can be for the game.

one dimensional strategies do not last long in umk3. if all you are dong is jabbing and blocking, adaptation will happen. if someone played like that vs me, using kabal, it'd be a quick pick to reptile and your mission would be to figure out what the fuck is going on.
Marv isn't one dimensional, no top player today is. I trust you when you say you've dealt with the Glitch Jab, but I just don't think you've played someone who has mastered it like Marv.

MKK hanzo

I know he can be beaten. I've been playing against Kabal for years, even though most Kabal players aren't very good. Here's the thing, Kabal is beatable, there's no doubt about that. You can even take a look at my tournament match vs Marv and see that I beat his Kabal. I'm not saying Kabal is unbeatable. What I'm saying is that Kabal is too good compared to the rest of the cast. Believe me, I know that sounds like a scrubby statement. But who can compete with Kabal other than Human Smoke? No one, Kabal has no bad match-ups, and no one is on his level aside from Human Smoke. I realize if Kabal was banned Human Smoke would have to be banned as well. Every tournament consists of Kabal and Human Smoke, which makes the game look unbalanced, and frankly it is. You can't use the rest of the cast if you want to win tournaments.

I say why not try it out? A lot of players have been wanting this for awhile, and players like me just recently started seeing how good it can be for the game.

Marv isn't one dimensional, no top player today is. I trust you when you say you've dealt with the Glitch Jab, but I just don't think you've played someone who has mastered it like Marv.
I dont know man. Yes, Kabal is good and all but there are powerfull chars in ALL fighting games and it has been like that all the time. Ermac, Reptile, R Smoke, Kano, H Smoke, all are good for fighting Kabal for example. True he has no BAD BAD matchups but he can be beaten. Any Kabal, even the best ones. but banning them (Smoke and Kabal) is a bit... Rough IMO. Its like banning Jax and Mileena in MKII. Sonya in MKI is an exception. She truly BREAKS the game not even needing her leg grab inf.

Right now, befor the patches, I was calling Kung lao in mk9 to be OP. but I stil DONT KNOW how to play MK9 at a high level for example. But I know that when I "break the barrier" it will be easier for me to fight him etc.

Again this is all my point of view...

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I too believe the best players in the world are in Dominican Republic. Yeah they play N64 MKT. But it's FUCKING INSANE how those guys play it. It's a shame they don't have UMK3 machines there to play. Or maybe they just don't like UMK3 as much as MKT (they could play UMK3 on mame anyways).

But why are you guys so serious now in this thread, judging, showing videos and analyzing matches? let's keep this trolling -I mean, rolling :p I thought that was the sole purpose of the thread jeje

MKK hanzo

I too believe the best players in the world are in Dominican Republic. Yeah they play N64 MKT. But it's FUCKING INSANE how those guys play it. It's a shame they don't have UMK3 machines there to play. Or maybe they just don't like UMK3 as much as MKT (they could play UMK3 on mame anyways).

But why are you guys so serious now in this thread, judging, showing videos and analyzing matches? let's keep this trolling -I mean, rolling :p I thought that was the sole purpose of the thread jeje
Agree, hehe. And I have talked with Rep. Dom guys they say that UMK3 is "too limited" for them. Go figure. the y play all MK´s but is MKT the one that has "standed the test of time" there, with always new stff topull out. I have NEVER seen triple ground punds before or spin dash goig trough blocked combos consistently or punishers as sick and great as those guys.

And Lex: You re british (now canadian) so don play the american hero now. (joking bro)

Lol, Canadians are closer to being American than they are to being British.

And UMK3>MKT, but it's still fun to watch both.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, the dude died on the shitter... That's gotta be THE way to go out.

Really? On the toilet? Didn't hear that one lol, the one I was talking about was the kid died at his computer supposedly lol....nuts. How can nobody eat, piss, crap etc you know take care of yourself for any game puzzles me.

McNasty

Moist.
taking out kabal and hsmoke is a slippery slope then kung, ermac, and NW would take their place in stupid tier land.

AC1984

Kaballin!
UMK3 is limited compared to that broken shit??? oh wow really? MKT has almost no recovery after certain hits and you can instantly react despite how fast and "INSANE" the game looks. UMK3 has a lot of timing required...even a duck kick into run jabs is harder to do in UMK3...

MKK hanzo

UMK3 is limited compared to that broken shit??? oh wow really? MKT has almost no recovery after certain hits and you can instantly react despite how fast and "INSANE" the game looks. UMK3 has a lot of timing required...even a duck kick into run jabs is harder to do in UMK3...
hi AC, yes thats true, but also the game being way faster, is harder to make fast desicionsand punishers due to he less time to reaction etc. In fact, stuff like sweep punishing or crossup punishing are way too easy at umk3 due to speed. In MKT is horrible. (horrible = difficult). Zoning is harder due to speed, and what I really consider is easiier in mkt is to make MISTAKES. Teleport in the wrong time, throw a naked dash when you didnt have to, escape from the LP pressure correctly. And yes, C.Lk are faster and easier to land but its HARDER to the one defending to get out of a c.lk pressure.

I may not be a good player anymore so my opinion about this is irrelevant but I think this is like if Daigo says that Yun is top tier in SSF4 AE and wins several tourneys with him worlwide... Then he is right? They have HOW to back it up. You can clearly see an evolution of the dominican matches in those vids.

Also its a matter of taste. UMk3 is way MORE balanced than MKT, but MKT demands more. Either skill, reactions, reflexes, planning, knowledge, "nastiness", awareness, and even luck lol.

Either way I like more UMK3. =)

NoDoubt

nasty
Hanzo did u get ur umk3 back on xbox yet? I wanna add u. Lemme know when your testing that Mame p2p again. Laggy games are better than no games with someone like UU !

AC1984

Kaballin!
I dont play MKT that much but if you said it demands more, then it probably does. However, from what I played, I discovered that you gotta be fast and skilled but the recovery is a lot less which imo kinda compensates for the speed. My point here is not to make MKT less than UMk3. My point is that both games are challenging and demand a lot of skill in a different form.

MKK hanzo

I dont play MKT that much but if you said it demands more, then it probably does. However, from what I played, I discovered that you gotta be fast and skilled but the recovery is a lot less which imo kinda compensates for the speed. My point here is not to make MKT less than UMk3. My point is that both games are challenging and demand a lot of skill in a different form.
And I agree my good friend, hehe you got the point. im not bashing any of the 2 games or their players. both have their strenghts and weakness and so, they appeal more to some players than others.