What's new

UMK3 for xbox1 later on..sony baught excusive rights.....

MKA special edition will be released for the PS2, which will include an arcade perfect version of UMK3. Sony baught exclusivity rights to have this game available only for the PS2s MKA. But, its only temporary.

This move by sony was a response to microsofts relase of xbox 360. Its an attempt to encourage people to buy a PS2 who dont already have one; since xbox 360s release, PS2 sales have dropped slightly, this is one move of many that is expected to help compensate for this drop. Sony has a history of using this strategy, they used it on all the grand theft auto games. by the 1st quarter of 2007, this exclusivity wears off, and UMK3 will be realased for the xbox as a stand alone video game which will coincide with the nintendo wii release of MKA. Sony has been tight lipped about releasing this info to the public, since such information will deter some investers from investing into sony. However, be prepared sometime after MKAs release for PS2 and Xbox to hear this offically.

:)

Sony didn't buy any rights. He is basing off his thoughts of things we all know already. It's commone knowledge that UMK3 is only going to be on the special editions of MKA because only sony is getting special editions. X-box sales are not doing very good, plus most people who have an x-box either have already or are probably investing on a 360, which has umk3 coming out for it, so no need anyway.

The longer PS2 has UMK3 exclusivity, the longer the extra temptation to but a Ps2 will be there if you dont already have one. Microsoft doesnt want this; any gamers who buy a PS2 are priming themselves to buy a ps3 as opposed to xobx360, few people will be buying both systems in the near future. Ps2 owners are more likely to buy a ps3 than xbox only owners. Microsoft wants to minimize this exclusivity, so people will buy an xbox1 instead of a Ps2 (those who are more likely to buy current gen systems than next gen).

What is so special about UMK3? why would sony want to pull another GTA on a game from 1996? Becuase of online play!. Umk3 is expected to be a big online hit, like the street fighter. Sony anticipated this, and made the move before microsoft, thus buying rights. But only temporary, in response, microsoft made a deal with sony and midway to make it temporary. A big exclusive online hit will definetely boost up PS2 sales, especially if it coincides with the release of MKA! expect lots of "UMK3 for ps2 online play! exclusive!!" advertisements. ads practically making the ps2 look like an awesome choice over an xbox1.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Sony didn't buy exclusivity rights.

Microsoft doesn't care about Xbox.

There is an extremely good chance that UMK3 won't even have online play for PS2 :-/

there are logistics behind it, there wasn't neccesarily any buying out. MKA is expected to be a big hit, so there is a good reason to make a special edition ($$$$). Since Xbox game sales are slowly decresing (because of 360) there is a chance to LOSE money if there was a special edition for x-box. It's not PS2 exclusive, all we know is that it's NOT coming out for x-box, there are other consoles you know (Wii). So sony didn't have to do spend a dime (for exclusive rights).

xbox live is so good though, its hard to believe you'll have a better online experience on ps2. i think the xbox 360 version will pwn

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wish it would have online play because it would make life a lot temporarily more afforable. I just hope it's accurate.

well midway has announced that UMK3 for XBLA will have online and online rankings and now that i think of it i don't think there has ever been an online fighting game for PS2 i personally think the online for PS2 is just stupid games like ffxi and socom are fun but thats literally all u can play online it would just be better to get an xbox or xbox 360 considering 90% of the xbox games are online now

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I played MKD online for PS2, it was amazingly relatively lagless, I bought the BBA just for that game, and then I returned MKD...

MKD was online on PS2 are u kidding me haha i thought it was online online on the xbox i have it i played it for about 2 weeks and it got boring i don't really like the 3d mortal kombats that much thats why im trying to decide weather or not to get MKA for xbox

Pretty much all games are online. I don't know why you would think there aren't any, if the x-box version has it, there is absolutely no reason for ps2 to NOT have it, so it always does.