What's new

UMK3 Engine (M.U.G.E.N.)

Shock and I were talking about it in other forum but from this point on I'll post the progress here. Any techcnical data is welcome

This is a resume of what is done in the project:

All characters are in (no bosses yet) BUT I'm working with male ninjas only at the moment. When the basic engine is finished then I'll start working on the others.

- Basic moves - DONE
- Kombos - DONE (only UMK3 kombos, Ermac has a different kombo in MKT i think)
- Special Moves - DONE (I haven't coded Reptile's run & elbow move yet)
- Rain and Noob Saibot haven't kombos and special moves yet)
- Shang Tsung's Morphs - DONE (also a temporary command to unmorph at any time is available F,B,F,HK)
- Finish Him/Her is coded but there are not finishing moves yet (this will probably be the latest stuff I'll make)
- Kombat Kodes. There is a lot of kodes but i made them for a previous game so i need to check if work properly.
- Kombo Kounter. Now shows you the real percent of your 100+ damage kombos.

All the things mentioned above needs some tweaks here and there but is working fine.

Now what's new:

After "release" alpha 2 I found (and fix) some bugs (not present in alpha 1)
Also made some changes in colision boxes (again) because this is a headache in M.U.G.E.N.

I was bored of colision boxes so I've implemented Tag Team and Endurances (2,3 or 4 characters). This is not a priority but trust me I was REALLY bored :p

Next in my todo list:

- Implement colision box change in certain moments (when enemy sweeps, mileena's roll...), so yes.. boxes again!
- Run bar fixes. I'll take a look at this, i know it's working wrong when you finish a kombo
- Implement movement in kombos as necesary, you know, some kombos move forward and other don't
- Reptile's run & elbow special move (just to finish the special moves task)

Not much progress (I've been playing MK 9 :p)
I made throws (only for male ninjas) and air throw for Scorpion and Human Smoke

Now I'm making an aplication to make my life easier with colision boxes. I put some basic values and the aplication give me all the values for mugen.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We'll go over more stuff when I get a chance. I've been extremely busy with my new job.

no problem man, i'm busy with other stuff too :p
tonight i finished my tool for colision boxes. i'll add some graphic to the gui and upload it to a mk mugen community site, just in case someone else like to use it

I come to report. The project is still alive
I could not work much in it for different reasons (my uncle is visiting my house, I played MK9, attend to my girlfriend, etc.)

Within a few days I'll upload a new version with some fixes with Kitana, Jade and Mileena fully playable. are a few things to fix yet

i made some progress these days, i think for next monday (if not before) i'll have something to share
in the to do list:

- reptile's run & elbow special move - DONE
- little fix in kitana's fan lift - DONE
- shang tsung kombos (i made his special moves and throw.. morphs were implemented before) - DONE
- little fix in scorpion/ermac/human smoke teleport - DONE
- change red boxes in female ninjas/shang tsung animations - DONE
- put right damage for every throw - DONE
- change state numbers of scorpion/human smoke air throw - DONE
- correct hit time of some animations of cage, raiden & baraka - DONE
- change collision boxes to raiden and baraka - DONE
- make throws for cage, baraka and raiden (i'll make the kombos later) - DONE

i think that's all for this beta
after this i'll change some things in hit counter and i'll make some changes in the engine to enable diferent modes of play. i will work on this later but here a resume of posibilities:

you will be able to play in single, tag or endurance mode (2,3 or 4 characters) VS single, tag or endurance.. you can mix tag VS 4 chars endurance, etc. also after umk3 is complete, i was thinking in an option to choose between umk3 and mk9 gameplay style but this is far away

the changes are for arcade mode too, you will be able to choose towers, common, test your luck, challenge tower etc.

back to present.. all characters have an accurate (must check width) red box (blue in n64) in the HK, so sonya, jax and the cyborgs can hit a ducked shang tsung with this. scorpion (reptile, etc.) miss the hit if the oponent is duck blocking and is stryker or kitana, mileena or jade (the others block)... and this with all characters
at this moment only HK

shock i sent you the link to new version.
if anyone else want to try it out, leave a message here. beta testing still private but open for new testers

some w.i.p.

new select screen (BG is the actual stage you'll fight)

random select is working but mmm... i'll check this better later since it's not that random. i mean.. it's random but in umk3 the cursor move up,down,left and right 1 by 1, well.. some times here the cursor do things like kano, jax, kano, jax, shang tsung, scorpion and kano again...

now it's posible to choose up to 4 characters per side and combine fights like for example: tag team vs a 3 characters endurance, a single character against 4 characters endurance, etc.

i need to do the graphic part where you select between single, tag and endurances. i have an idea of how this will look ;)

about characters i'm working on cyborgs, i made cyrax's bombs and net, smoke's invisibility and harpoon, sektor missile and homing missil.
so i'll finish the other special moves these days.

i made some test for projectile reflection (for nightwolf). needs some tweaks but is working fine. it works like arcade, reflect some projectiles, does not reflect others (scorpion's spear, smoke's harpoon, cyrax's bombs, shang tsung's ground skulls...) and is hit by cyrax's bombs, i can't remember if there is other projectile...

next step is making kombos and throw for cyborgs and after this i'll tweak red hit boxes making test using cheats in mkt n64 and testing with mame too.

about random select, is it possible to make it less likelyfor certain directions to be picked after it's moved in that direction?

Like if it goes down, then up or down become less likely to be picked than left or right, and vice versa?

also introduce the "pick character" trigger getting more likely to hit with each move, after, say, 6 moves.

i use a variable and randomly get a value (0 to 3). each value is equal to a direction. knowing the previous value i can manage the next one and prevent to keep it going the same direction etc.
i can do a random between all the characters and will work better but this is not the umk3 style :p
anyway, i'll check this later

not much progress today.
i made some fixes in kombo system, fix 1 thing in sub's slide and made the game mode select screen.
it's working, graphics can be changed but this is the general idea :p

as you may see english is not my primary language. so for native english speakers... how is better: 2 characters endurance or endurance 2 characters?

i need to finish cyrax crazy throw (D,F,Block and then LP) to complete all cyborgs
when i was coding regular throw for cyrax i found a bug in arcade kombo counter :eek:
this throw activates damage protection but the kombo counter seems to ignore it :p
simple test: after a throw i made a HK and it's 15%.. for the kombo counter it does 22% damage

throw does 13 points of damage and it's not affected by damage protection. (i managed to get a throw when damage protection was active and still 13 points of damage)
so 13+24 (HK)= 37= 22.289...% but the real damage is: 25 (13+12) = 15.06%

i also found another bug but this time in the forum.. this :)o) is not the smilie i want to show

I'm in the MK 1 HD Project but still working on this game.
I've finished my app for colision boxes, thank this I added all the blue boxes to all characters :)
Next step is working on red boxes, at this moment just standing HK is accurate.
I've fixed a lot of little bugs and made cyborgs and nightwolf fully playable.
I've added damage protection to some special moves, like arcade.
I found an easy way for sweep hit the entire sprite, now is working ;)

I know some kombos stay in place (our character don't move forward) but at this moment all characters advance, I'll work on this later (there is a restriction in the code, i need to implement this when needed)

I'll work on nightwolf reflection later. It's working but i'll improve it

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
i need to finish cyrax crazy throw (D,F,Block and then LP) to complete all cyborgs
when i was coding regular throw for cyrax i found a bug in arcade kombo counter :eek:
this throw activates damage protection but the kombo counter seems to ignore it :p
simple test: after a throw i made a HK and it's 15%.. for the kombo counter it does 22% damage

throw does 13 points of damage and it's not affected by damage protection. (i managed to get a throw when damage protection was active and still 13 points of damage)
so 13+24 (HK)= 37= 22.289...% but the real damage is: 25 (13+12) = 15.06%

i also found another bug but this time in the forum.. this :)o) is not the smilie i want to show
Just saw this now, there are a few bugged damage readouts in the game. Cyrax's throw activates damage protection in UMK3 but the damage readout for some reason doesn't reflect that, however Sheeva's throw also got the same treatment in UMK3 but it does read out the correct damage when comboed from.