What's new

UMK3 Cyrax Infinite

ded

Elder God
there are people asking for this infinite, and state that they have already seen it, but they dont since its completely new and is never showed in any combo video before. you can see how sindel tryes to escape from the boms with jumps but still get hitten, the combo resets and allows you to drop another bomb. you can mix with rh, punches, sujk, jks/hks and etc. works on everyone and it should work in mk3 and mkt but i havent test it there yet:

Cyrax Infinite --- YouTube Link

it works on everyone, here is a short clip on it vs kabal and how he tryes to escape with spin: Cyrax Inf Kabal.

EDIT: works on mk3 and mkt (psx/pc) too.

ded

Elder God
ilovepoop said:
thats freakin awesome...is there a reason why u crouch before u launch bombs?
using long bombs makes you to move, so i stay ducked to hold the right position ;]

Kaiba

Noob
I remember on at least MK3 I could time for a bomb, uppercut, bomb, upppercut, bomb, uppercut. Its been a while though.

Are u using keyboard because i don't see how u can hold down and press F-F while crounched unless u are using keyboard i use a controller and i can't do that at all

ded

Elder God
Kaiba you should played genesis version then since in mk3 arcade you cant do that.

ilovepoop, yes i used a keyboard but you can do this with joypad too

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
cool ded
it might never be seen on a vs match but you never know...
good stuff

dreemernj

Ambassador
DAVE101 said:
ded_ said:
... but you can do this with joypad too
How? Controllers would read that as diagnols would they not?
Yeah that works. When you are tapping forward to trigger a move it doesnt care if you are tapping any other direction. And tapping forward while holding down works, at least on PSX controllers, haven't tried on Genesis.

dreemernj said:
Yeah that works. When you are tapping forward to trigger a move it doesnt care if you are tapping any other direction. And tapping forward while holding down works, at least on PSX controllers, haven't tried on Genesis.
so is like on UMK3 if u Jump forward with kick kitana then press forward again and LP+HP she does hear fan when u only press forward once?

dreemernj

Ambassador
The move doesn't care what other buttons are being pressed. It actually doesn't even care if the button is released. You can do a d,f motion by pressing down then rolling your finger to d+f, you don't even have to release down.

The concept makes sense, like how else woul dblock buffering work?

But I just think that when you press forward while holding down, it would count that as a diagonal DOWN+FORWARD so the special wouldn't work. Hmm... guess not?

dreemernj

Ambassador
That is correct. Just try it with sub zero. Press d,f,lp in sequence but don't release any of the buttons. The freeze will come out fine.

The only exception I know of is with double button presses. With moves like the fan, the force ball, and bombs, you have to release d before you press the combination buttons I believe.

And also, you can't be holding run. Other than that just remember that unless it is a charge move, it only cares about when the button is first pressed. So as long as you press down first, then forward, its the same as pressing down, releasing it, and then pressing forward.

I don't know what I was thinking earlier. It makes so much sense now. Using this on a joypad has the exact same concept of doing it on a keyboard. When you're using a keyboard your still going to get the down+forward pickup but since it doesn't matter if you were holding a button it wouldn't make any difference on a controler. So it whould work regardless of controller type I think.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are certain moves in MK games where you can't be holding punch or kick I believe as well when pressing the activation button.

The infinite is avoidable if the player doesn't try to do anything. That way it will combo instead of breaking, and the bomb will lock.

Youre right. I didn't realize how early the combo actually breaks. It's like the second you hit the ground, so the window for this is actually large (atleast larger than what I had thought).