What's new

UMK3 Character Select Screen Bug

Hey all.

What this topic is for, is the character select screen bug. You know, the one where after you unlock all of the characters, the character select screen becomes a buggy mess of colors.

My question is: Is this intended behavior? Was the original UMK3 arcade cabinet like this, or is this something that MAME has not emulated correctly yet? I've always wondered this.

Now, I know that MAME doesn't properly reproduce Scorpion's Spear cries in version 1.2 (his sentences get cut off early). This shows that MAME doesn't have UMK3 properly emulated yet, and so it's possible that they may have made a mistake on the graphics as well.

I look forward to your answers.

We had a small discussion on this before. Incase you want to see some screen shots:
http://www.ultimatemk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63

It's in the myths and fanlore section (because it doesn't have to do with gameplay), that might be why you missed it. Anyway, that glitch only happens in some version of MAME.

Fiction Alchemist said:
Now, I know that MAME doesn't properly reproduce Scorpion's Spear cries in version 1.2 (his sentences get cut off early). This shows that MAME doesn't have UMK3 properly emulated yet, and so it's possible that they may have made a mistake on the graphics as well.
I thought it was like that in arcades?

dreemernj

Ambassador
There were definately places where the sound cut off in the arcade as well so I wouldn't attribute all of it to MAME.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sounds cut off in the arcade whenever the blood splatter happens. Moves like:

Hat Throw
Spear
Fan Throw

If you turn off blood, Scorpion will say "Get over here" or "Come here" without being cut off.