What's new

UMK3 Champioship questions

A l i

[TAS]
Hello, this weekend we have a freepick tournament in Russian community. I am playing with 3 delay. I was living in Turkey where i had 6 delay and was winning 6-7th places consistently but now i am in my home country where i have 3 delay. I am planning to win this tournament. My main is Reptile and i win every h smoke, ermac, kabal and many characters with it. But dont want to use him for all occasions. I know everyone says Kabal is top 1 char but when i play vs HSmokes, generally they rat and when i start jab pressures they just start sweeping lol. When i am close they just teleport and only play chip damage and timer games and i sont have patience for this mostly. What do you recommend? Hi

MRIGOTBASS

I would use Sektor, he has a special OS'ing glitched package of Hitbox properties that would all but guarantee you a 1st Place 3 Delay Championship.

Sektor is the Answer. Quam

A l i

[TAS]
Havent i played with you before?) you are the guy that asked Snowboy for ft 20 right?)

I would use Sektor, he has a special OS'ing glitched package of Hitbox properties that would all but guarantee you a 1st Place 3 Delay Championship.

Sektor is the Answer. Quam

nwo

Noob
Hello, this weekend we have a freepick tournament in Russian community. I am playing with 3 delay. I was living in Turkey where i had 6 delay and was winning 6-7th places consistently but now i am in my home country where i have 3 delay. I am planning to win this tournament. My main is Reptile and i win every h smoke, ermac, kabal and many characters with it. But dont want to use him for all occasions. I know everyone says Kabal is top 1 char but when i play vs HSmokes, generally they rat and when i start jab pressures they just start sweeping lol. When i am close they just teleport and only play chip damage and timer games and i sont have patience for this mostly. What do you recommend? Hi
Do Mafioso and Friesen have less than 3 frames? If so you might not win anyway, but good luck.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Personally, I can use all characters effectively except for probably Mileena. But I have a certain number of “tournament characters” where if I have tough matchup, either against the character or player, I’ll have other options if the current character I’m using isn’t being effective. That said, since my “main” main is HSmoke, I don’t typically get absolutely steamrolled by anyone using any character. But, there are some matchups where I think my other characters might be more helpful.

I also like having characters in my back pocket that are good, but aren’t necessarily top 5 characters. Essentially characters you know are good, but you don’t really see them all that much in tournaments.

So yeah, who are some of your other characters you’re good with outside of Reptile?

A l i

[TAS]
Personally, I can use all characters effectively except for probably Mileena. But I have a certain number of “tournament characters” where if I have tough matchup, either against the character or player, I’ll have other options if the current character I’m using isn’t being effective. That said, since my “main” main is HSmoke, I don’t typically get absolutely steamrolled by anyone using any character. But, there are some matchups where I think my other characters might be more helpful.

I also like having characters in my back pocket that are good, but aren’t necessarily top 5 characters. Essentially characters you know are good, but you don’t really see them all that much in tournaments.

So yeah, who are some of your other characters you’re good with outside of Reptile?
Well, Reptile, Kabal, HSmoke,Ermac,Mileena, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, and some counter picks vs specific chars. Also how is it that when most guys jab they almost dont get hit by any sweeps not even 1 time? Are there any trick to it?

MRIGOTBASS

Also how is it that when most guys jab they almost dont get hit by any sweeps not even 1 time? Are there any trick to it?
Because your playing with Russians lol, who are widely considered some of the most Ethical and Honest peoplr in the world lol. Heres a pic of ur avg russian player Tank U Gin in a tournament with fully modified controllers, keyboards, macros, boxes of like miscellaneous wires circuitboards potentiometers double diode isolated buttons all of that lol. But why they dont get swept yea thats the same reason they also dont get thrown or machinegun the fireballs, its because the Russians are the worlds most trustworthy people and they are just blessed. ‍♂

ded

Elder God
is that pic legal? do they use modified controllers? it also shows the genesis version, maybe it's just a modified kbd for genesis hardware:

Last edited:

MRIGOTBASS

is that pic legal? do they use modified controllers? it also shows the genesis version, maybe it's just a modified kbd for genesis hardware:
You ever see a cardboard box of wires, diodes, transistors, butt connectors, electrical tape, ect at EVO? Im pretty sure if that setup above was sitting anywhere unattended you would probabaly see the local Disposal Unit and Policia called extremely fast.

Is it legal? Last time I checked they didnt program into the game code provisions for non axis based controllers and all the potential bullshit that goes with it. I think the word we are looking for here is “Intent” rather than “Legal”, and I think its safe to say that the intent of the game wasnt to see what kind of game breaking contraption people can come up with 30 years down the road. This is evidenced by the fact SOCD cleaning was not in any of the games original code and by using non axis based controllers (pad or stick) it breaks the game. So is it Legal would clearly depend on the morals and ethics of those playing it and like I said before on the worldwide stage Russia is top 3 most trustworthy nation in the world lol.

Reactions: ded

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Well, Reptile, Kabal, HSmoke,Ermac,Mileena, Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, and some counter picks vs specific chars. Also how is it that when most guys jab they almost dont get hit by any sweeps not even 1 time? Are there any trick to it?
Do you know about Kara Jabs and Glitch Jabs?

A l i

[TAS]
Do you know about Kara Jabs and Glitch Jabs?
Of course i do lol without it, impossible to play at pro level. I am saying while jabbing, with characters without sweep punish, they only try to sweep you while jabbing and you must have some kind of cheat to block everysingle sweep lol so in my case i won't ever use xheats so perfect jabbing is a goal to do by hand but even then you get swept here and there and then they just try to run away and win by rimer due to jp sifference. If you want, i can send you some of my matches so you can get an idea

MRIGOTBASS

Of course i do lol without it, impossible to play at pro level. I am saying while jabbing, with characters without sweep punish, they only try to sweep you while jabbing and you must have some kind of cheat to block everysingle sweep lol so in my case i won't ever use xheats so perfect jabbing is a goal to do by hand but even then you get swept here and there and then they just try to run away and win by rimer due to jp sifference. If you want, i can send you some of my matches so you can get an idea
I have never seen a pro player using a Stick or a Pad ever be immune to throws or sweeps. However keyboards, hitboxes, russian tissue boxes with wires transistors tubes from the 60s a small amout of Chenobyl fissle material lol or Whatever contraption someone comes up with if u are playing someone who can never be thrown that is why. This really isnt brain surgury here if you play a ft20 and your opponent doesnt get swept 1 time or thrown you should check your router for some IOT CcCp Malwizzi lol either that or Tank u Jins little brother may all up in the wires lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I have never seen a pro player using a Stick or a Pad ever be immune to throws or sweeps. However keyboards, hitboxes, russian tissue boxes with wires transistors tubes from the 60s a small amout of Chenobyl fissle material lol or Whatever contraption someone comes up with if u are playing someone who can never be thrown that is why. This really isnt brain surgury here if you play a ft20 and your opponent doesnt get swept 1 time or thrown you should check your router for some IOT CcCp Malwizzi lol either that or Tank u Jins little brother may all up in the wires lol.

View attachment 18799
If I’m not rusty and we’re playing offline, I could probably go 20 matches without being swept or thrown, just depends if I’m on my jab A game or not. Online though, I’d tend to agree.