What's new

UMK3 Border Switcher (disable windows border)

nwo

Noob
Maybe someone will find this useful?

This is a very simple program I made to toggle the border on/off when playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (rev 1.2) in MAME32k .64. I thought it would be useful if you wanted to appear to be running in full screen mode even when your not like on a TV, or maybe someone with a MAME cabinet? Or if you just don't like the look of the Windows border while playing.

Download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZDPABYPD

iammud

Noob
Is it just me, or is it when this is ran it stretches more vertical than horizontal?

Dope program though, my cabinet appreciates it.

ded

Elder God
Great stuff but why when i max the window and remove the borders, the graphics become really ugly :confused:

nwo

Noob
I'd mess around with some video settings or try it on 119, mud said his graphics got bad with .64 but not 119. The graphics don't change for me in either, with or without borders.

iammud

Noob
NWO, I found a fix for the ugly graphics, and classic xp mode bug. I have a hunch that this all has to do with the swapper trying to force maximize, or set 1024x768 window mode, or something. Cause when I run your program in windowed mode, then force the window to maximize, it has no issues.

Anyway, I wrote a script that does all this through a hotkey. I'll add the fixes directly to the program whenever I get around to it.

Place Mame32kFS.exe, and UMK3 Border Swapper.exe in your Mame32k 0.64 folder (no .119 support, yet). Now instead of launching Mame32k, and the border swapper, just launch mame32kfs.exe; it should load mame, the border swapper, and wait for UMK3 to be loaded.

Once UMK3 is loaded, it will apply the border program, then force maximize. You can cycle window/fullscreen modes by hitting the delete key. (you can define your own hotkey. in the settings.ini)

The program will automatically close itself, and the border swapper, once mame is completely closed.

You can also make this program work for any game (or window for that matter), by adding umk3only=0 to the settings.ini. However, this will simply maximize the top window of any program on windows, so use with caution.

I should add that the program is capable of running in a limited features mode without mame and the swapper. Add umk3only=0 to the settings.ini to make it work for games other than umk3. Settings.ini also contains hotkey settings. Visit the link located in the txt file to find out the correct command for your hotkey.

If you'd rather write your own script, the AutoIt3 code is below.
WinActivate("Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3", "")
WinSetState ("Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)