What's new

UMK3 Arcade Hack (Juggernauts v1.0)

Mgo

Noob
McNasty said:
I'd like to thank the person who made this hack I love it!!!!!!!
I too. Looks like he is a genius anonymous.
I would like to learn from their knowledge. :D

Mgo

Noob
GoldenOreos said:
so where did u find this rom anyways?
I found this on a forum of little disemination;
and I asked in the forum, the autor on this post told me he found it in a site that no longer remembers; where you had to apply a patch;
I looked on google and found nothing, he did the same with no results.

Before, I had wanted to find out who made the zeus hack supposedly created by a "Mrs Zoo Arg" but I found nothing

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
well someone needs to figure out how to hack the umk rom like that but add all the other characters. idk if thats possible but that would own

Mgo

Noob
ScheissNussen said:
Where is this Juggernaut!? Join CMK please ;)
LOL :laugh:

It would be nice to have a hacker like him in this community :p

I think this "Juggernaut" is "Ed Boon" doing this in secret and by vocation hahah no...thats a joke

With regard to add other characters, I think it's impossible or extremely difficult that.

I could be wrong, but I think the Zeus hack was created by someone who posts over at the Arcade@Home forums (barf). That's where I first found out about it, anyhow and the guy seemed to take credit for it if I remember correctly. Hope that helps!

wazz said:
Wats misfit mame
It's a MAME build for stuff that doesn't fit in with the official build, like when someone hacks up a dump of a game and releases it for use in emulators. These things aren't wanted in the official MAME. Unfortunately over the years they have also added some games that were sold to arcades and it has made a mess, you can see an example of that here:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=238532&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Misfit MAME is here:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=misfitmame

iammud

Noob
To audit this game in .119 you have a few options.

1, audit with real umk3 rom - disable audit on start - swap rom
2, edit mame32ui.ini - search for umk3_rom_audit - and set it's value to 1 (0 is missing, 2 is incorrect rom)
For the above method, you'll either need to disable audit on start before you edit, or set the file to read only after you edit.

iammud

Noob
I made a rom swap program for umk3 1.2/Juggernaut. Simply put this in your Mame32k 0.64 folder, and have the original 1.2 umk3.zip in your /mame32k/roms folder.

Features:
Allows you to quickly and easily swap, and launch the different roms.
Installs Juggernaut Hack
Backs up your original umk3.zip.
Adds UMK3 to mame's audit list
Disables mame audit on load

If you'd like a version that simply switches your files, and has no mame features, please try the stand alone version.

wazz

Noob
mud ur really clever guy at these things. hows ur other project coming along

and btw y wud any1 swap jugg hack for the umk3 rev1.2 now that jugg hack has all chars unlocked already. i dnt think any1 uses the umk3 rev 1.2 anymore

iammud

Noob
wazz said:
mud ur really clever guy at these things. hows ur other project coming along

and btw y wud any1 swap jugg hack for the umk3 rev1.2 now that jugg hack has all chars unlocked already. i dnt think any1 uses the umk3 rev 1.2 anymore
You'd be surprised. I just like making scripts to do dumb things. So I figured someone might find em useful.

The kaillera frontend is in the beta stages for public release. Working out all the little variables that can happen in different types of windows. Plus some of it has been put on hold because I'm trying to resurrect all of the broken p2p kaillera features. The p2p site is back up at http://p2p.kaillera.ru (anyone wanna host a us version of the site?). Whatsmyip, enlist in waiting games, and force port should be back up before too long. More on all this later.

Eternal

Noob
Any one else having problems running this with mame 119...

I can play it just fine, but theres a few things wrong like the hack never shows up in the available games list, instead I have to select it in the all games list..I've set the directory and only have the mk3 and umk3/hack rom files in the selected folder

Also when I try to play online I cant...

Everything works fine on mame 64 tho..

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Eternal said:
Any one else having problems running this with mame 119...

I can play it just fine, but theres a few things wrong like the hack never shows up in the available games list, instead I have to select it in the all games list..I've set the directory and only have the mk3 and umk3/hack rom files in the selected folder

Also when I try to play online I cant...

Everything works fine on mame 64 tho..
u cant refresh in 119 or it will wont load. just drag n drop n play

iammud

Noob
As stated earlier in the thread, audit with regular umk3, disable audit on load (or set your mame32ui.ini to read only), then swap the game out.