Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Everything got reviewed

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Others(Name on comments)

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I'm guessing the removal of "tournament variations", and the ability to customize your loadout from the character select screen.

Current "Variations" will still exist as default loadouts, costume, and gear sets.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Overhaul is too strong of a word. Rework would probably be better.

I don't think it's going to feel any more fun than it has since release after the patch drops. My main gripe has been and will continue to be combo variety. Rain gave me hope when I saw his reveal, as he's always been a crazy combo character, but his options looked every bit as boring as I feared they'd be. Why can't NRS just give us ONE character with wild combo shit? I don't even care if it's low damage. It's so boring taking a character into practice mode and finding the absolute optimal combos within 5 minutes, and knowing there are no other options.

I'm honestly not sure what they could do to the variation system to make it more fun. I highly doubt customs will be allowed in something like Kombat League, and even if they were, that wouldn't be enough to get me back personally. I guess we will all find out next week.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hold on.....MK11 has music?!?!
It actually does, the music volume however it's kinda low, but nathan griggs did an amazing job since the 3D era quartet.

my sources are pointing that they will keep him around, so Forden's sound team now is made of 3 main guys him included and a guy here and there who plays from outside.

Black Dragon Fight Klub and Hourgrass songs were played by Nathan, and boy it's insane how he manage to create 3 different riffs styles from all 3 round of these two stages among others, but these 2 stand out the most.
His hourgrass tune, he made the song play as if you can hear clockwork in the background.

however NRS intentionally lowers music volume so you focus more on the game, so it's kinda natural you barely pay attention, but there is some really good gems in MK11

Black Market Alley (All 3 rounds) - Dan Forden
Deadpool (all 3 rounds) - Rich Carle
Hourgrass (all 3 rounds) - Nathan Griggs
Black Dragon Fight Klub( all 3 rounds) Nathan Griggs
Shirai Ryu Fire Garden (all 3 rounds) Nathan Griggs
Soul Chamber (all 3 rounds) - Forden/Carle
Aftermath Time hourgrass stage - Nathan griggs

These are among some of the songs i enjoy a lot, the others either play very low so you barely hear it, but that's just NRS way of obfuscating the musicians, tho, but they are still around.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It actually does, the music volume however it's kinda low, but nathan griggs did an amazing job since the 3D era quartet.

my sources are pointing that they will keep him around, so Forden's sound team now is made of 3 main guys him included and a guy here and there who plays from outside.

Black Dragon Fight Klub and Hourgrass songs were played by Nathan, and boy it's insane how he manage to create 3 different riffs styles from all 3 round of these two stages among others, but these 2 stand out the most.
His hourgrass tune, he made the song play as if you can hear clockwork in the background.

however NRS intentionally lowers music volume so you focus more on the game, so it's kinda natural you barely pay attention, but there is some really good gems in MK11

Black Market Alley (All 3 rounds) - Dan Forden
Deadpool (all 3 rounds) - Rich Carle
Hourgrass (all 3 rounds) - Nathan Griggs
Black Dragon Fight Klub( all 3 rounds) Nathan Griggs
Shirai Ryu Fire Garden (all 3 rounds) Nathan Griggs
Soul Chamber (all 3 rounds) - Forden/Carle
Aftermath Time hourgrass stage - Nathan griggs

These are among some of the songs i enjoy a lot, the others either play very low so you barely hear it, but that's just NRS way of obfuscating the musicians, tho, but they are still around.
I was being sarcastic, but I appreciate the thoughtful reply.

It's low on my list of gripes, but I would love NRS to return to the era where the music wasn't completely fucking forgettable to the point you don't even realize it's there. The story about them turning down Mick Gordon blows my mind. The music from Killer Instinct is on another level. Even the Ultra Combos have their own music and rhythm.

Imagine an MK game with music like DOOM has (which Mick also composes, I believe).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

It's low on my list of gripes, but I would love NRS to return to the era where the music wasn't completely fucking forgettable to the point you don't even realize it's there. The story about them turning down Mick Gordon blows my mind. The music from Killer Instinct is on another level. Even the Ultra Combos have their own music and rhythm.

Imagine an MK game with music like DOOM has (which Mick also composes, I believe).
It depends, not sure if it's nostalgia talking, but to me nothing beats 3D era music, and i think that was their peak, MK had an musical identity of their own, back then, it was loreful, asian, enigmatic and everything a mortal combat feel, and they know it, trust me.
But it's not something, they decide on their own, they also have to follow a certain standard, and the team has to create music based on a template that someone tells them to create.

Meaning, they are elements in music that has to be in every music or within a certain environment, i just kinda wish they could change themes, because the cinematic feel doesn't really fits the rest imo, but it seems it's not that simple.

Even if Mick Gordon would be accepted to play music for MK games, he wouldn't have the freedom many would expect him to have.

DeftMonk

Noob

Ki music is the shit

Slymind

Noob
I'm trying to figure out what 16bit meant by saying Rambo health regen move was not part of his default moveset.

I'm trying to figure out what 16bit meant by saying Rambo health regen move was not part of his default moveset.
I took that to mean it's not a part of his base kit. To me, none of the moves that are variation exclusive would count as "default moveset" anyway, so I don't think her saying that precludes customs if that's what you're implying.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
MK has always had low tier music. I love the series, but the music is trash no matter the era. Arcade era it was shit on by SF, 3D era Tekken was dunking on it, NRS era everything shits on their music.

I still want custom tracks tho. MK11's menu music is fucking horrible. Like there's moments where's its nearly silent. And having it roll over to the character select screen is the most annoying part. You ever play a fighter with a silent character select screen? Thats usually where some of the best music is showcased.

You know the composer was listening to his creation while jerking off thinking "oh my god, so ambient"

Reactions: Zgf
to the point you don't even realize it's there.
I don't agree with that. Someone posted a link to some matches without the BG music and the first thing i thought was that it just sounds wrong. While the music doesn't jump out at you like in other or previous MK games, it definitely adds to the way a match feels.

I've also adjusted my game sound settings so that music is 1 or 2 notches above normal, and SFX are turned down the same. Definitely makes a difference.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
MK has always had low tier music. I love the series, but the music is trash no matter the era. Arcade era it was shit on by SF, 3D era Tekken was dunking on it, NRS era everything shits on their music.

I still want custom tracks tho. MK11's menu music is fucking horrible. Like there's moments where's its nearly silent. And having it roll over to the character select screen is the most annoying part. You ever play a fighter with a silent character select screen? Thats usually where some of the best music is showcased.

You know the composer was listening to his creation while jerking off thinking "oh my god, so ambient"
tbh while I agree SF music and Tekken music was better that's a little harsh (though I have some reservations like Alpha 3 and Arcade EX1's osts not being all that great, and I think post Tekken 3 music was a bit hit and miss, but there's still plenty of memorable tracks in say T5 at least) , I think classic and 3d era mk music still holds up and is fairly solid even if it's not the best fg music in their respective era. Lots of catchy even if simple themes like the MK3 street, MK1 Courtyard, MKD Dark Prison, MKDA Wu Shi academy.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It depends, not sure if it's nostalgia talking, but to me nothing beats 3D era music, and i think that was their peak, MK had an musical identity of their own, back then, it was loreful, asian, enigmatic and everything a mortal combat feel, and they know it, trust me.
But it's not something, they decide on their own, they also have to follow a certain standard, and the team has to create music based on a template that someone tells them to create.

Meaning, they are elements in music that has to be in every music or within a certain environment, i just kinda wish they could change themes, because the cinematic feel doesn't really fits the rest imo, but it seems it's not that simple.

Even if Mick Gordon would be accepted to play music for MK games, he wouldn't have the freedom many would expect him to have.
Mick Gordon’s music is fantastic, but I’ve heard that he can be very difficult to work with in a structured environment.

DeftMonk

Noob

ya bro how many youtube videos have u seen of fgc content with tekken 7 music? or tekken 6... theres a lot of non tekken related channels that use their tracks. I haven't heard people use KI but I love that shit. Nary a person uses MK11 music in their content afaik. Not even mk content creators.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
ya bro how many youtube videos have u seen of fgc content with tekken 7 music? or tekken 6... theres a lot of non tekken related channels that use their tracks. I haven't heard people use KI but I love that shit. Nary a person uses MK11 music in their content afaik. Not even mk content creators.
I do and they turn out great, always did.
But this MK11 isn't much of a youtube friendly product.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
The hint about variations makes me think of when they interviewed Derek before release and discussed adding classic abilities/playstyle for Sonya as well as others. I'd love that and making some moves like combo launchers base moves. Either way I think it will be awesome.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I'm guessing the removal of "tournament variations", and the ability to customize your loadout from the character select screen.

Current "Variations" will still exist as default loadouts, costume, and gear sets.
Hey hey! You're looking pretty smart now, sir.