What's new

UMK 3 Player Influences

ded

Elder God
thanks man, but i dont play everything after mk4 thu ;]

i would add def some vzla players (rzhoe and hanzo actually) because they are really really good at umk3 and probably one of the best players in the world at mk4 arc too.

Tim Static

Adminerator
ded_ said:
thanks man, but i dont play everything after mk4 thu ;]

i would add def some vzla players (rzhoe and hanzo actually) because they are really really good at umk3 and probably one of the best players in the world at mk4 arc too.
Ye, I seen some Hanzo vids and he is fucking sick too.

My dream would be a big ass tourney tho. No way I could compete and serious advance, but to watch would be fucking sweet.

rzp said:
Fight fire with Fire...

Hey, he just said that he´s learning just that, like shock said he never say something about beating ppl...^_^
You're right, I jumped the gun, but you can't learn things before you understand them. He doesn't.

Thanks for the link to the matchs videos...

mistaKM: no problem man, let´s keep on the thread and talk about the influences ^_^ look at "Tim Static" he said something good, about put all UMk3´s best gamers in a Arcade and fight, and fight... i can´t wait to have some matches next year in chicago (putlex it´s chicago where you live?) would be cool to see lex´s Tsung (i want to fuck that Tsung with my kabal hahahaha) Shock´s Ermac and some others, and play against Konqrr at MK2 :D

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Phi influenced my Sonya, ded_ influenced my Reptile, Julian influenced my Sektor, and I'd say DreemerNJ got me using Sindel enough to make her into a megabeast. :wink:

Human Smoke (SHOCK) Kabal (MOE30W) Reptile (THROWER) Scorpion (NAFA)

This was really back in the days of kaillera... before this site even existed or i even knew about everyone else.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
well, sticking a tomatoe up my ass? that's one influence I won't take from you [ban incoming]! ajajajajaja

There are alot of players that influence me 2 play UMK3 like:
ofcourse CRAZY AND MY BROTHER JJ.
Other influences are dc, shaney, Ampl1tud3...ya their pro status

Nightshowers said:
Now I've always said I'm an average player but the tips and videos on this site have helped me tremendously in becoming a better, more competitive player. Have there been any players that you have learned from and helped you get better? Of course, the UMK 3 originals who helped revolutionize the game get all the credit for how far the game has progressed today and they don't need to list influences.

Watching videos of Action KungFu's Kitana got me interested in playing/learning her. One day, I tried to use Crazy Dominican's style with Kitana and won a whole bunch of ranked matches, but I couldn't keep it up after that as he is really aggressive and my own style is more defensive.

For Sindel, I picked up some things from dreemernj, but I'm not nearly as good.

I don't know anyone who really plays Jade so I'm learning her on my own.
Wow thanks man

Well I'm back on Live now, but I'm terrible because I still have the same style from a year ago, cause I haven't played in about 10 months.

EDIT:

My influence? It was actually just myself, cause when i had started playing no one was playing as Kitana. This was up before I had started to play with Crazy Dominican. So I had no idea how I should even be playing her, outside of the homogenized run jab that everyone does and can do.

So I took a page out of SF and played her like a bastardized Charlie - where the Kitana is a sonic boom, I throw it and follow it. Playing as safe as possible making it so the only way I get hurt is if my opponent hits me out of the air, cause I'll block everything else.

Welcome back to the world of UMK 3 Action Kungfu! We should play some Kitana mirror matches as I would like to see how I do against you now. I think your style would still help you beat most scrubs on Live, but guys like abc, Annihilator83 have gotten so much better and are really good now compared to when we all first started. They are on another level.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Shock got me into it heavily by playing Kaillera tons and getting me back into UMK3 when I was mainly playing MKII. He showed me Run Jabs and huge combos.

I remember seeing Lex's Kung Lao way back and wanting to play like that.

Hanzo got me interested in Nightwolf where I have hated him literally since UMK3 was released in the arcade...4 axes ftw

Seeing Moe and Shock go at it on Kaillera was a sight to behold, wish there were more nights like that.

ded_ plays this game so well that he could do 99% of the big punishers with his toes I bet, he scares me! :shock:

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
first umk3 matchvid I ever saw was lex vs mklegend. yeah, that nw vs kabal total pwnage :lol:
it was a lot of fun, and it surprised me, since we didn't play like that back then. I guess lex way of rushing influenced me. also seeing hanzo's nw in 2003, and later pimple's cyrax and rzp's kabal had influenced me a lil. in fact, I could say that almost every umk3 player that I have seen has influenced my gameplay at some point. anytime you watch a cool tactic or move in a matchvid, you want to do that next time you play, just for seeing if it works against other people hahahaah
you can learn a lot from others, well that would aply to anything in life lol

also seeing ded's and hanzo's reptile! I got my first 100% punisher a few weeks ago and everyone (including me lol) was :shock: 8)
it was a really 1st time, I hadn't pulled that off ever. not even trying alone at home for the videos :lol:

edit: omg how could I forget my main/first ever influence! it was my friend here in Bogota, Javier. his way of playing was so calmed down, never button mashing, never yelling, almost no talk at all and god-like execution! he always had the craziest ideas for combos and set ups, he's the best umk3 player I've seen here. :( he quit in 2002. I think of him always as my umk3 mentor. I even mention him in the credits of cephalic kombat trilogy (original version)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
Shock got me into it heavily by playing Kaillera tons and getting me back into UMK3 when I was mainly playing MKII. He showed me Run Jabs and huge combos.

I remember seeing Lex's Kung Lao way back and wanting to play like that.

Hanzo got me interested in Nightwolf where I have hated him literally since UMK3 was released in the arcade...4 axes ftw

Seeing Moe and Shock go at it on Kaillera was a sight to behold, wish there were more nights like that.

ded_ plays this game so well that he could do 99% of the big punishers with his toes I bet, he scares me! :shock:
HAha...good stuff. I wish I could have saw Shock and Moe go toe to toe. Lucky you.