What's new

Ultradavid 20 minute first-look at Geras

Resident FGC Lawyer, Ultra David is doing his duty as the day -90 something Geras expert by bringing us a 20 minute look at the first new character for Mortal Kombat 11. Go check out what this time-bending Tremor can do!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Ed mentioned how there were 3 "regulated" variations in the game, and there are no moves in the game that aren't present in those variations because they don't want competitive players to miss out on stuff.

This is a lot of moves, though... I wonder if this means that the competitive Variations have more moves and depth, or if Ed was just mistaken. I really hope not, because all these moves look really cool and it would be a shame if some of them is for casual play only.

Crimea

Noob
Ed mentioned how there were 3 "regulated" variations in the game, and there are no moves in the game that aren't present in those variations because they don't want competitive players to miss out on stuff.

This is a lot of moves, though... I wonder if this means that the competitive Variations have more moves and depth, or if Ed was just mistaken. I really hope not, because all these moves look really cool and it would be a shame if some of them is for casual play only.
there's a chance some characters will have more than 3 competitive variations

this game looks complex. It isn't catering to casuals at all.
I'm getting that feeling as well, which is good for those that want to delve into it and learn all there is.

But what the NRS team seems to be good at is making casuals feel like they've accomplished something. So even though they might not know all the technical mechanics behind it they can still pull off some fancy-ish combos and things like x-rays/fatal blows/krushing blows etc.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
yeah but you just know that all the scrub loser uTube "influencers" are going to trash the game as they just completely suck at it. I mean look at the "it is just like Injustice 2" narrative on uTube and among other scrubs.

By making the game more complex, it could basically kill it.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do we have any idea how many times he can use the round timer changing moves?
That's what I've been trying to find out. It didn't use any meter, so can you just spam it and end a round?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do any of his competitive variations come with that rewind move (the 3-slot move)?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You're saying stupid shit just to paint the old NRS vs other FGComunites discourse. David has been supporting and playing NRS games for a good while. On UltraChen he is always talking about the game and the community.
It's just what happens. It's not a scene versus scene thing. Look at MKX, and all the "other" big FGC players that were playing and competing and pushing content. Then they disappeared and went back to their preferred games. Usually because they find something to complain about or they just lose interest. I love ultradavid. I'm sure he'll make some videos for a couple months, and then stop, and he'll commentate the occasional tournament here and there. But you know deep down that the same thing is gonna happen.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Wonder how the rewind would work in defence. Like it is 4 sec right and invincible? Get thrown into a corner, nup.. time and your back out ... be interesting to see how the recovery works.. like maybe you are out of recovery in time to combo... like in MKx if you uppercutted real close to wall they would bounce out behind you.. maybe port could move you backward more than a dash to extend combos... I dunno.. but seeems like a lot of tech to be found with this time system.

Do any of his competitive variations come with that rewind move (the 3-slot move)?
my understanding that the tourney variations encompass every available ability.

Colares

Noob
It's just what happens. It's not a scene versus scene thing. Look at MKX, and all the "other" big FGC players that were playing and competing and pushing content. Then they disappeared and went back to their preferred games. Usually because they find something to complain about or they just lose interest. I love ultradavid. I'm sure he'll make some videos for a couple months, and then stop, and he'll commentate the occasional tournament here and there. But you know deep down that the same thing is gonna happen.
I don't know this at all. You for sure don't follow him. For sure there are people that hop in the FOTM but he is not one of them. Just because someone likes other games and don't stream 24/7 MK don't mean they're not invested.