What's new

Ultimate MK3 Cyrax Air Throw Infinite

Derek

Noob
Hammerbash said:
Is that unblockable? :eek:
You can't block the air throw. Does the fact that Cyrax has two infinites bring him up on the tier list any? Even though they'd both be almost impossible to pull off in a real match.

ded

Elder God
i actually think this infinite can be useful (teleport while opp is in the net!) but doubt about bringing him up in the tier

i hope pimple never read this thread xD... he like to know all cyrax´s newest shit xD... this is amazing, someone know him or something?

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
DAVE101 said:
There must be some random factor when you do it in the left corner
Corner Resets

This is going to be difficult to explain in text, but I will do the best I can.
So back to what I was saying about crossup throws, when you land on top of them and the sprites overlap, if you dont throw, the attacker will "ice skate" out of the overlap. Theres rules for this when it happens in the corner, and its very useful to know. Let me start out with mock up of the starting positions:

p1 - player one's starting position
p2 - player two's starting position
p1c - player one corner
p2c - player two corner
| - wall

|p1c p1 p2 p2c|

p2 backs p1 all the way back into p1c so that he can't go any further. Now, when p2 jumps on top of p1's sprite, he will always be pushed back out of the corner and p1 will remain in the corner. p2 will not be able to get behind p1 while p1 is backed all the way into p1c.

so, if p2 is backed all the way in p1c, and p1 jumps on top of p2's sprite, then p1 will be in the corner and p2 will be pushed out.

I understand that. Normally when P2 jumps over P1 in P2's corner (right side) P1 will always be pushed out (corner reset theory). But in the video above, it looks like P2 is being pushed out because cyrax is throwing the play from the left side to the right every time.

In order for it to work in the left corner p2 needs to be pushed out every time, but it doesn't always work for some reason, p2 will sometimes get stuck in the corner. I think it's random, but that's why I brought it up.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/25/693029/cyrax_lef_corner.wmv

dreemernj

Ambassador
DAVE101 said:
I understand that. Normally when P2 jumps over P1 in P2's corner (right side) P1 will always be pushed out (corner reset theory). But in the video above, it looks like P2 is being pushed out because cyrax is throwing the play from the left side to the right every time.

In order for it to work in the left corner p2 needs to be pushed out every time, but it doesn't always work for some reason, p2 will sometimes get stuck in the corner. I think it's random, but that's why I brought it up.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/25/693029/cyrax_lef_corner.wmv
Shang was getting pushed out because Cyrax was P1 in P1's corner and up against the wall so Shang couldn't be behind him. But on the last throw in that vid, Cyrax is away from the corner enough that Shang doesn't have to get pushed out of it any more. Cyrax only moved a couple of pixels for the first few but then on that last throw he moved out enough to not be touching the corner any more so Shang was able to wedge himself in there, lol.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's a definitive mechanic that is usable to do it. I think if people bother using Cyrax they might be able to incorporate it into gameplay. If so, it'd bring him up. The other bomb break infinite is pretty much unusable.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I tried a little bit on Live with Cyrax last night but my connection has been screwey the last few days. It's better now so I might try more tonight.

i think it can´t be, cus at least, cyrax´s air throw is a command and he go fly fast and direct to the opp, Smoke you got to jump and push block button xD

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow, that's insane. I can't seem to find the rhythm though, even using Cyrax's corner. Only been able to get 3 throws off in a row thus far.

Care to elaborate a bit on how it's done ded_?

ded

Elder God
it looks really easy actually, i even got 2 air throws yestarday online. just air throw into corner (right) and d,b,bl before cyrax touch the ground, then just LP to throw cancel.... repeat

im trying on it, but my computer is very slow, just got two in a row, but seem to be possible xD, but at the left corner i guess it doesn´t work
off topic: very nice sig konqrr LOL! do you only play on kailera? run ok or slow? (i guess slow xD) so sad that venezuelan´s internet is so fucking slow...

Derek

Noob
Konqrr had both Xbox Live and Playstation Online but due to certain issues he no longer has either. I miss Konqrr :cry:

xbla have a online option too?... sound very cool ^_^ (i hope nintendo put some of those mk´s online too, i know that it can´t be xD)